“It’s all on the app” well, not exactly

cruisestitch

Still quite a few bugs to work out

tonight ‘s menus didn’t match the app’s menus.  For some reason the chef decided to go with “menu 3” but the app showed “menu 2.”  The Maitre Ds spent a lot of time apologizing 

the daily program (printed) didn’t match the activities shown on the app.

it’s ummm a work in progress.  Given the crack Celebrity IT staff, expect it to take a looooong time to achieve its potential.

42 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

tonight ‘s menus didn’t match the app’s menus.  For some reason the chef decided to go with “menu 3” but the app showed “menu 2.”  The Maitre Ds spent a lot of time apologizing 

it’s ummm a work in progress.  Given the crack Celebrity IT staff, expect it to take a looooong time to achieve its potential.

Chefs perogative!

That does happen sometimes for whatever reason known to the chef..,Hope we do not become slaves to the app...

I understand the chef deciding to change menus.  What I don’t understand is not updating the app.   The people at my table had chosen Tuscan specifically because of the menu they saw on the app. But when they got there, those dishes were not on offer last night. That’s the kind of thing that creates problems.

5 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

I understand the chef deciding to change menus.  What I don’t understand is not updating the app.   The people at my table had chosen Tuscan specifically because of the menu they saw on the app. But when they got there, those dishes were not on offer last night. That’s the kind of thing that creates problems.

Your table mates would have been disappointed in any of the four restaurants as they all would have had the same menu.  Of course the regional menus would be different in each venue, but these never change from one day to another.

58 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Yes the change was made across all restaurants, just not communicated by the app.

We first cruisers are using the app in beta mode, hopefully we will find all the bugs and the app will come out of the testing phase shortly.  My fingers are crossed for our January 20th cruise.

I think you’ll agree there’s a lot of useful information on the app. Also using it to register in advance made embankment very easy.

Edited by Oville

sailed Dec 3rd and saw a tech seminar for people with apple watch on the first day. My phone said 4:15, my wifes said 5:15 and the written schedule said 8:15. After refreshing our apps we decided it was 8:15 so wife shows up at 8:15 and it was suppose to be 8:00 but they canceled it all together. App was useless to us since many of the thing we wanted to do got cancelled at the last minute. I didn't use it at all.  

On 12/10/2018 at 8:41 PM, cruisestitch said:

This happened to us two or three times on the Reflection. Even more strangely, one person's app would have one menu and another person's would have another! It was easier just to check with the maitre d! :classic_rolleyes:

1 minute ago, digital_curator said:

This happened to us two or three times on the Reflection. Even more strangely, one person's app would have one menu and another person's would have another! It was easier just to check with the maitre d! :classic_rolleyes:

Just curious, was the app on Reflection in Beta Mode?  Pushing the app on Edge seems to be causing ill will.

2 minutes ago, digital_curator said:

I'm not sure.

On the whole, I liked it but bugs like the menus were a pain. I'm a little sad it isn't available for our upcoming Silhouette sailing.

On our two day cruise the paper daily planner didn’t match the app, in one instance the app was more accurate but we mainly relied on paper.

Thanks for you reply.