Cancelled cruise, 100% loss = no C&A points?

djjoe

17 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Very unusual-you we’re lucky. 

M

Can you point out where people have gotten less than full points?

Other posts in this thread have said (one person 3 times) gotten full points when they left the cruise early.

Dunno.  Maybe if you do over half the nights or something, you get full credit.

57 minutes ago, SRF said:

Can you point out where people have gotten less than full points?

Other posts in this thread have said (one person 3 times) gotten full points when they left the cruise early.

Dunno.  Maybe if you do over half the nights or something, you get full credit.

Post 13 was one example.

On 12/31/2018 at 7:25 AM, flacplnj said:

I agree with you partially. The fact, "If you do not sail, you do not get points. Had you chosen to get insurance, you would be out nothing."  That is a fact. " The snarky " but that was your choice." That didn't need to be said, I believe the OP understands this. 

Snarky seems to be the normal for 'some" people on forums in general. CC does have it's fair share of dart shooters. 

Try to have a little compassion for others and not go out of your way to make them feel worse than they probably already do.

Happy New Year

I agree. The lack of empathy in some people around here is amazing. And it isn't because they are having a bad day. For some it is a constant pattern. 

And even more amusing is how some of the snarkiest people around here can't even recognize snark when they read it.

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

To be fair, we have no idea of the real story behind that example.

I Was standing behind her at the Loyalty desk, heard the whole story, had been on that cruise also, know someone was removed after 2 days of the cruise.  Heard the Loyalty desk guy tell her she was getting 4 points.  What could be more real?  Do I need character references?

13 minutes ago, mugtech said:

I Was standing behind her at the Loyalty desk, heard the whole story, had been on that cruise also, know someone was removed after 2 days of the cruise.  Heard the Loyalty desk guy tell her she was getting 4 points.  What could be more real?  Do I need character references?

You don’t know all the details of the removal nor do you know that the person didn’t get full points. Nothing to do with what you heard- I believe what you heard. 

12 hours ago, mugtech said:

As I stated before, there may be a minimum percentage of the cruise you have to take.

In my case, it was more than 1/2, maybe even 2/3 of the cruise.  

Another point, why was the person getting off?  You say "removed" which implies non-voluntary.  So that may play into the points.

But you are the only one stating people do not get the points, while everyone else, who personally got off the ship early, got full points.

Edited by SRF

On 1/1/2019 at 1:18 PM, Iamcruzin said:

To add if you purchased  third party travel insurance during the cancel for any reason period you would only be out the cost of the insurance plan. Do this enough times and you could be a D+ on your first actual sailing.

It’d be a lot more than cost of insurance. Typically CFAR only pays back at 75%. It’d be a little pricey for insurance and 25% of cruise cost to get C/A points.

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Fully cancelled or just shortened?

Fully cancelled. Was the Liberty of the Seas which ended up having to dock in Miami since it was unable to get into the port of Galveston until Thursday after I was supposed to board if I remember right.

• Thanks 1