Balcony Vs Suite

Kevin308

Well it seems I got lucky when I found a grand Scenic ocean view room two years ago.  So no were to go but up.  So I am looking at a Balcony  or maybe a suite.  Looking for the differences in the two.  Is the Suite worth it?  The tub sounds Nice but don't know if that is worth the extra cost alone.

I have a had quite a few balconies on Carnival, but only one suite. The suite was nice because of the tub, I didn't use it personally but the option was nice. There were also double sinks in the bathroom if I'm not mistaken. That was great. The larger balcony is nice as well. They give you a lounger like one you would find at the pool out there, one that you can lay on, that is really nice. Those are the only things that really seemed to stand out to me. I have been in all balcony rooms after being in a suite and I have never had a problem. If those few things are worth it to you for the price I would go for it.

• Like 1

Suites are always better than balcony cabins just for the extra space alone. You don't get the suite perks on Carnival that you receive on other lines like HAL Neptune/Pinnacle Suites, like the Neptune Lounge, but the extra space is wonderful. We don't use the tubs for baths in the Carnival suites but showering in the tub is preferable to showering in the small stand up showers anytime.

It depends on the ship class.  If you are looking at junior suites on Fantasy class, there is a little more space but the balconies on the ships that have had balconies added are larger than the junior suite balconies.  On those ships you would have to move to a Grand Suite to get much value.  Unless you are looking at Elation and Paradise with the new junior suites added on deck 14.  EMEM

To me a suite is not worth it. Almost twice the price for dubious things like more space ( how often do you sit around the stateroom) a tub ( no thanks ), extra sink ( don't need )  Having a bigger balcony is nice but there are options on some ships ( spirit class ) where you can get that big balcony for way less than a suite cost. It comes down to a matter of personal preference, which is your own desires.

2 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Give us an idea of what ship you are considering.  EM

Most likely the Glory out of New Orleans if we take the kids.  If is just us  likely Freedom out of Galveston.   We Loved the freedom on our first cruise.   In case you are wondering why two similar ships at two different ports.  Galveston always cost more than New Orleans.   For two people not much of a big deal since I can leave my car at my Aunts down there.  But for 4 people the cost adds up.

Being an "aft rat", I've had Vista Suites on Spirit class which are set up in a different way, with a separate bedroom. Aft wraps on others with more legroom, but no tub. Then certain aft cabins with the extra wide balconies. All of these have had a decent size balcony, if that's your main concern.

Just saying........😺

• Like 1

Well, it's all about relative value to you, of course.  Some folks won't pay for anything more than an interior cabin, because as far as they are concerned there are lots of decks above for fresh air, and the cabin is a place to shower and sleep, nothing more.

For us, we like aft balconies, because we can sit out there in the mornings for coffee while still resembling zombies, and enjoy the sailaway views while getting ready for dinner, and sit out there at night and watch the stars while enjoying that last drink before sleep.  Is it worth it for everyone?  Maybe not.

If suites were a 15% or 20% premium I might try one, but often they are close to double what a balcony costs.  I can't justify that for what they offer.

Now, if I win the lottery, things change...(guess I should buy a ticket every now and then, though).

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 9:25 AM, Kevin308 said:

I would use the tub have knee and back issues sometimes.  So I like the ideal of soaking.  Anyone have a good picture of the tub  to help me get a ideal of what size it is.  

Do not have a picture and did not use it...………….but looked to be a standard size tub to me.