CARIBBEAN PRINCESS QUESTION

flgojo

I am cruising on the Caribbean Princess in May, I was wondering which dining rooms are for traditional dining?  We are on the Plaza Deck so I thought it would be so nice and convenient if we were in the Island Dining Room.  We are doing Traditional Dining.  Anyone with any particular likes about the Caribbean Princess in general?

Typically, it is the dining room on 6 Aft. Occasionally (more like rarely), they will assign one section of the midship dining rooms for TD. If there is a reason you cannot access the dining room in the aft section of the ship, speak with the Maitre'D on the Embarkation Day. He typically has hours that are posted in the Patter to solve such issues.

Island DR, deck 5 mid ship, is used for ATD beginning at 5pm.

Coral DR, deck 6 mid ship, is used for very early TD, ATD starting around 7:30pm and Club Class Dining

Palm DR, deck 6 aft, is used for early and late TD. To access the Palm DR you must go up to deck 7 or higher, walk all the way aft and then take the stairs or elevator to deck 6.

We also enjoyed the expanded selections at Slices (pizza & more) and the Salty Dog Grill (burgers and other items plus the Enersto Burger with a $5 surcharge).

For production shows you need to get to the theater 45 mins. early for seats, other shows around 30 mins. early. The mid evening show was simulcast in Explorer's Lounge. With the new dining times since we were on board earlier this year show times may have changed. 

Edited by skynight

If you go to the buffet be sure to go all the way through to the Steamers and Planks areas. That's where you get cooked to order eggs and omelets. Also very different lunch options than in the "main" part of the buffet. We did 2 weeks on CB in March and most passengers didn't seem to realize you could go on back there and have different options that were available in the main part of the buffet.

We had ATD but I'm pretty sure that Traditional Dining was in the Palm Dining Room - all the way aft on Fiesta Deck (deck 6)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Thrak said:

If you go to the buffet be sure to go all the way through to the Steamers and Planks areas. That's where you get cooked to order eggs and omelets. Also very different lunch options than in the "main" part of the buffet. We did 2 weeks on CB in March and most passengers didn't seem to realize you could go on back there and have different options that were available in the main part of the buffet.

We had ATD but I'm pretty sure that Traditional Dining was in the Palm Dining Room - all the way aft on Fiesta Deck (deck 6)

Hi Thrak,

Thanks for all the tips. My wife loves omelets.  We will be on the Caribbean Princess in January for 2 weeks.

I really hope everything was OK at your house when you were on your cruise. 

Your Friend,

Tony

A06B0A3D-8773-42C0-99E3-1477C16E1494.jpeg

As Thrak mentioned,  many don't realize in addition to the World Fresh Marketplace buffet they can go for the buffet for breakfast and lunch in Planks and Steamers which has a different selection for food.  

It's very seldom crowded  in Planks and Steamers.  :classic_wink:

30 minutes ago, skynight said:

Coral DR, deck 6 mid ship, is used for very early TD, ATD starting around 7:30pm and Club Class Dining

Palm DR, deck 6 aft, is used for early and late TD.  .........................

Explained exactly above.  

If you have early traditional, you could be assigned to either Coral or Palm.

If you have late traditional, you will be assigned to Palm.    

4 hours ago, skynight said:

Palm DR, deck 6 aft, is used for early and late TD. To access the Palm DR you must go up to deck 7 or higher, walk all the way aft and then take the stairs or elevator to deck 6.

We also enjoyed the expanded selections at Slices (pizza & more) and the Salty Dog Grill (burgers and other items plus the Enersto Burger with a $5 surcharge).

For production shows you need to get to the theater 45 mins. early for seats, other shows around 30 mins. early. The mid evening show was simulcast in Explorer's Lounge. With the new dining times since we were on board earlier this year show times may have changed. 

We usually do early dining but it's just too early now so I requested late this time.  Thanks for the info on the other venues, they sound good.  Last year we really enjoyed Alfredos so I was a little disappointed this ship doesn't have it.

4 hours ago, Thrak said:

We almost always go to the dining room but I have read a lot of good things about the CP buffet so we may try it one morning.

Just now, flgojo said:

We almost always go to the dining room but I have read a lot of good things about the CP buffet so we may try it one morning.

We stay up late so we often don't get up early for breakfast in MDR. My wife likes to make it to the Knitters and Natters meeting so when she leaves for that I get coffee and such. Generally it's way too late for MDR breakfast by the time we get it together. :classic_wacko:

1 minute ago, Thrak said:

We stay up late so we often don't get up early for breakfast in MDR. My wife likes to make it to the Knitters and Natters meeting so when she leaves for that I get coffee and such. Generally it's way too late for MDR breakfast by the time we get it together. :classic_wacko:

Ha! Opposite, I start work at 0530 and naturally an early riser.  The other thing I really look forward to is afternoon tea.  Another reason I changed to late seating.

We were on the CB last month and had second seating TD in the Palm on deck 6 aft.  Worked great since we had a cabin near the aft elevators.  We ate breakfast in the MDR on sea days while the port days we had room service that we ordered from our android phone the night before.  Simulcasting the theater show in the Explorer's Lounge was very nice and we took advantage of it several nights.  We did not have to show up 45 or even 30 minutes before the show.  The OM worked great unlocking our door as we approached, using it to leave and come back to the ship and for the few items we bought in the shops.  For lunch several days we went to the noodle place back in Steamers which featured freshly cooked dishes with the ingredients we wanted.  On the Planks side they had a Mexican buffet that needs to be missed.   Dinner every night except one was TD in the Palm.  The one night we decided to try out Planks which was good but not as good as what we get at home.  However I don't think the ship could ever match the mesquite wood fire that gives the BBQ the unique taste.  We have been on the CB many times and yes, she is older but has been modernized as much as possible and is being kept up.  We will be sailing on the CB again in 2020.  

3 minutes ago, Simple_Travels4578 said:

Greetings from the Caribbean Princess in Antigua. We have a 5:30 traditional dining in the Palm, which is the one you can only reach by the aft outside elevators or stairs.

Wow, good to be you. We will be dining in the Palm Dining room in 20 days when we leave on OUR Circle Caribbean trip.

Since you are on-board now, I have a favor to ask. We would like the CD to know there will be a total Lunar eclipse on the night of January 20th. Wondering if he is going to be doing anything special. Let us know the highlights of your trip so that we can try and duplicate your experience. Enjoy the rest of your sailing. I will be checking back in to see if you were able to get a response from the CD.

Thnx, Jim

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Quick question:  what time as they actually using for second seating TD? 

I know the info says 7:15 but I’ve read in multiple places that often on board times are different.

thanks!

7 hours ago, vmom said:

Quick question:  what time as they actually using for second seating TD? 

I know the info says 7:15 but I’ve read in multiple places that often on board times are different.

thanks!

I had early TD at 5:30. I believe the second seating was 7:45, but I’m going on memory 

On 12/21/2018 at 12:09 PM, OCruisers said:

As Thrak mentioned,  many don't realize in addition to the World Fresh Marketplace buffet they can go for the buffet for breakfast and lunch in Planks and Steamers which has a different selection for food.  

It's very seldom crowded  in Planks and Steamers.  :classic_wink:

Was Planks and Steamers open for lunch on port days like the rest of the buffet area? Or was this section closed like the MDR except on sea days?