The folding camping chair

Narcussist

Hello all and sorry if this has been discussed. I did try to search and not sure if my phone is acting up, or it wasn't mentioned. 

Are we able to bring those folding camp chairs that are bagged. Like the ones you get from Dick's or Walmart? We have one that has the canopy built in, and would like to bring, in case all the clamshell's or umbrellas are rented out. 

https://m.dickssportinggoods.com/p/quik-shade-us-flag-adjustable-canopy-folding-chair-16qshudjstblcnpyfodrx/16qshudjstblcnpyfodrx

Thank you in advanced.

Sorry, but i would never bring a folding chair on a ship. Why would you want to carry that extra piece of furniture? Then you want to carry it to the beach?  I'm sure they would let you bring it on somehow. Just seems like over kill to me. Good luck!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Narcussist said:

Hello all and sorry if this has been discussed. I did try to search and not sure if my phone is acting up, or it wasn't mentioned. 

Are we able to bring those folding camp chairs that are bagged. Like the ones you get from Dick's or Walmart? We have one that has the canopy built in, and would like to bring, in case all the clamshell's or umbrellas are rented out. 

https://m.dickssportinggoods.com/p/quik-shade-us-flag-adjustable-canopy-folding-chair-16qshudjstblcnpyfodrx/16qshudjstblcnpyfodrx

Thank you in advanced.

Yes, you could bring one for use at a beach, but it may be a waste of time. You didn't mention your itinerary, or which beach or beaches you'll be going to. Have you checked to see if yours will be the only cruise ship at a particular port? If possible, try to be among the first to debark so that you can get to the beach quickly to rent a beach umbrella. Clamshells are okay as a last resort, but they typically don't have any side vents to allow air to pass through, and can get hot and stuffy very quickly.  And, depending on the beach, there's always a possibility that you can find a shady spot under a tree. 

Last cruise, we brought a small fold up camping chair with us.  Although, our reason is different.  We brought one along for our cabin.  We booked an interior and since there is no couch or table, and there is only one chair in the room, we just needed another chair to sit in, besides sitting on the bed all the time.  It worked out great!  And when we ordered room service, we didn't have to sit on the bed to eat.

7 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

The decks of the ships would look like a shanty town or a campsite if they allowed this. 

As stated, Carnival does allow you to bring it on board for port-use only.

Frankly, it seems like a big PITA to lug on board and then to the beach, and I'd rather plonk myself down on the sand anyway, but I suppose if you really want it, you can bring it - just don't use it while on board.  (Or be like carib1, and use it only in your cabin as a secondary chair as needed...)

What may like a PITA to some is a requirement to others.  Before my back surgery I could not sit on a chair on the deck or in one of the loungers.  So my options would be not to cruise.  As well as having severe sensitivity to the sun (Lupus) having a chair with an cover could allow someone to still go on a cruise and go to the beach with their family.  There are some people who choose to take extra steps to still live the life they want, rather than not being able to enjoy life.   These are my 2 cents as someone with disabilities.  

• Like 4

We've taken our Tommy Bahamas beach umbrella with us and used it on HMC. It will definitely travel with us when we next visit HMC. It's very lightweight with a carrying case (with a shoulder strap) so not too much of a pain to take with us. You can buy on Amazon but we bought ours at Costco and it was pretty cheap.

The answer is yes. You can bring it on the ship, through the airport or in your car. I take my camp chair which is the size of a golf club bag when folded on every cruise. I use it on the balcony. Never had any issues with any cruise line we’ve been on. In the airport it’s considered oversized but this is bigger than your standard chair at Walmart.