No northern westbound TA in 2020

UKPete71

Just now, Cruise Junky said:

Not sure to be honest.  I went through the same thing booking Connie for 2021. A ton of rooms blocked.  I'm thinking they're going to be switching around some categories to do with the revitalization.  Most M class ships I see in this time range have zero sweet sixteen available, they're all blocked.  Something is definitely going on.

Exactly. 

And the hump... etc. Lots of desirable staetrooms are blocked

Just now, Cruise Junky said:

It's been too consistent though with these new releases.  There are always cabins blocked, that's for sure. But these new releases, it's an absolute ton of them and it's always the same ones. There's more blocked than available. 

Re-rating rooms?

Will some become infinity balconies?

On 12/9/2018 at 8:20 AM, Airbalancer said:

I start see freezing temperture in November at home , so I am not going spend money to travel in freezing temperatures😉

Also I pass on Boston, New York and Miami as ports to visit 

My neighbor, is born and raised in Brooklyn...he's been in the South 40+ years...he loves to cruise, he refuses to cruise out of NY...says a lot to me.  

Edited by PTC DAWG

4 hours ago, Fogfog said:

Will some become infinity balconies?

While aboard Silhouette last month, I attended a presentation relative to "The Revolution" of the Millennium-Class and Solstice-Class ships...

The speaker--from Future Cruise Sales--was quite clear that the "Infinite Balcony" concept will not be introduced on the ships that are being revolutionized...

31 minutes ago, Xport said:

While aboard Silhouette last month, I attended a presentation relative to "The Revolution" of the Millennium-Class and Solstice-Class ships...

The speaker--from Future Cruise Sales--was quite clear that the "Infinite Balcony" concept will not be introduced on the ships that are being revolutionized...

That’s really good news!  I don’t think an Infinity balcony would suit me at all.

1 hour ago, Xport said:

Thank heavens. 

11 hours ago, goofysmom99 said:

I just checked prices for Aug 2020 on Summit.....holy cow!  🤑

9 hours ago, Cruise Junky said:

Yes, definitely not TA priced. 

I'm not defending the pricing, just noting that with port calls in Iceland and Greenland, and cruising the spectaculal Prins Christian Sund (photo below), those aren't typical TAs, and itineraries with those ports on other cruise lines can be pretty pricey as well.  Folks interested in an itinerary like this might also want to look into HAL's Viking Passage (we just did that this summer and it was incredible) and their Voyage of the Vikings.  It's good to see Celebrity adding some interesting itineraries. I hope they do more.

enhance

(Prins Christian Sund, by turtles06)