Is Water safe to drink on Carnival?

gemduncan

I'm assuming there is free water available at the soda dispensers on the ship. I've only been on Disney cruises and they have free unlimited soda and water dispensers on the pool deck. Does Carnival offer the same setup?  If so, is the water safe to drink on the ship? Or should I purchase the bottled water?

7 minutes ago, gemduncan said:

I'm assuming there is free water available at the soda dispensers on the ship. I've only been on Disney cruises and they have free unlimited soda and water dispensers on the pool deck. Does Carnival offer the same setup?  If so, is the water safe to drink on the ship? Or should I purchase the bottled water?

There are free ice tea, water, juice, coffee, hot chocolate and lemonade dispensers, no soda.

• Like 1

Just now, bury me at sea said:

No.

We are not huge soda drinkers (avg 1 per day) and we only drink 1-3 cocktails per day on cruise. I like mixed cocktails and hubby prefers bourbon. How much is soda and liquor drinks? Are we better off buying a beverage package?

2 minutes ago, gemduncan said:

We are not huge soda drinkers (avg 1 per day) and we only drink 1-3 cocktails per day on cruise. I like mixed cocktails and hubby prefers bourbon. How much is soda and liquor drinks? Are we better off buying a beverage package?

If you average one soda a day you are better bring your own or paying for them as you order them.   They have a bottomless bubbles for sodas.   But at one a day it will not pay for it's self.

Same on the aclholic drinks I think you have to drink like 6 drinks a day for it to pay for it's self

3 minutes ago, gemduncan said:

A jigger of bourbon is around 7.50 and a can of soda is 3.00. A case of bottled water is very inexpensive.

3 minutes ago, Kevin308 said:

If you average one soda a day you are better bring your own or paying for them as you order them.   They have a bottomless bubbles for sodas.   But at one a day it will not pay for it's self.

Same on the aclholic drinks I think you have to drink like 6 drinks a day for it to pay for it's self

Thank you!

32 minutes ago, teknoge3k said:

Also, Carnival doesn't have soda dispensers around the ship. There are tea/lemonade/water machines around though. For soda, you get a warm can of Coke products poured over ice from a bartender. 

The ice that is made from the ships water, which is perfectly safe to drink.

Soda flavors on Carnival are limited to Coke products. If you enjoy Mountain Dew or Pepsi you will need to hand carry aboard (it cannot be in luggage.) It must be in cans of 12 ounces or less, no plastic bottles. 

A&W Root Beer poured over the complementary soft serve ice cream is wonderful. You must, however, carry your own A&W onboard.

There are very strict standards for water aboard the ship. The water comes from municipal sources at piers that under goes additional testing to assure its purity, or many ships have a desalinization plant to make drinking water from sea water. the same strict health protocols are followed there too. You have no worries drinking the ship's water. 

• Like 2