MSC staus downgrade

ohnonotmeagain

Hi

Just wanted to let people know to keep an eye on their status level as I have been DOWNGRADED. I applied for a status match in September 18 and was given black. Got a generic email wishing me happy new year and this had a gold  card logo. I checked on MSC website in my accounts and have been downgraded to gold. I have emailed them to explain....I won't hold my breath!!!!!

I was under the impression I has 3 years to book to maintain my status...…….

PS not booked anything with them before

Edited by ohnonotmeagain
added P.S
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Markanddonna said:

Ohno...

Where do you find the status level on their website?  I am supposedly black status but can't find it anywhere on their website. I have the confirmation email. 

I had a confirmation email that I was black too!!!!

Status level is found top right sign in/register , do either of those and it's in there.

If MSC have, indeed, decided to start downgrading status-matchers, then it's going to be a PR disaster for them.  After all, the status-match programme was introduced to incentivise people to try them.  This is sending out the wrong message, altogether!

As someone who 'earned' their Black Card by sailing regularly with MSC, I was glad to hear that they'd revisited the levels they were matching Black to.  However, I don't agree with the policy of downgrading - it seems crazy that they start someone off with 10,000 points only to take a good chunk of those points back!  :classic_rolleyes: 

I'm a matcher from NCL Platinum, and logging in just now it appears I still have the Black status.

I have sailed with MSC several times though, including once earlier this year - it shouldn't have anything to do with it, but have you sailed with MSC prior to or since the status match, or have you just matched without having a booking?

I Have/had Black card status from match to Celebrity Elite before we sailed in 2016.  We have a cruise booked for Feb. and all paperwork shows Black card status, and my record shows 11,100 points.  But with this discussion i just logged into my booking and it shows 'Status overview: Welcome, the orange color Welcome card, and under it it says one confirmed booking.  But it also shows the 11.100 points.  It will be interesting to see what card we get.  EM

Edited by Essiesmom

3 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

You need to click where I have highlighted on the left, and it should look like this:

club.thumb.jpg.b63a8cddd804b7449ca6875c6aad9cd0.jpg

Mine does not have this - just has the Enhance Your Cruise part.  We've made our final payment, but there isn't any way to see my account or anything.  We did the status match from NCL Platinum to Black.  Wondering if we have any status?

We just returned from our first MSC cruise in Divina's Yacht Club.  Prior to booking we had applied for status match and had no problem qualifying for Black.  But in the YC that Black status was not very meaningful.  It did get us invited to 2 Black Card parties (we did back to back cruises) where we could get a free drink,  But in the YC you have unlimited drinks and the quality of the drinks at the Top Sail Lounge is better then what you get in the Black Card Party :).  As to the free meals (specialty restaurants) we did try both of these venues.  In the case of Eataly we thought the free meal was a step down from the usual excellent cuisine in Le Muse.  We also joined an Officer-friend for dinner in the Galaxy (strange name for an oriental/sushi place).  We could have ordered from the free dinner options but we were not overly impressed.  So we ordered a la carte and our food was quite good (none of what we had was on the Black card freebee dinner).  And yes, we had our free bottle of Asti Spumante in our cabin which we never opened.  Why?  Because we could walk a few feet to the Top Sail Lounge and drink real French Champagne which was free if in the YC.

The final Black Card perk were the chocolate ships.  These things are quite amazing and weigh at least 1 pound.  Since we did two cruises and are both Black Card holders we actually go 4 of these ships.  Taking them home would have certainly put our luggage overweight (not to mention our own waist lines) so they remained in our cabin when we disembarked.  We suggested to our Butler that he give them to the crew but he said to just leave them in the cabin (have no idea if anyone got to enjoy all that Chocolate.

The reality is that the perks are really not that meaningful for those that book the YC.  The best benefit is the 5% discount which is available to nearly all the levels (no need for Black Card),

Hank

Try having 21 cruises done with them and only showing 'Classic' level with no indication of how many points I have, despite being a Black Card holder since 2014!  This has been an ongoing situation since last April and, despite numerous communications with the Voyagers Club UK office, has still not been rectified.  They even gave me an extra 100 'Bonus Points' at one stage, which is of no use to me as I already have 3.5 times the number of points required to attain Black.  :classic_rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

Try having 21 cruises done with them and only showing 'Classic' level with no indication of how many points I have, despite being a Black Card holder since 2014!  This has been an ongoing situation since last April and, despite numerous communications with the Voyagers Club UK office, has still not been rectified.  They even gave me an extra 100 'Bonus Points' at one stage, which is of no use to me as I already have 3.5 times the number of points required to attain Black.  :classic_rolleyes:

Maybe the Italian office needs to recruit some techies from countries known for their more meticulous skills.  I've sailed with four other cruise lines and have never seen these sorts of problems. Now, I roll my eyes when someone on another CC board for another cruise line makes a comment about a flawed website, 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Markanddonna said:

The 5% plus 15% discount was the best perk!  We already get free drinks on this cruise.

Our current Divina Xmas cruise was a 5+15% cruise although MSC did not advertise it, we found out via a friend in the USA, just a shame our New year's cruise was not the same discount.