Question about Luminae menus and Magic Carpet dinners on the edge

joeinsb

To celebrate our 50th anniversary, my wife and I are treating ourselves to back-to-back seven-day cruises in asky suite on Edge in March. One cruise does the eastern Caribbean, and the other the western route, so they are different cruises. I have read that Luminae rotates its menus every 14 days, but I would like to know if the restaurant will have the same seven-day series of menus on both of our cruises. We are trying to decide on which days we might want to try one of the specialty restaurants.

Also, we wanted to try the special dinner on the edge on one evening on one of our two cruises. I have heard that dinner is offered only once on each cruise. Does anyone know which evening features that special dinner? I cannot find any info on the Celebrity web site or app on how to make reservations in advance for that dinner. Must reservations be made on board? Thanks for any information you all can share.

Since they are two different cruises, the menus should repeat; i.e. just be 7 nights worth of different menus, not 14.  I do not believe there is yet a way to book Dinner on the Edge in advance. I would try talking to someone from specialty dining right after you board to try and take care of it then before it potentially books up. 

5 hours ago, joeinsb said:

To celebrate our 50th anniversary, my wife and I are treating ourselves to back-to-back seven-day cruises in asky suite on Edge in March. One cruise does the eastern Caribbean, and the other the western route, so they are different cruises. I have read that Luminae rotates its menus every 14 days, but I would like to know if the restaurant will have the same seven-day series of menus on both of our cruises. We are trying to decide on which days we might want to try one of the specialty restaurants.

Also, we wanted to try the special dinner on the edge on one evening on one of our two cruises. I have heard that dinner is offered only once on each cruise. Does anyone know which evening features that special dinner? I cannot find any info on the Celebrity web site or app on how to make reservations in advance for that dinner. Must reservations be made on board? Thanks for any information you all can share.

Dinner on the Edge is totally dependent upon the weather, so they can't plan much ahead. They told me that it is a safety issue because of the wind. You should board as early as possible and get your name on the list as soon as you board (I would go immediately to the Retreat Lounge and ask the concierge to put you on the list). You will need to flexible with the date. We were able to do a dinner one night on the Magic Carpet when it was on 5 and were notified the day before that it was available. Good luck!

The order of the Luminae menus is at the discretion of the chef, but likely it will be as Gonzo said and repeat every 7 days (but who knows, if there are a lot of B2B cruisers in Luminae, maybe they will change it up). You can ask to see the order of the menus for those cruises - The Retreat concierges might be able to get that for you or the Luminae hostess.

Happy Anniversary! What a great way to celebrate! 🙂

In talking with Luminae Chefs and Managers, if it is likely they will have B2B (east west Caribbean for example) thet will try to rotate the full 14 days, but depending on different food availability, there may be some repeats.  I do not know what Edge does.

Has anyone actually been able to obtain the menus for each night in Luminae yet? I've had the issue of being stuck with options I didn't want In the MDR, when I would have done specialty that night instead. The problem with waiting until you get on board is the lack of reservations for specialties available because of the demand to try the new spots on Edge. It will be easier in the future. I've seen some of the menus, but nobody that has said, "We did this cruise, here was our menu the first night..." and so on.

Anyone have a resource yet? Open to trying BLU as well, dependent on availability since some of what I have seen in Luminae is not my cup of tea.

3 hours ago, bigbenboys said:

On my Celebrity app I can see the menus for the 1st 3 days. Under Main Dining, they list Luminae at The Retreat.

Don't be sure those will be the menus for your days 1 through 3 – the chef gets to decide (based on what provisions are in store, or something...)