Elite Drink Hour info?

asctony

We have done 3 recent cruises(Star,Golden and Emerald ).  All elite happy hours were in the Vista, not Skywalkers.  The crew said they were moved to Vista because of to many people in Skywalkers.  Well, that solved the problem. We didn’t see many in the Vista and we did not return.  Without Skywalkers, it’s just expensive booze and free food.  Oh wait, you can get that anywhere on the ship.

• Like 2

PES lounge certainly does not seem as crowded as it once was perhaps due to the limited drink offering at a discount.  If I have to pay regular price for a drink, I will go to one of the other bars more to my liking.  The only thing offered in the PES lounge to me is the boiled shrimp which I dearly love.  Other than that they can keep it.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FOXYDEBBY said:

My husband is platinum and I am ruby. Would I get to attend with him or would I be the one standing in the window watching him? Would he be able to bring a drink out to me if I can’t go in?

You will be able to join him. 

On 12/31/2018 at 7:03 PM, Thrak said:

I got the "Mayan Mule" most times. It's like a "Moscow Mule" but made with Tequila. It was pretty tasty but didn't seem real strong. Perhaps that was just my perception and, I must say, they varied from time to time in the same venue. (It was held in Explorer's on our last cruise.) My wife tried ... I can't remember the name ... whatever the "Blue" drink was. OMG. Freaking BAD. I told the server it was terrible and then he (and also the bartender) said that they thought it "tasted like mouthwash". That was actually a pretty "nice" interpretation of what the drink tasted like. Please... Don't order the "blue" whatever. Like I said above, the "Mayan Mule" wasn't bad at all. I had it several times. (We didn't attend the Plat/Elite thing all the time.)

I drank the Deep Blue Sea drink several nights on the Crown in Oct and it tasted great. Not remotely close to mouthwash. LOL

However, we had some of the new drinks onboard the Royal last April and they tasted awful. I believe I had the blue drink then, and it was kind of like medicine, now that I think about it.  😮

The picture is from our last cruise and the

drinks really were very good. 

A23845ED-C9F3-4659-A6CB-6425D9550299.jpeg

On 1/1/2019 at 9:24 AM, cherylandtk said:

LOL, that ‘blue’ drink is the Deep Sea Martini, made with vodka, curacao, pineapple juice. I suppose it must appeal to some, I know one of our traveling companions orders it nearly every night.

Yep, I like it. 😂 

Update: I need to correct myself.  Last April it was the Tito’s mint drink that we hated, and I hadn’t tried the blue drink until this past Oct on the Crown. Our lounge was at Skywalkers and it was crowded every night.   

On the Regal/Royal we’ve only seen it held in Club 6.  

Oh, I hated the drink with the strawberries, too.., the Cherry Blossom. 

We went to the Elite lounge 4-5 times during our cruise on the CB last week.  The drink special was $6.50, but did not notice what was offered.  The snacks were chips and salsa, cheese and crackers, cheese straws and some vegetables some evenings and cocktail shrimp on two nights.  The location for this cruise was Skywalkers from 5-7 every night except the second formal night when it was closed.  The nights we went, I would say there were maybe 50-75 people in the lounge? This cruise did not have a lot of Elite or Platinum passengers.  During the Captains reception, Ruby members were invited which the Captains Circle Host (Olga) told us they don't usually invite.  There were over 1000 blue card holders on this cruise which she said was unusual. 

This week for the 14 day cruise, the Elite and Plantinum members will be double and the lounge location may be changed to Club Fusion.    

On 1/13/2019 at 9:00 AM, FOXYDEBBY said:

My husband is platinum and I am ruby. Would I get to attend with him or would I be the one standing in the window watching him? Would he be able to bring a drink out to me if I can’t go in?

If he puts the drinks on his cruise card, no one will know you are Ruby unless you whip out your card to pay!

Penny

On 1/14/2019 at 8:06 AM, LawDog61 said:

We go if it’s in Skywalkers, but not if it’s in fusion.  It’s about having a drink in a great place for us.

They opened all the curtains in Fusion and many people were at tables by the windows, just closer to the water than Skywalkers

Penny

Thanks all ...for reminding me of one of those areas where Princess falls short...just as I am about to book not one, but two upcoming Princess cruises...

I just (2 weeks ago) got off a 14 night Asia cruise on Celebrity...(I am also Elite Plus on Celebrity and Diamond on Royal Caribbean)...On those cruise lines, they are FAR MORE GENEROUS to their Elite/Diamond cruisers...Each has a lounge with FREE drinks...and a pretty wide selection...5:00-7:00 pm on Celebrity, 5:00-8:30 pm on Royal Caribbean...

On our just concluded Celebrity cruise, despite also having the "drinks package", we attended every night--because the service in that lounge is SO good...and some pretty good appetizers kept coming at a fairly constant rate (the servers bring them to everyone on trays)...Drinks are refilled almost continuously--by day three of the cruise, I didn't even have to order them--they were waiting for me as I arrived at the Lounge each night...

As a contrast, what I remember from each Princess cruise is heading up to a very sparsely attended event in Skywalkers...and having to pay for those limited drink "specials"...and the nightly appetizers?  My lasting memory is the Guacamole--which was an unsightly BROWN color when we got there!

I will again be back on Princess in April...and then again June of 2020...but this one little thing is making it a hard sell.  We are talking to my sister and Brother in Law about going with us on the June 2020 Japan cruise...and my sister's first comment was "Can't we go on Celebrity instead?  I like the free drinking hour"...I told her "We can pay for a few drinks"...But someone at Princess should really start understanding that they are behind the curve on this one...

Edited by Bruin Steve