Windstar Beach Experience-Drinks

minidonuts85

6 hours ago, ridethetide said:

The only free drinks we have gotten are when you first arrive, during the Captain's reception, and if you sit at the Captain's table for dinner.

I think you get free drinks when invited to sit at any officer's table. I got them at the Hotel Director's table. 

Also, there is a Yacht Club reception one evening with free drinks - that applies after you have been on your first cruise with Windstar. 

On my Star Collector cruise, there was a reception toward the end of the first cruise in the Star Collector for those staying on for the second cruise. 

Edited by new_cruiser

Just got off Wind Spirit today and agree with all New Cruisers additions. Ours was a James Beard Foundation cruise and we sat with the COO of same, and enjoyed drinks and nice wines. And the Yacht Club members party and Captains reception. But just mai tais that tasted like fruit punch at the island BBQs. 

Edited by Petoonya

• 2 weeks later...

No free drinks.  If you want it, you buy it. If you like to drink, buy a beverage package.   I am not a drinker and like that Windstar does not include drinks.  I would like to include free wifi. I also miss the complimentary excursions.  Some of my best memories were the Villa Dorazo in Portofino and the History Museum in Copenhagen. They were fabulous events.

We are very happy WS is not all inclusive. We are very light drinkers I like red wine and champagne max usually 2 drinks a day. My husband a beer or a  glass of wine every other day ( health issues ), we do not need or want WIFI because we are retired and WS lets us get away from it all, no included excursions please our interests are very different than most folks,  I love researching that is part of my pleasure, and we are not big group people. We love the fact that WS  honors your individuality by letting you pay for the things you want to do, drink and how you want to do it. I hope they never change those policies. Up coming our 23 we still love it. Happy Sailing