Question about ultimate drinking package

Birdy9003

Apologies if this has been answered prior.  Looking to book a cruise on Norwegian Epic this summer and included is an ultimate drink package and all tipping service charges and taxes.  I have read that they charge a 20 percent gratuity per drink.  Would that be covered with the package or is that a separate charge? I know that they charge a 20 percent tax when you buy the package just curious how this works.  Is the tipping then covered for the trip? Thanks 

If you get the beverage package promotion with your booking, the gratuity is automatically included and is listed on your cruise invoice as "BevSrvCharge".  If you pay for the beverage package, the gratuity is figured into the overall total that is .  It works out to about $120/day per person, total for beverage package and the gratuity.

Hope that helps.

22 minutes ago, Birdy9003 said:

Appreciate it.  Wasnt sure if the 20 percent was a flat fee you pay every day you have the package or if it is everytime you get a drink.  Looking forward to my first ever cruise this summer on epic.  

You pay a 20% gratuity when you get the package (at time of booking if you are getting the free drink package). 

All drinks under $15 are free on the ship.

If you exceed $15, you pay the amount over $15 + 20% gratuity on the difference.  

Enjoy the Epic. We have sailed on her 6 times and love the ship. 

On 12/31/2018 at 7:07 PM, Birdy9003 said:

I've heard no bottled water energy drinks or special coffees.  I looked at the prices for bottled water and I will not pay 35 bucks for 12 bottles.  I am sure others have great tips on what to do.

Option One

On 12/31/2018 at 7:17 PM, sailandcruise said:

Bring your own water bottle.

Option Two

On 12/31/2018 at 7:57 PM, Hmdecor said:

But you can get a glass of water from any Bar.

Option Three.    Sail on Carnival and buy Cheers, it includes all of the bottled still and sparkling water that you would like and all espresso based coffee drinks as well.

On 1/2/2019 at 8:41 AM, SNJCruisers said:

Option One

Option Two

Option Three.    Sail on Carnival and buy Cheers, it includes all of the bottled still and sparkling water that you would like and all espresso based coffee drinks as well.

Or move to Europe , as the ubp includes water and coffee , although we probably pay more for it !

I've heard no bottled water energy drinks or special coffees.  I looked at the prices for bottled water and I will not pay 35 bucks for 12 bottles.  I am sure others have great tips on what to do.

I'm just curious if you have priced 12 1 liter bottles at home. The $35 works out to about $2.99 per bottle. Around here 1 liter bottles go for about $2.79  in the convenience stores. It looks so bad because you have to buy it a at once.

Edited by zqvol
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Frogger22 said:

How does Wine work on the UDP?

Thanks!

Wine by the glass is available... Not bottles... 20 percent discount applied if you do purchase a bottle.

Edited by cliffd64

10 minutes ago, Frogger22 said:

How does Wine work on the UDP?

Thanks!

You order a glass under $15 and drink it.  Or order a glass that costs more and pay the difference plus the grats..and drink it.  

Edited by PTC DAWG

4 hours ago, zqvol said:

The $35 works out to about $2.99 per bottle. Around here 1 liter bottles go for about $2.79  in the convenience stores. It looks so bad because you have to buy it a at once.

The NCL price is actually $33.54 after the 20% which works out to $2.80 ($2.795) per bottle. The convenience store doesn't take OBC so NCL's price is better. :classic_biggrin:

I am bringing a few empty water bottles, so I can keep them in the fridge to take to the beach. The water is good on the ship, so you can fill them up, using a cup so you don't let your water bottle touch the water spicket

Edited by cathi007