Hotel in Miami

Thechamp555

58 minutes ago, Thechamp555 said:

I'm looking for an affordable hotel in Miami  that offers shuttle for port and airport.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks 

You may want to use the CC "search" feature since this question has been asked and answered a thousand times already.

If I am seeing you other posts correctly you are embarking in Miami on February 17. That is a holiday weekend and one of, if not the, busiest of the year in Miami. You are staring your search very, very late. Do you have a budget in mind? Even the most marginal hotels with airport shuttles (such as Red Roof Inn) will be $150-200/night. Anything decent such as the cluster of Marriott brands just south of the airport entrance are running $250+ that weekend. They do have free airport shuttle and can hook you up with a port shuttle for a fee. 

"Free" isn't free. In the hopes of finding one, you may end up spending $100 more on your hotel stay. I think it's better to look at it as a whole what you are looking for, and compare your bottom-line price. 

I got a fantastic price at the Intercontinental on my last Miami stay. It was a beautiful location and the ride to the port was only $7 through Uber pool.

5 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

"Free" isn't free. In the hopes of finding one, you may end up spending $100 more on your hotel stay. I think it's better to look at it as a whole what you are looking for, and compare your bottom-line price. 

I got a fantastic price at the Intercontinental on my last Miami stay. It was a beautiful location and the ride to the port was only $7 through Uber pool.

Plus 1.

The Intercontinental is the perfect pre/post cruise hotel in Miami (and in many other port cities around the world). 

7 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Plus 1.

The Intercontinental is the perfect pre/post cruise hotel in Miami (and in many other port cities around the world). 

Interesting..... what do people consider a decent nightly rate at the Miami Intercontinental?

just askin'....for future reference...thanks

40 minutes ago, jargey3000 said:

Interesting..... what do people consider a decent nightly rate at the Miami Intercontinental?

just askin'....for future reference...thanks

This past November, we paid about $175+tax/night for a harbor view queen at the IC Miami. Of course, if you pick the "wrong" dates, that same room could easily top $400/night.

BTW,  just happened to spend a night in our local SF Intercontinental in early December. It was $185+tax. However, looked at booking the same type room for a late January 2019 SF event and it would be $500/night.

We find the same situation at SFO before a trip.The same good hotel can vary in price by hundreds a night. 

Whether it's Intercontinental (or Marriott, etc.), we always book at least one refundable pre-cruise hotel as soon as we deposit a cruise and then check prices regularly for a drop and rebook.

Edited by Flatbush Flyer