MSC staus downgrade

ohnonotmeagain

11 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Ah ..... couldn't see the points on the first photo, Pete.  I could just see the status bar with the indicator at 10000.  I knew you had a lot more points than that!

cos I cut out that part of the image when I cut out my surname and membership No

Well, today it is showing my proper status.  But it only shows the second of my two previous cruises.  The first was the three day US inaugural on Divina.  I wonder if it does not show because I was not a Voyagers Club member at that time?  EM

On 12/27/2018 at 5:17 PM, sidari said:

Your status is shown at the top of the cruise ticket/letter that you receive with your cruise documents, and is shown next to your names.

Made our final payment this morning although it was SHOWN as needing to be paid on or before December 31, Lots of stress because the MSC phone was never answered on 12/31  and the MSC website pay link would NOT work!!!😱 Made for a worrisome New Years Day although we emailed everal screenshot proofs to MSC that we werev nmaking every attempt to pay our balance by 12/31. Called MSC EXACTLY at 9am this morning and made the payment with no problem whatsoever!!!!  Also confirmed that our status match with our Princess Elite black card (just got off the Pacific Princess on Dec 22) was MATCHED by MSC! YAY!!! Printed the proof which was on our booking/final payment confirmation after confirming with the MSC representative this morning!

Just off the phone with MSC (who answered promptly) to straighten out the BLACK Status on my upcoming two cruises (website previously showed BLACK Status, 10000 points, no expire date) and recently changed to "Welcome" status, 10000 points, no expire date.  My 3 prior sailings with MSC were also gone from the drop-down list of available booking numbers. 

Background:  I got BLACK Status with a match to my RCI Diamond status in August 2017 and assigned a seemingly random expire date of 07/19/2018 (is there a rule giving a 1 year life to a Status Match?).  Not a concern at the time as I had planned a Divina cruise in January 2018 (which was subsequently cancelled).  I called MSC before the expire date and was told it was not a problem since I had a cruise booked for later in 2018.  My e-Ticket for my Seaside cruise reflected the BLACK Status so all was right with the world.  Had a great time on Seaside with the BLACK Status perks.

The very polite CSR could not find my Voyagers Club account per my # but did see the BLACK Status on the two 2019 cruises.  Was placed on hold while the CSR contacted the VC people (apparently lowly customers are not allowed to speak directly with the all-knowing-and-powerful VC).

After a few minutes, the CSR returned to inform me my original VC # with BLACK Status had been cancelled as expired (despite my recent sailing which I expected would extend my status 3 years) and I was back to "Classic" with 500 points from my Oct 2018 Seaside sailing.  Of course, I was not very happy with this result.

To put a positive spin on the situation, their action has certainly killed the thought of spending $1500 to upgrade my upcoming Seaview cabin.  So, I guess the VC folks just saved me a lot of money!  The only BLACK Status perk I will miss is the robe but I suspect I can tip my cabin steward 5E for one (doubt they keep the robes under lock+key).

I called my travel agent to give him my new VC # for his records and he looked up the 2019 bookings in the travel agent MSC system and found they still show the old # so who knows what will happen when it comes time for final payment?

5 minutes ago, LBCABob said:

After a few minutes, the CSR returned to inform me my original VC # with BLACK Status had been cancelled as expired (despite my recent sailing which I expected would extend my status 3 years) and I was back to "Classic" with 500 points from my Oct 2018 Seaside sailing.  Of course, I was not very happy with this result.

What is the matter with these people, any half decent company would be falling over themselves to rectify the problem and keep a happy customer, they can see the problem but can't fix it? COMPUTER SAYS NO!

This is plain terrible customer service, I can't believe they don't just fix it, even if they just reissued a new black status match it would do the trick, anything over 10000 does not help anyway.