Drinks Package

Shone216

We’re new to Princess and wondering whether or not to get the Premier drinks package.....can anyone tell us roughly prices for say a glass of wine..... a cocktail....gin & tonic....we like a couple of glasses of wine with our evening meal and a few drinks after but are not excessive drinkers so wondering what’s more beneficial... the package or pay as we go

31 minutes ago, Shone216 said:

We’re new to Princess and wondering whether or not to get the Premier drinks package.....can anyone tell us roughly prices for say a glass of wine..... a cocktail....gin & tonic....we like a couple of glasses of wine with our evening meal and a few drinks after but are not excessive drinkers so wondering what’s more beneficial... the package or pay as we go

Most cocktails are around $8.95, wine $7 and up. Most drinks are under the limit allowed.

Each person would have to drink 8 to 10 plus drinks per day each to be worthwhile IMO.

You are probably better off with the pay as you go if you don't drink that much.  But, don't forget, it does also include bottled water and specialty coffees. 

The cheapest glass of wine is probably around $9 a glass.  The well drinks probably start at about $7 - $8 and go up from there.  The coffees start around $3 and beer starts around $6 a piece.  

We do drink and it really isn't worth us to get the package unless it is during the Sip and Sail promo.  

2 hours ago, Shone216 said:

Another advantage of paying as you go. The Princess wine by the bottle selection is better than the wine by the glass selection. If you don't have the package, then you would probably purchase wines by the bottle. If you don't finish the bottle, Princess will recork it and keep it until the next day. You don't even have to return to the same restaurant - just tell them your cabin number and the last restaurant that had the wine and they will find it for you. You can also order by the bottle if the two of you like different wines - they will save both bottles for you for the next day.

2 hours ago, Shone216 said:

Here's copies of the menus - prices in USD. 

Scroll down through the photos for the different menus.  

There's only about 6-8 drinks on the various menus/available that are not covered by the package - around 5 or so wines/champagnes by the glass, and a couple aged scotches.  

The average break even for the package is about 6 alcoholic beverages and one or two nonalcoholic drinks daily. Obviously less alcoholic drinks if you drink a lot of the nonalcoholic ones - sodas, specialty coffees and teas,  fresh juices, bottled water. etc..

Obviously not every day - some may be more, some less - that's the average for break even..

Only you know what's worth it to you..

Happy sails.

• Like 1

It depends. How many sea days does your cruise have? 

I find on a port intensive cruise it’s not with it for us, when there are lots of sea days... it’s a toss up now on sea intensive days. I can’t drink thank much consistently but 6-7 drinks is what it takes me to reach the price of the PBP because we do martinis. Bottles of sparkling water are included and we drink a lot of them. Coffee is also included.

We used to always get the package. On our next 15 day cruise I think I’m not going to get it. We always did it for convience to prepay everything. The price went up about $10 or day and now I’m thinking pay as we go. It was always better to pay as we go but the convience of prepaying won out. Not so much anymore for us...

There are price evaluaters on cruise critic. Spreadsheets to help you figure it out.  Check them out 

Just off regal and my drinks were all about $10 after gratuity. I drink martinis, and I also like the Beverly Hills iced tea. I contemplated the package but decided against it. Again, after 6 drinks it makes sense. Some people think that is a lot, but it's not hard to hit since you are on vacation after all. I wouldn't do it in Europe or Asia, just the Caribbean.