Allure "Chartered" ?????????

brentconn

We were supposed to go on that cruise in February 2019 . The informed us last spring that we wouldn't be able to make it because the ship was chartered. So they offered is the same itinerary leaving instead on Feb. 17th with an additional $200 OBC.

I didn't book any flights at that time, pretty happy about it !

So all good for us.

1 hour ago, Thechamp555 said:

We were supposed to go on that cruise in February 2019 . The informed us last spring that we wouldn't be able to make it because the ship was chartered. So they offered is the same itinerary leaving instead on Feb. 17th with an additional $200 OBC.

I didn't book any flights at that time, pretty happy about it !

So all good for us.

This is what I am hoping for.  They ought to offer OBC to make up for Breaking our contract.  I gave them $2000 ($1000 deposit for each of our B2B cruises - unrefundable) and they give me a cruise contract.

This is further complicated because we booked the same cabin (2-Bedroom GS) for two cruises and with another couple.  This screws all that up.

Am STILL waiting to hear from RCI.

37 minutes ago, DHADEN said:

This is what I am hoping for.  They ought to offer OBC to make up for Breaking our contract.  I gave them $2000 ($1000 deposit for each of our B2B cruises - unrefundable) and they give me a cruise contract.

This is further complicated because we booked the same cabin (2-Bedroom GS) for two cruises and with another couple.  This screws all that up.

Am STILL waiting to hear from RCI.

Call them.  If letters have gone out to some and you call them you will get the same offer as everyone else.  For a suite it will be $400OBC.

28 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Call them.  If letters have gone out to some and you call them you will get the same offer as everyone else.  For a suite it will be $400OBC.

And there's a time limit for changing the booking. Usually two weeks from their notification

• Like 1

On 12/28/2018 at 2:25 PM, bandjwayne said:

We had this happen to our Allure Feb 2019 cruise & weren't told until ~9-10 months out if I remember correctly...some flights were already out.  No alternative options were comparable & we were locked into those specific dates due to work schedules.  In the end we switched to Harmony & it's costing us more money, although the ship is better.  I just wished they would have given us the same price that the Harmony was when we first booked the Allure:(. I'm glad you came out ahead!

What was the sail date for your Feb 2019 cruise.  We are on Allure Feb 10.  Wondering if charter is before or after our cruise.

On 1/1/2019 at 11:27 AM, Thorben-Hendrik said:

They do not cancel European cruises.... it would cost the WAY to much as these passengers are protected! 👍

The only cruise I've had cancelled for a charter was a Western Med cruise sailing in and out of Barcelona.

Edited by xxHadleyxx

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Is this an adults only swinger's cruise? Could be interesting

Looking at the link, it is a biblical marriage retreat.

A slight difference.

Or maybe not. 😄

• Haha 1