cost of breakfast in Amsterdem

2 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

There  are a couple in Canada  with no FTF or Rogers gives you a rebate to cover it

We got the Home Trust Visa  for next trip

The disadvantage of the Home Trust Visa (and I have one) is that it doesn’t support contactless payments.

There are now 2 other cards in Canada that have no FTF; an expensive Scotiabank card and a new HSBC card. The problem with the Rogers card is that technically the rebate can only be used on Rogers products; I understand if you call they will let you use it as a credit on your bill, but that is really at their discretion. 

10 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

The disadvantage of the Home Trust Visa (and I have one) is that it doesn’t support contactless payments.

That part doesn't bother me ... it is you cannot change your PIN to something you will remember

But  I am sure it will be fine for our needs

17 hours ago, LHT28 said:

That part doesn't bother me ... it is you cannot change your PIN to something you will remember

But  I am sure it will be fine for our needs

I also got the HT Visa for traveling outside the country.  Made a big mistake when I didn't use it prior to traveling so didn't realize the chip didn't work.  Kept thinking I was entering the wrong pin.  Upon return to Canada had HT replace the card and the new one worked fine.  Agree that not being able to change the pin is annoying.

56 minutes ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

I also got the HT Visa for traveling outside the country.  Made a big mistake when I didn't use it prior to traveling so didn't realize the chip didn't work.  Kept thinking I was entering the wrong pin.  Upon return to Canada had HT replace the card and the new one worked fine.  Agree that not being able to change the pin is annoying.

yes  that would be annoying

I tested both our cards  here  😉

• Like 1

On 12/30/2018 at 11:13 PM, gnome12 said:

There are now 2 other cards in Canada that have no FTF; an expensive Scotiabank card and a new HSBC card. The problem with the Rogers card is that technically the rebate can only be used on Rogers products; I understand if you call they will let you use it as a credit on your bill, but that is really at their discretion. 

I did see these cards when I was looking. The Rogers one sounded good until I really looked at it. 

On 12/31/2018 at 5:26 PM, Barwick Cruiser said:

good to know