Fri Leknes, Lofoten Islands, Norway 8:00 AM 5:00 PM 0
Sat Honningsvåg, Norway 12:00 PM 11:59 PM 0
Sun Hammerfest, Norway 8:00 AM 5:00 PM 0
Mon At Sea  --- Overnight 0
Tue Ålesund, Norway 10:00 AM 7:00 PM 0
Wed Nordfjordeid, Norway 8:00 AM 5:00 PM 0
Thu Eidfjord, Norway 7:00 AM 6:00 PM 0
Fri Kristiansand, Norway

This is my NCL itinerary for Summer 2020.  I’ve been devouring this topic, wow!  Would love comments on this itinerary.  I’ve seen the discussions about Alesund and read the site about Hammerfest.  

I want to see scenery, am not afraid of hiking, but am paranoid of driving in unfamiliar areas where I don’t speak the language...but if there is a spectacular drive or bus tour, I’m in, and absolutely for hiking.  I want to allow lots of time so if I go slowly or get lost I won’t miss my ship.

What are the must do-must see in the above?  

Another vote for the Blue Puffin North Cape Sightseeing tour at Honningsvag. We were also there on June 22 and had a wonderful tour with Monika. In case you are interested I did a review of my cruise on Sapphire Princess and while some ports were different I did go to Trondheim (page 3), Honningsvag (page 4), Lofoten Islands (page 5) and Alesund (page 5 and 6).

Norway is absolutely beautiful and I hope you have a great cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, just_dont said:

@capriccio,
We were also at Honningsvåg with you on 22 June, but we were on "the other ship" that day. We did the afternoon Blue Puffin tour.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I watched your ship leave Honningsvag and here is a couple of photos of you sailing past the opposite side of the peninsula from Honningsvag.

IMG_20190622_185052.thumb.jpg.4487a9a0b8ff7fdf30bafb5699da1184.jpg

IMG20190622180626.thumb.jpg.dbccbc5d5cb453874bb9d055953b7556.jpg

• Like 1

I watched your ship leave Honningsvag and here is a couple of photos of you sailing past the opposite side of the peninsula from Honningsvag.

Excellent! Thank you!
And here's you guys arriving in the morning:
d8511aa03303aa53e303a4a8b0cc3dcd.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, just_dont said:

Excellent! Thank you!
And here's you guys arriving in the morning:
d8511aa03303aa53e303a4a8b0cc3dcd.jpg

Thank you very much! 😊 We were all very lucky with the weather that day. Although the wind was very cold and blustery at North Cape we were fortunate to have sunshine as well.

• Like 3

You guys are the BEST!  thank you!  Taking notes and updating my roll call sheet with possibilities from all this.  I can't wait!!!  I love travel and have been to a lot of places; Arctic Circle is brand new uncharted territory for me!

On 5/1/2019 at 7:02 PM, Redheadindixie said:

Thanks for this thread. My husband and I are sailing on Princess in June 2020 to Norways west coast. My question is has anyone taken a helicopter ride to Pulpit Rock? If so, is it worth the expense? 

When are you sailing?  My husband and I are looking at June 13, 2020 on the Crown.  MJ

On 6/10/2019 at 3:42 PM, Redheadindixie said:

Hubby and I are booked on the Crown to Norway for June 2020.  when I was younger I sailed Holland America I think twice- to the Caribbean and also to Alaska.  So long story short while I respect HA, I think I'm gonna be a Princess girl from now on out.  They just do everything right in my opinion- from an overall very classy operation to food, service and onshore excursions.  They have won awards for best onshore excursions and itineraries for awhile now.....

PS number of passengers is not a factor if the cruise line is organised and the ships layout is maximised. It helps if the elevators are fast also - Princess's are!

Are you on June 13th sailing?  My husband and I are seriously looking at that cruise.  Will decide on Monday.  MJ

6 hours ago, jangor said:

When are you sailing?

44 minutes ago, erdoran said:

I’m slowly getting excursions going, two so far with more to come.  

21 minutes ago, Redheadindixie said:

we are sailing on the Crown on June 27th 2020

Please note that this not Roll Call but a Norwegian Fjords Q&A !

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, rocklinmom said:

Considering booking the Princess 14 day Arctic Circle cruise in summer 2021 so following along. 

Looks like a nice itinerary Including Skjolden and Olden with scenic Fjord sailing and the beautiful cities of Bergen and Ålesund and one of the most beautiful areas of Norway; Lofoten Islands - and of cause Nord Cape (Honningsvåg)

• Like 1

We are doing a B2B cruise into the Norweigian Fjords and then the Arctic Circle next June, 2020.  I am looking for recommendations for hotels on Copenhagen prior to the cruise as we will be arriving 5 days prior to the cruise.  During the time we are in Copenhagen, we would like to go to Sweeden for a day trip or 2 day trips.  We would like a hotel with breakfast included, moderately priced with queen to king size bed.  We will need transportation to the hotel and the cruise ship terminal.  With the length of the trip, we will have 2 large suitcases, and either 1 medium and 1 carryon or 2 carryons plus a tote bag, so public transportation to the hotel and cruise terminal would not be manageable as we are in our mid 60's.  I do not do laundry on a trip and will only have the cruise ship do socks and underwear as they wash in hot water.  We will also need transportation to the airport from the cruise at the end of our trip.  I am not sure where to start to look for information on the hotel and transportation ideas.  Would it be better to rent a car versus paying for taxis and then paying for tours to Sweeden versus doing it on our own?

Thanks!

Mary Anne

Edited by MAHA

51 minutes ago, MAHA said:

I am looking for recommendations for hotels on Copenhagen

For Copenhagen I’ll suggest that you post your question in this topic - lots of information about Copenhagen hotels, transportation and more

4 hours ago, hallasm said:

For Copenhagen I’ll suggest that you post your question in this topic - lots of information about Copenhagen hotels, transportation and more

Thanks!  I did that as well to get information from both posts.

On 6/3/2019 at 6:32 AM, hallasm said:

Just make sure you’re at the deck early in the morning - it’s an 4 hours sailing through the Fjords.

Also don’t miss the Seven Sisters Waterfall at port side just before you reach Geiranger.

We have an aft balcony, directly on back of ship. Would you suggest going go up on top deck? Or can we see same scenery with out leaving our "porch"

42 minutes ago, croosieloosie said:

We have an aft balcony, directly on back of ship. Would you suggest going go up on top deck? Or can we see same scenery with out leaving our "porch"

Unless your balcony has quite a bit of uncovered area, you’ll want to be up on deck. Most of the dramatic scenery comes from looking up, so you need an unobstructed overhead view. And even if you have a very large terrace, it’s still worth getting up on deck for the sweeping panoramas.

As for the waterfalls, even if the ship slows down, you won’t really be able to see them from an aft balcony until they’re past. And only at a sharp angle then.

• Like 2

Expanding a bit... I’d plan to be up on deck for the sail-in and save the aft balcony for a leisurely scenic sail-out, when you’ll have the end of the fjord with the port and mountains receding in front of you. A great time to kick back with a drink and enjoy the beautiful scenery!

Edited by kaisatsu
  • Like 1

On 6/24/2019 at 5:35 PM, hallasm said:

Sorry - my mistake - I got the two ports swapped.

Information from  from the official Hellesylt / Geiranger Cruise Port web site

Link to Cruises ship arrivals

Technically this is the same port at two different location.

So alternatively take the ferry from Geiranger to Hellesylt

hellesylt Geiranger.png

Hallasm, thank you for posting the above link for cruise ship arrivals. Can you please explain what the highlighted cruises that are "Fully booked in Geiranger" means as opposed to the cruises that are not highlighted? We are scheduled to be in Hellesylt and Geiranger on July 20, 2020 aboard Oceania's Marina. Our cruise is not highlighted. 

1 hour ago, R & R Carroll said:

Hallasm, thank you for posting the above link for cruise ship arrivals. Can you please explain what the highlighted cruises that are "Fully booked in Geiranger" means as opposed to the cruises that are not highlighted? We are scheduled to be in Hellesylt and Geiranger on July 20, 2020 aboard Oceania's Marina. Our cruise is not highlighted. 

For July 20,  2020 only ship on Geiranger is Marina - space for more ships - for the dates marked 'Fully Booked- there are more ships and not room for more ships.

• Like 1