New Cunard Website

57eric

4 hours ago, Docker123 said:

3 July 2020 on QV.

Fjords cruise.

perhaps they were trying to be helpful getting the pax from Australia. 

Ah, yes, I see what you mean. Here is what I am seeing when I start a booking in Princess Grill for two passengers on the 3 July 2020 QV voyage using the Cunard Australia website.

First, I see this page where the fare is quoted as expected at $10,998 total ($5,499 per passenger).

image.thumb.png.a3bf025e3320afc97d85d700e3901da4.png

Then, about five seconds later, the screen automatically refreshes without me doing anything to show this new $50,994 total fare instead. There's no indication given that I see as to why the fare changed.

image.thumb.png.03d1923a83c40d5c96bc5869026fb35a.png

When I scroll down this page, I am able to find a section for flights with the option to "Change flight".

image.thumb.png.c7f62d77bf73cb5188a4ea226f1192bf.png

I can see where this gets a bit confusing, since after selecting "Change flight", the option for "No, thank you - Remove" says "You will not be refunded for opting out of this flight."

image.thumb.png.d2249dab2ef54eb142cbd299218a463b.png

But, next I select the "No, thank you - Remove" option anyway.

image.thumb.png.1f22251cc5da149a8fd39bb5ffc2d810.png

Now, after clicking "Confirm", I am back to a page showing the original $10,998 fare.

image.thumb.png.397d8cf4656eebdbc824c89b425d8057.png

I agree the way this is presented is a rather peculiar, but hopefully this helps show how it is possible to remove that flight which Cunard automatically adds to this voyage for $19,998 per person on their Australia website.

Hi all!

When I lived in NE-Iceland I could connect to cunard.co.uk without any difficulties.  Now I live in SW-Iceland and I am always redirected to cunard.com

Why is this happening and how can I fix it?

Thanks,

2 hours ago, brell said:

Hi all!

When I lived in NE-Iceland I could connect to cunard.co.uk without any difficulties.  Now I live in SW-Iceland and I am always redirected to cunard.com

Why is this happening and how can I fix it?

Thanks,

Cunard rolled out a new website design a few months ago. As part of that redesign, each country's individual website is now part of the "cunard.com" domain with a language-country indicator added. The website "www.cunard.co.uk" no longer exists as such. The website for the UK is now "www.cunard.com/en-gb".

Here is a list of some of the countries I know about, what their Cunard websites used to be, and what they are now.

UK:  "www.cunard.co.uk" -> "www.cunard.com/en-gb"

US:  "www.cunard.com" -> "www.cunard.com/en-us"

Australia:  "www.cunardline.com.au" -> "www.cunard.com/en-au"

Germany:  "www.cunard.de" -> "www.cunard.com/de-de"

What are you seeing in the URL immediately following "www.cunard.com" when you connect to the Cunard website from Iceland? That will tell you which country's new website you are using.

Edited by bluemarble

Thanks bluemarble.  I am indeed redirected to the /en-gb but that does not end my problem.  When I search for a cruise I only get "price from", i.e. the lowest price but I cannot find any price listing by stateroom types.  I have tried to register if that would change anything.  Then I am redirected to mycunard.cunard.co.uk/myaccount/ where I create my account and log in.  Then I go back to the /en-gb site, which does not accept the login on the myaccount site.  So I try to log in again on the /en-gb site and get the message "This email/password is incorrect".  I have retried three times, always with the same result.  So I guess there is no more Cunard for me if I cannot see the price listings.

2 hours ago, Underwatr said:

Those must be some nice flights. 

Yeah, notice that it even says "Fare type: Economy" out of Sydney Airport on my fourth screen shot above. Those must be some extremely nice economy flights for that fare. More website wackiness for sure, this time on the Australia site.

Edited by bluemarble

I can't help 

10 minutes ago, brell said:

Surprise, surprise!  It worked now.

Good to hear you are making progress. Also, please be aware that navigating the new website to get all the fares for specific stateroom categories is quite a bit different now. To get to the finest level of detail for all the fares on some of the stateroom categories actually requires starting the booking process and selecting specific decks and/or locations (forward/mid/aft, etc.).

30 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

I can't help 

Good to hear you are making progress. Also, please be aware that navigating the new website to get all the fares for specific stateroom categories is quite a bit different now. To get to the finest level of detail for all the fares on some of the stateroom categories actually requires starting the booking process and selecting specific decks and/or locations (forward/mid/aft, etc.).

Sorry, not entirely sure where the "I can't help" part of this earlier reply of mine came from. I think I was starting to say I can't help with the myaccount setup/login and then got interrupted. I'm always happy to help whenever I can.

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bluemarble said:

Sorry, not entirely sure where the "I can't help" part of this earlier reply of mine came from. I think I was starting to say I can't help with the myaccount setup/login and then got interrupted. I'm always happy to help whenever I can.

Blue Marble and Brell,  When you find a voyage you are interested in in the voyages search, click on the bar titled "See Voyage Details", that will bring you to the accommodations then scroll to the accommodation you want and the right arrow > will open up that section. If there are no accommodations available the message "Sold Out" will appear' directly below the accommodation type.  It is not necessary to start the booking process to get this information. It is general information and not room number specific,however.

1 minute ago, Bigmike911 said:

Blue Marble and Brell,  When you find a voyage you are interested in in the voyages search, click on the bar titled "See Voyage Details", that will bring you to the accommodations then scroll to the accommodation you want and the right arrow > will open up that section. If there are no accommodations available the message "Sold Out" will appear' directly below the accommodation type.  It is not necessary to start the booking process to get this information. It is general information and not room number specific,however.

Bigmike911 and brell,

What I was referring to is that,  for example, it is not possible to get the fares for each of the specific categories of sheltered balconies on QM2 (categories "BZ" through "BU") without starting a booking. What you will see in the accommodations section for "Britannia Balcony" are the lowest "from" fares for the general stateroom types of "Balcony", "Balcony (sheltered)", and "Balcony (obstructed)".

In practice, what this means most of the time is that the "Britannia Balcony" accommodation section for a QM2 voyage will be showing you the fares for the forward-most Balcony category "BF", the forward-most Sheltered Balcony category "BZ", and the forward-most Obstructed Balcony category "DF".

The only way I have found to determine the specific fare for a midships sheltered balcony on QM2, category "BU", for example, is to start a booking for a sheltered balcony, select "Change your room", and then in the room selector look for the fare quoted for the "Mid" section of the ship.

I trust this clarifies what I meant by needing to start a booking to get to the finest level of detail for all the fares. I agree one does not need to start a booking to get a general idea of what the fares will be. The accommodations section within the voyage details will provide that general level of detail about the fares.

14 hours ago, Docker123 said:

3 July 2020 on QV.

Fjords cruise.

perhaps they were trying to be helpful getting the pax from Australia. 

Docker123, I think you'll appreciate this one since you're from Melbourne.

Voyage Q035, "Tasmania And Southern Australia, 6 Nights (Q035)", Melbourne to Melbourne, 25 Nov 2020.

On the Cunard Australia website, the fare for a Britannia Inside is quoted as $1,339 per person ($2,798 for two). But if you actually start a booking for two passengers, the fare becomes $42,794 with flights automatically included for you.

And get this. One of the airport options offered to you is "Melbourne Airport". I kid you not. I'd love to see what flight options they would come up with to fly you from Melbourne to Melbourne to start the trip and then fly you back from Melbourne to Melbourne at the end of the trip, and all for a mere $19,998 per person economy airfare!

5 hours ago, bluemarble said:

Docker123, I think you'll appreciate this one since you're from Melbourne.

Voyage Q035, "Tasmania And Southern Australia, 6 Nights (Q035)", Melbourne to Melbourne, 25 Nov 2020.

On the Cunard Australia website, the fare for a Britannia Inside is quoted as $1,339 per person ($2,798 for two). But if you actually start a booking for two passengers, the fare becomes $42,794 with flights automatically included for you.

And get this. One of the airport options offered to you is "Melbourne Airport". I kid you not. I'd love to see what flight options they would come up with to fly you from Melbourne to Melbourne to start the trip and then fly you back from Melbourne to Melbourne at the end of the trip, and all for a mere $19,998 per person economy airfare!

I rattles my brain to see all this nuttiness. Do you suppose Cunard will actually ever enter the digital age with a web site that works? 

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 4:13 PM, bluemarble said:

The latest wackiness I've found with the new website is that the "More details" page for the Queen Victoria seems to have gone missing a day or two ago and is still missing today.

On the US website, the "More details" link for Queen Victoria on the home page now simply displays a blank page at "www.cunard.com/en-us/cruise-ships/queen-victoria".

On the UK website, the "More details" link for Queen Victoria on the home page attempts to go to "www.cunard.com/en-us/cruise-ships/queen-victoria/8" which now generates a 404 error "The page that you are looking for cannot be found."

It's a bit discouraging that instead of making progress with fixing the many broken/non-functioning links on the new website, they seem to be creating more of them.

The Queen Victoria details page has returned. It can now be found following the "Discover more" link on the home page of the US website, but it takes a bit of extra work to find it on the UK website.

They've apparently moved the QV page from ".../cruise-ships/queen-victoria/8" to ".../cruise-ships/queen-victoria/9". But they haven't fixed the "Find out more" link for QV on the home page of the UK website yet. That link is still trying to go to ".../8" instead of ".../9" and still produces a page not found error. However, if you go to "The experience", "Our ships" on the UK site, you can get to the "Queen Victoria" page that way.

Unfortunately, in the process of moving the page, they've apparently managed to lose the link that was recently added to download the QV deck plans. As of now, those deck plans can be found at either of these locations (using either "/8/" or "/9/" in the URL).

https://www.cunard.com/content/dam/cunard/inventory-assets/ships/QV/8/qv-deck-plans-2019.pdf

https://www.cunard.com/content/dam/cunard/inventory-assets/ships/QV/9/qv-deck-plans-2019.pdf

One step forward, one step back.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The information on the booking site regarding the Alaska cruises from Vancouver is gradually improving. Until last week it was showing a day 12 on 10-night cruises. Every day after 4 was incorrect.

Departure from Vancouver is by the "inside passage" which was shown correctly on the maps on the old site. This new site shows the QE departing Vancouver and turning south to go around to the west side of Vancouver Island. This is the route that will be taken on the return to Vancouver, when the last port call is Victoria. The maps still refer to the first full day as "the inside passage" but the route on the maps is on open sea.

Edited by david,Mississauga
clarification

1 hour ago, david,Mississauga said:

The information on the booking site regarding the Alaska cruises from Vancouver is gradually improving. ...

I've also noticed a few improvements with the new website during the past week or so. As I mentioned on the "QV's Phantom Voyage" thread, I'm now seeing an option to "Search by cruise number". Maybe that's been there for a while but I first noticed it last week.

A glitch I reported earlier has been fixed where it appeared possible to book an aft "BY" cabin on QM2 for the lower fare of a forward "BZ" cabin. The room selector for sheltered balconies now correctly begins by offering forward "BZ" cabins (when available) rather than starting by offering aft "BY" cabins for the "BZ" fare.

Back on the subject of searching by voyage number, I learned a little trick from reading the online brochure available on the Cunard UK website. That brochure states "To view fares please visit cunard.com followed by the unique cruise number, for example: cunard.com/V016". That works and automatically redirects to the longer URL for the voyage details page at "https://www.cunard.com/en-gb/find-a-cruise/V106/V106". Not a big deal since we now have the "Search by cruise number" feature, but I thought that was an interesting note anyway.

• I started to read the latest half a dozen posts but found that my head has begun to hurt!!  If and when we are ready to book a cruise with Cunard I guess it will be straight down to the travel agent and avoid the website altogether. 🤣
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Underwatr said:

IME an "inside passage" cruise that goes on the west side of Vancouver Island isn't unusual. Typically they mean the route once north of Vancouver.

Thanks, I wasn't aware of that. A quick check of Holland America and Princess - the lines with the most ships on the Alaska run - shows that the former takes the traditional inside passage, i.e. the east side of Vancouver Island, both ways but the latter often uses the west side route.

As I said before, the old Website showed a different route than the new site does. It doesn't matter to us because we are going anyway.

The maps are generally well detailed, but it is amusing to see on one of the Canada/New England cruises the map shows the QM2 going from Halifax to Sept-Iles via a land crossing of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Québec.

I wonder if Cunard has given up on trying to show the various promotions that apply to voyages in the search results on the US website. They used to show the names of the promotions (such as "Spring Savings Event") in a blue banner above the voyage names. I'm not seeing those banners any more.

If more than one promotion applied to a particular voyage in the US, that banner would state "Multiple offers available". And if you clicked on that banner, you would be given the option to select from among the various offers.

But as we've discussed before, the kicker is that "Multiple offers available" functionality never actually worked. Regardless of which of those offers you selected, you'd always see the same pricing. The new US website is apparently only set up to show one set of fares that applies to one particular promotion at a time.

Now I see as of yesterday there is a "5-Day Sale" being offered in the US. You can read about it in the "Special offers" section of the US website. But nowhere on the US website can you find out which voyages this sale applies to, much less what the sale fares are on any particular voyage (other than a few "Fares from $xxx" listed for a few sample voyages in the sale description). The only advice given is "To book this special offer, call your Travel Advisor or (800) 728-6273 and reference promo code RGD."

My suspicion is that since there are voyages where both the "5 Day Sale" and the "Spring Savings Event" apply, they've realized their new website can't handle that situation. So, they can't actually show us the specific voyages and pricing for the "5 Day Sale" or allow us to book that sale on their website.

Other third-party booking sites know all about this sale and are advertising the sale fares. As I see it, this is one more situation where the new website could be causing bookings to be driven away from being booked directly with Cunard.

Edited by bluemarble

As I dig deeper concerning the "5 Day Sale" currently going on in the US (which I discussed in my prior post above), it sure looks like the Cunard US website is actually quoting fares for that promotion on those voyages for which it applies (rather than the fares for the other "Spring Savings Event" which is also in effect for many of the same 2019 voyages).

The main clue (other than the fares themselves) is the fact that it is only quoting a $100 deposit per person which is one of the terms of the "5 Day Sale" promotion. For the "Spring Savings Event", the standard 25% deposit for US bookings applies.

But be careful. That $100 deposit per person for the "5 Day Sale" is non-refundable according to the terms and conditions of that promotion. Nowhere during the booking process on the Cunard US website does it actually tell you that the deposit is non-refundable that I can find. I guess that goes hand-in-hand with it not specifically stating what promotion you are booking in the first place.

Here's the latest problem I've run into on Cunard's new US website. For voyage M910, it initially quotes me a base fare of $1,559 per person for a sheltered balcony. But then, when I actually try to start a booking, this is what happens.

image.thumb.png.a13dc0bd08ecc74db1b0a91d82a34faf.png

Well, Cunard, I can fill you in on what this "unknown error" is that you've encountered. The sheltered balcony category is currently only available to be booked on a "guarantee" basis for this voyage (as can be verified on other third-party booking sites). But Cunard seems bound and determined to try and assign me a specific stateroom anyway and of course it can't.

I haven't been able to find a way around this error to book a guarantee stateroom if I actually had wanted to do so. I can't seem to find the option that used to be there for "We select your room" which would presumably allow a guarantee booking to proceed. Looks like a situation where the new US website may have taken a step backward and another case that could end up driving bookings elsewhere as a result.

Do any of the kind people who have done so much work decoding the new site happen to have a link to the bar menus on board, please. If it makes any difference, my sole interest is wine by the glass on QV in the Commodore Club, but any bar menu would be a huge help.

On 3/28/2019 at 1:54 AM, Bigmike911 said:

I rattles my brain to see all this nuttiness. Do you suppose Cunard will actually ever enter the digital age with a web site that works? 

Our Voyage Specialist has just informed, that P&O now have a mirror image of the new and improved Cunard site.

Obviously is was such a tremendous improvement and a great success with with Cunard guests, that Carnival will now look to roll out this wonderful site to all Carnival Group members.

For the record, my Nephew is head of a known development Team within a Global organisation, and to him it's AMATEUR CRAP (style over substance).  His Organisation would "Can" any employee who prepared this piece of garbage for primary testing.

It would appear Carnival nepotism, Carnival sycophants, or a mixture of both, were involved.  There is no other plausible explanation.

• Like 1