'Twas the Cruise During Christmas - Zuiderdam 2018

POA1

I mentioned this before, but ever since the Cruise Critic app went away, my wife has spent virtually no time on the boards. This is unusual, especially when we have a cruise scheduled. Tonight as we were turning in, she mentioned that she was going to have to look at the site on her tablet. (I bookmarked everything for her a while back, so it should be pretty straightforward.) While I hope she'll participate, it's possible she just wants to see what I'm saying about her. Either way, we're both excited for tomorrow. Today's weather was nasty, but it should be sunny, dryer, and in the mid-70's for sail away tomorrow. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, POA1 said:

I mentioned this before, but ever since the Cruise Critic app went away, my wife has spent virtually no time on the boards. This is unusual, especially when we have a cruise scheduled. Tonight as we were turning in, she mentioned that she was going to have to look at the site on her tablet. (I bookmarked everything for her a while back, so it should be pretty straightforward.) While I hope she'll participate, it's possible she just wants to see what I'm saying about her. Either way, we're both excited for tomorrow. Today's weather was nasty, but it should be sunny, dryer, and in the mid-70's for sail away tomorrow. 

Speaking only as my humble self, I don't feel you have anything to worry about, being the totally (totally, dude) domesticated, self-taught, disciplined, fast learning, speedy, attention to detail paying, humble, white apron-wearing domestic man servant that you are...............plus, you have spoken, in the fifth tense, anything but sweet nothings about your lovely spouse leading up to tomorrow's momentous occasion.................wait, the child bride just spoke up and suggested you should purchase a day pass in Zuidy's Spa for DW. She's very good with suggestions...............:classic_cool:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

wait, the child bride just spoke up and suggested you should purchase a day pass in Zuidy's Spa for DW. She's very good with suggestions...

Thanks for character reference! Also thank your wife for the tip. 

2018-12-15-01-CheerHQ-Card-sm.jpg

Good morning from the picturesque city of Fort Lauderdale, Florida!  We’re loading up our scientific equipment, research modules, scanning devices, robotic probes and a prodigious quantity of shoes and purses as we prepare to begin our nearly 15 minute journey to Terminal 26 in Port Everglades.  You can feel the electricity in the air as our team makes its final preparations and completes its pre-launch checklist.

fort-lauderdale-poster-02-sm.jpg

DFIL flew in yesterday afternoon and we treated him to lunch at Anthony’s Coal Fired Pizza – the mothership location on

Federal Highway (US Route 1).  It’s the National Institute of Cheer’s Official Place to Eat When Returning Home.  I realize that we’re technically already home, but we have a new person coming to visit. Also, it’s pizza. No excuse is needed.

Random Pre-Cruise Tourist Tip:

If you happen to have a day to spend in Fort Lauderdale and are looking for something to do that won’t break the bank, the Fort Lauderdale Water Taxi is a great option. The boats run from 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM daily and you can buy your tickets in advance to save a few bucks.  https://watertaxi.com/  During the holiday season, many of the homes along the intracoastal waterway decorate for Christmas or Hanukkah, making after dark cruises a nice way to spend an evening.  They do run special Christmas Lights cruises, but you can do just as well with a regular ticket.  The Water Taxi picks up at a number of stops. Check their website for a map of the stops, schedule, and ticket information.

https://watertaxi.com/

They call Fort Lauderdale “The Venice of America.”  We have 177 miles of canals inside the city limits compared to Venice’s 26 miles of waterway. They do beat us hands down in gondolas though.

fort-lauderdale-poster-01-sm.jpg

Map-2018-12-16-FLL.jpg

Edited by POA1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, trixiee said:

Thanks for the water taxi idea!  I was wondering what to do between the time our hotel kicked us out, and the later embarkation notice received earlier this week...

Just watch the schedule.  The taxi takes a while to make a full loop and you don't want to be stuck floating around when you need to be back. You could always take a land taxi or Uber/Lyft back to your hotel from one of the stops, but that seems like extra stress.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, POA1 said:

We were on the ship by 11:55 am. Rooms were ready at 12:10 pm. EBP upgrade accomplished on the first attempt. Shout out to Jude from the Lido. We're happy, happy campers. 

Excellent Brian!

glad you were able to do the upgrade to EBP so easily 😄  Good news indeed!

42 minutes ago, POA1 said:

We were on the ship by 11:55 am. Rooms were ready at 12:10 pm. EBP upgrade accomplished on the first attempt. Shout out to Jude from the Lido. We're happy, happy campers. 

Good news! I was hoping it would be easy. 

Enjoy your cruise. Looking forwards to your reports. 

• Like 1