LIVE Suite Life Harmony Western December 16

Andy C

I also think it's funny and sad that some people just don't understand that Pinnacles as well as Suite guests have the same benefit of using the SL/CK and It's really the behavior of a person that changes the atmosphere in both of these venues.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, DJChick said:

I also think it's funny and sad that some people just don't understand that Pinnacles as well as Suite guests have the same benefit of using the SL/CK and It's really the behavior of a person that changes the atmosphere in both of these venues.

There are other issues besides the few rude cruisers. There is the issue on some cruises where the number of P’s are overwhelming the SL/CK and diluting the expected Suite Experience. 

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

5 minutes ago, DJChick said:

Be that as it may the Royal Suite Class marketing materials make no mention of this and there are many, many posts about people who PAID FOR A SUITE couldn’t use the SUITE amenities. 

• Like 1

Andy proposed elimination of P’s in SL/CK. I’m not quite that drastic. I say limit the numbers of P’s into the SL/CK at any one given time. Set a number that is manageable. First come first serve. As one leaves, another may enter. 

Or limit it to X P’s based on tier points. 

Or survey the P’s and let them decide how to limit their numbers in the SL/CK. 

Or provide and exclusive area for P’s. 

17 hours ago, frank808 said:

Those doors never seem to lock real well.  Always had problems with them shutting close.

On msc there is more incentive to get into the yc area.  The bar serves drinks for free since it is part of yc.  Also it is realtively calm up there compared to the pool areas around the rest of the ship.  Seaside is a little smaller than freedom class but holds about 800+ more passengers.

That is probably why no complimentary drinks on the Suite's sun deck.  Can't control who comes and goes.  Though it seems each time we are up there, even in the middle of the day on a sea day, it is never busy on Oasis.  

16 hours ago, STANMELB said:

Hi Pat,

Is this for our 1-20-19 Oasis Cruise? I received an e-mail to upgrade this cruise today. Going from our Crown Loft to a Star Loft was $800 per person. Upgrading to a 2 Bedroom ATS was $400 per person.

Went to our Travel Agent this morning. He called Royal to find the price if we upgrade on our own. Was told that there are no Star Class Suites available. Looks like there are still 2 Crown Loft available.

Yeah, I used our favorite cabin search website...which shows actual cabins...not what RCI wants to hold out on you. 😉  Indeed saw just the one side facing (which we would prefer) CLS, then later an aft facing one showed up also...but no Star class suites.  Aqua theater suites indeed available, but Bucky does not like them.  Too noisy, too much vibration....and of course...too far from the SL and CK. 

Waiting to find out on my bid.  I only bid the very minimum at 305 per pax going from GS to CLS.  Otherwise, we will be perfectly happy with the GS.  We currently have that same cabin again, very good location, great cabin attendant!  🙂 

Yes, this is for our 1/20/19 cruise with you.  Bucky said "Tell John he is costing me money".  LOL!!  😄 

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

That is probably why no complimentary drinks on the Suite's sun deck.  Can't control who comes and goes.  Though it seems each time we are up there, even in the middle of the day on a sea day, it is never busy on Oasis.  

Do not know why anyone would use the suite sun deck , we had no problem getting a seat close to pool or we had use of our very large balcony. 

8 minutes ago, George C said:

Do not know why anyone would use the suite sun deck , we had no problem getting a seat close to pool or we had use of our very large balcony. 

The DH loves to sit and read in a quiet area in the sun on the suites deck, without the noise and crowds of the pool deck.  Neither of us ever use the pool on cruise ships...which leaves two more chairs for the chair hogs.  😉

Our balcony was several sea days in the shade...which I prefer...but sends my DH up to the Suites deck to sit in the sun.  When the sun was evident on the balcony, that is where he was on those days.   

Did that answer your question?  To each their own, happily we are not all the same.  🙂 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Andy proposed elimination of P’s in SL/CK. I’m not quite that drastic. I say limit the numbers of P’s into the SL/CK at any one given time. Set a number that is manageable. First come first serve. As one leaves, another may enter. 

Or limit it to X P’s based on tier points. 

Or survey the P’s and let them decide how to limit their numbers in the SL/CK. 

Or provide and exclusive area for P’s. 

Only those that don’t pay for a suite. 

• Like 1

Andy,

i enjoy your reviews and agree with the problems in the SL/CK with some pins.  The cheerleaders are quick to criticize.  Even though I’ve just started posting, I’m hardly new to cruising.  We are two cruises from D+. We cruise in suites more than half the time and have seen totally outrageous behavior from some entitled pins.  MOST pins, and I know a few of the cheerleaders are the exception, cruise in inside cabins, they’ve always cruised in inside cabins and wouldn’t dream of ever purchasing a drink onboard.  They never did.  They consume only their free drinks and the rest of the time, they drink lemonade.  Yes, I know this from numerous conversations with pins, some really nice people and some are just not nice individuals.  I think this is why they behave so poorly in the SL. 

You are paying premium prices for a suite.  You’re told to expect certain benefits that are unavailable because pins think they come first.  

At some point, as more boomers make pin status, Royal will have to change something. 

Glad you had a cruise with only a few pins and it seems you didn’t have the more entitled ones. 

• Like 2

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 2:32 PM, John&LaLa said:

Oasis is much better. Makes me want to rethink Harmony when she heads north.  None booked yet. 

We're going Sep 8 and the 15th as a B2B... It would be nice to have another mizzou fan onboard to watch the games with lol 🙂 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andy C said:

Only those that don’t pay for a suite. 

Late to the pin party here.  Do I understand that pins get a free cruise (only booked inside for the past 50 years) cause of their "status" . Then infiltrate the suite paying people in locations that they paid for that is supposed to come with their suite booking? 

Guess I better warn my daughter and others with her sailing on 2/24.  We are going on the 50th anniv of RCl 11/2 so I guess I am for warned about people on that cruise. I may end up in the brig for talking back to the crappy cruisers.   Andy, keep the info coming-entertains me here in the north country.

14 minutes ago, vettprincess said:

Late to the pin party here.  Do I understand that pins get a free cruise (only booked inside for the past 50 years) cause of their "status" . ...

One "free" cruise every 350 points starting at 700.

18 minutes ago, vettprincess said:

Late to the pin party here.  Do I understand that pins get a free cruise (only booked inside for the past 50 years) cause of their "status" . Then infiltrate the suite paying people in locations that they paid for that is supposed to come with their suite booking? 

Guess I better warn my daughter and others with her sailing on 2/24.  We are going on the 50th anniv of RCl 11/2 so I guess I am for warned about people on that cruise. I may end up in the brig for talking back to the crappy cruisers.   Andy, keep the info coming-entertains me here in the north country.

If you pay for a suite and travel when there are a lot of pins onboard your suite experience will most definitely be diluted and in many cases, severely so. Also since many of them know each other quite well they swarm en masse. Good luck getting preferred dinner times and even better luck getting a seat in the suite lounge - and you can forget about a window seat. 

Do you have grandkids? Does your daughter have kids? I hope you don’t get the nasty, evil eyes that we and our children got on our September Harmony  cruise.  Go read my live review from that cruise. 

Oh and one more thing - 9 out of 10 times the crew will take care of a pin first and foremost no matter if you were waiting there first. 

Edited by Andy C
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, October17 said:

Tell me about the Louis XIII? I love cognac, but have never splurged on this one

Phenomenal. It’s a blend where the youngest Cognac used is 40 years old and up to 100 years old. It retails for around $3,500 a bottle. The bottle is Bacarrat crystal. 

13 minutes ago, Andy C said:

Phenomenal. It’s a blend where the youngest Cognac used is 40 years old and up to 100 years old. It retails for around $3,500 a bottle. The bottle is Bacarrat crystal. 

I priced it yesterday at Total Wine, you are right on, it was $3,299.99.  There was a little baby bottle of it too that was $599 for 3 ounces.😱

• Like 1