The Love Boat On Stateroom TVs?

Bostonjetset

I'm sailing to Mexico on the Ruby Princess next month so have been searching YouTube for some videos to whet my appetite.  Whilst watching a vlog from this past November [last month] I noticed the vlogger turn on The Love Boat to watch as he was getting ready for bed.  I had read on CC a few months ago that Princess no longer aired the show but could this mean it's back?  It's such a small thing but I really enjoyed watching the show at night on the Regal a few years ago so got rather excited to see it may be available again.  Can anyone else confirm this?  Merry Christmas and/or Happy Holidays to you all.

3 minutes ago, Ep010835 said:

Same on the CB earlier this month. 4 - one hour episodes and one - 1/2 hour episode. 

10 minutes ago, milogurd said:

It was "on demand" on our Ruby cruise 2 weeks ago. Only 3 - 4 episodes though.

Thanks for the replies.  I guess it is better than nothing.

27 minutes ago, Bostonjetset said:

I'm sailing to Mexico on the Ruby Princess next month so have been searching YouTube for some videos to whet my appetite.  Whilst watching a vlog from this past November [last month] I noticed the vlogger turn on The Love Boat to watch as he was getting ready for bed.  I had read on CC a few months ago that Princess no longer aired the show but could this mean it's back?  It's such a small thing but I really enjoyed watching the show at night on the Regal a few years ago so got rather excited to see it may be available again.  Can anyone else confirm this?  Merry Christmas and/or Happy Holidays to you all.

I watched it frequently on our recent Crown cruise on the "regular" channels.  The same show would run all day (not one after another, it was interspersed with other shows).  I think there were at least 6 different ones that I saw.  There may have been more.

They used to have, what seemed Iike, every episode, available on demand. Last year with the advent of the upgraded video package there were only a few Love Boat episodes. I agree that it was good, light fare to watch as you’re drifting off to dreamland. 

I could never imagine being on a Princess cruise and not having Love Boat episodes to watch on the cabin TV.  I do agree however that they need to get more episodes for us to watch.  I imagine it is a copyright issue but since they are using the Love Boat as their theme they need to pay for more episodes.  The most fun I have ever had was when we were leaving PE on the Royal and Disney's latest ship followed us out of port.  The two ships had fun blowing their horns at each other.  First there was the Love Boat theme and Disney responded with their Wish Upon a Star.  They did this for several rounds and had pax on both ships cheering along with the people on the shore watching us leave.  

• Like 2

We don't watch it but last October on Emerald there were some passengers who were very unhappy that there was no Love Boat on any channels. The CD responded to queries on The Wake Show and stated that there were still episodes of The Love Boat on the TV but later had to withdraw that comment when he checked and found out the show definitely was not being shown. That was with the "on demand" system. Perhaps that's why there are a few episodes being offered on ships with that newer TV system these days. I know there were a few available on CB in March. Hopefully, for those who want to watch that show, there will always be at least a few episodes available. Like I said above, we don't watch it but it seems weird they don't just offer all of the episodes (or at least a lot of episodes) on every ship as it seems to be popular.

Note: I did watch it "back in the day" when I was much younger. I lived with my grandparents and they watched it every week so I watched it as well.

no tv show on demand seemed to have more than 5 episodes on the ruby last week.  live tv was just news channels and espn.  it was kind of disappointing at the lack of live tv options.  there was quite a few shows to choose from, mostly from discovery or animal planet, and some recentish movies.  i was sad the one movie we started watching in the princess theater one day but couldn't finish because we had to get to the wine tasting was never on demand.  the MUTS movies seemed to go on demand the next day.

the thing that really annoyed me was  a lack of sleep timer on the tv.  

On the Ruby earlier this month, there were a total of four episodes of the Love Boat on the "on-demand" TV.  Great that they had them, but only four episodes was disappointing.

Vampiress is right about how annoying the lack of a sleep timer can be!