Longer cruise

tigger54

Just took this same cruise earlier this month.  In addition to what fyree39 mentioned, there will be a guest lecturer with 5 different lecture topics, a naturalist (hopefully the wonderful Nancy) who will explain the natural wonders of Hawaii with many presentations, and ballroom dance instructors.  There will be more fly-on entertainers for evening entertainment.  There will be 8 comedians total for the Punchliner, each presenting one family and two different adult shows.

The current staff on the Splendor is fantastic.  The CD, Lee Mason, is the most engaging and sincere CD that we have encountered in 40+ cruises.  Be sure to go to all of his Morning Shows.  Spenser, the ED is unlike most any other Entertainment Director.  He is highly visible and loves to engage with the guests.  Lars, the Hotel Director, is always around making certain that guests have the best possible experience.

I have never taken one, but from what I have heard, your crowd gets significantly older. These are your veteran cruisers. They also have to beef up entertainment so people don't get bored on 14 days. The website mentions authentic eats, local entertainment, throwback days, etc.

I want to do one of these so bad. It is almost the same cost for me to fly to Hawaii as compared to an interior room cruise, let alone the costs from a hotel in Hawaii and traveling to the other islands. It's just trying to figure out how we both can take 14 days off. Have fun!

It sounds like this will be an interesting cruise. My husband and I are both platinum so laundry won’t be a problem for us. We also have a spa cabin so looking forward to the spa amenities. This will be a first for us. 

Thanks for all the replies. Even though we have been on many Carnival cruises, it looks like this one will be different in some ways . 15 days and counting. Now I am really excited.

One thing I forgot to mention is the Dive-in movies.  Since this was a long cruise, most, but not all, were shown on two different nights on the December Hawaii cruise.  The Splendor has a retractable dome that can cover the main pool area on Deck 9, so weather was not a factor for watching movies.

23 hours ago, tigger54 said:

My husband and I are taking the Splendor on a 14 day cruise to Hawaii next month. We have never taken a cruise longer than 8 days except for B2B cruises. What will be different about this 14 day cruise?

We are on this cruise also and this will be our longest one yet (8 days was the longest so far)! I am so excited I could squeal (I think I am, Lol). On the facebook page there all kinds of stuff people are planning to do: a cabin crawl with a poker run, slot pull, on the second formal night there is an effort to have people dress in Hawaiian attire etc...Also, I believe a lunar eclipse will be happening on our way home so a viewing party is in the works (actually, just as a reminder that it is happening). I have already been talking to amazing people, so cruise on over (although I believe there are two pages) and check it out! See you on board!