Beware RCCL

14 hours ago, Teacher42 said:

Gentlemen and Gentlewomen of the jury, we rest our case.

This is a court of law and you think you are winning your case?  After reading all the posts in the thread, I am still not sure what the point was?🤡

Drama.... gotta love CC.

jc

Edited by xpcdoojk

1 hour ago, wytygr8 said:

On the other hand, post 4 wasn’t just snarky but hostile, and that’s going to contribute to the overall tone of the thread. People seldom process posts in isolation.

It wasn't "hostile," I'd say unsympathetic.  BUT, that's why I skipped it in my reference as well as not referencing Teacher42's answer in post 10.  One post doesn't "contribute to the overall tone," but Teacher's sarcastic response to reasonable posts certainly does.  My only point is that Teacher seems to want a lot of sympathy, and if not getting it, gets angry and upset and indignant.  Teacher set the tone for this thread. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, papaflamingo said:

It wasn't "hostile," I'd say unsympathetic.  BUT, that's why I skipped it in my reference as well as not referencing Teacher42's answer in post 10.  One post doesn't "contribute to the overall tone," but Teacher's sarcastic response to reasonable posts certainly does.  My only point is that Teacher seems to want a lot of sympathy, and if not getting it, gets angry and upset and indignant.  Teacher set the tone for this thread. 

I agree that Teacher set the tone, but post 4 exacerbated it.

8 minutes ago, papaflamingo said:

This thread can't be for real.  It just can't.  

7 minutes ago, wytygr8 said:

I agree that Teacher set the tone, but post 4 exacerbated it.

Yes, that and people’s desires to be snowflakes when they post on the internet.  Never going to work out any other way than the way it did on this thread.  I get sick of the constant scolding by people who pretend to offended by just about everything.  That and the constant need for everyone to “understand” and only “sympathize” with the OP (not specific to this OP).

Like I said, so much drama.

jc

• Haha 1

We booked another cruise while on the Serenade in October. The guy didn't even mention to us that it was the non-refundable rate. I always book the refundable rate so I knew to ask which one it was. I think the non-refundable rate came with a 100.00 obc. To me I would rather loose the obc and book refundable in case I want to change anything. I asked him why I wasn't being told about having a choice between the two and he just kind of shrugged his shoulders. I wonder if RC tells them to only mention the non-refundable rate. They must make a lot of money from people who need to change things.

Well Holland goes ever further. They change the booking number and apply any new rules.

Suddenly my refundable became a non refundable.

This is why I like NCL od DCL. They treat ya right.

BTW stop flaming anyone who just want to remind and help others.

My HAL rep did not tell me on the phone when I changed a trip that I would lose my refundable.

They were rather sneaky. HAL created a new booking number. Some do not.

7 hours ago, papaflamingo said:

And your problem with it is.....?????   

She rested her case (twice) but it keeps getting back up. 

Despite the hand wrenching there’s no snark or flaming here, There is some tough love. There’s a difference ..

I am trying to figure out why it seems so many people fail to actually research orread the terms and conditions about some purchase as large as a cruise???  Or at least the FAQ pages on the web site.

Do they do the same for purchasing cars and houses?

12 minutes ago, SRF said:

I am trying to figure out why it seems so many people fail to actually research orread the terms and conditions about some purchase as large as a cruise???  Or at least the FAQ pages on the web site.

Do they do the same for purchasing cars and houses?

The first cruise I ever took I read the cruise contract and my first thought was.... why the hell would anyone ever agree to this? Then I figured I just have to deal with it if I want to try cruising.

I do realize that is a bit different situation than the subject at hand. Personally, I'm not sure I would ever book on board, and make such a commitment, when there are other things I rather be doing on the ship. I would be distracted. But I tend to be someone that needs to take time to think things out for a while before I commit substantial amounts of money to anything.

33 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

The first cruise I ever took I read the cruise contract and my first thought was.... why the hell would anyone ever agree to this? Then I figured I just have to deal with it if I want to try cruising.

I do realize that is a bit different situation than the subject at hand. Personally, I'm not sure I would ever book on board, and make such a commitment, when there are other things I rather be doing on the ship. I would be distracted. But I tend to be someone that needs to take time to think things out for a while before I commit substantial amounts of money to anything.

I wish I was! LOL

18 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

And I am not talking about reading it word for word and parsing it.  Just reading to get an idea of what you are agreeing to.

We booked on board.  A sea day, just chilling.  So asked to see what we could get.  Same cruise, next year, same GS.  Ok, fine, that will work, and booked it.

On 1/5/2019 at 12:05 PM, Ocean Boy said:

Dear All, From reading the letter sent to all the passengers RCI/RCCL has 'stepped up to the plate' and is doing the right thing by its passengers.  I take back everything negative I assumed of this cruise line, in their prior treatment of me in regard to booking penalties. They deserve kudos for their monetary reimbursement of their passengers. The decision to return early to give them time to sanitize the ship is also very commendable, giving future passengers the confidence to sail with them. Concerning the now Oasis sailing hit with Noro virus.

Edited by Teacher42
  • Thanks 1

Just read through this thread. First of all, Thank You to the OP for providing the information. I have been cruising since 1995, but that's not all I do, so reminders of ever-changing rules and regulations are appreciated. In no way did the original post impressed me as accusatory or pity seaking,  but rather matter of fact informative post. However, the responses that immediately followed are atrocious. They are condescending, insulting, accusatory and mostly useless. The OP didn't ask a question, didn't ask for any advice and out of nowhere such a wave of blame, accusations, assumptions. I understand how incredulous OP must feel, so it's absolutely normal that OP would respond in defensive manner. Again would like to thank OP for posting this reminder as we are cruising in a week's time and will be aware of the trap.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1