“LIVE FROM” 2019 Oceania Insignia World Cruise, Jan. 11-July 11

Go-Bucks!

22 hours ago, Kauai Swimmer said:

Aloha, Lisa:

Jerry and I will be joining the Insignia in Singapore and disembarking in London.  I've been doing a lot of research for every port but now need help.  I really like the excursion below but need 12 more people to join us.  I posted it on another board where I read a suggestion to post it on the ATW19 board.  Of course, I'd love it if you and Connie would either help me find fellow passengers to join us and/or join us yourselves.

Thank you VERY much for whatever help you may be and be sure to say hi to Jennifer Faust for us.  We can't wait to see her again....and Victor of course!

Hi Bonnie,

Look forward to meeting you at the Meet & Greet after you embark in Singapore.  Connie and I already have a tour in that port so can't join you. I suggest that in addition to posting your request here, voice your need at the Meet & Greet. 

Unfortunately I don't know those people you listed (crew?).

The Captain just confirmed what was already obvious from our change in direction...due to sea and wind conditions, we are unable to safely tender into Cooktown, so will spend an extra day at sea, and head to Darwin.   

The plus side, is we will pass the scenic strait in daylight, and Glenn, our reef pilot will give us commentary in the Horizon...

on ATW16 we missed Cooktown as well but I think it was because of demonstrations by locals dealing with ecological matters and they were rallying at the port.  I was bummed but understood.

If Victor is now or will be your GM and Jennifer is your ambassador you are in great hands.  Please treat them both gently so they will come back for ATW20.  They were wonderful to travel with ATW16. 

58 minutes ago, cbb said:

on ATW16 we missed Cooktown as well but I think it was because of demonstrations by locals dealing with ecological matters and they were rallying at the port.  I was bummed but understood.

If Victor is now or will be your GM and Jennifer is your ambassador you are in great hands.  Please treat them both gently so they will come back for ATW20.  They were wonderful to travel with ATW16. 

Jennifer has replaced  Carol, but Damien is still with us.

You'll also get a new Captain, GM, Chef, and CD at some point in your cruise.  But it is all ok....they're all pretty much wonderful! 

We sailed out of Miami with  our beloved Capt Flokos, he left us as his contract required him to at one point, but we all pretty much begged and pleaded with him to return--it wasn't pretty, but he did return!  GM Victor did the same and Jennifer was with us the whole way!  Farid, the Chef began with us, had to leave, then returned.  CD switched in late Feb and Ray stayed with us to the end. 

We all are still in contact with each other on social media!

7 hours ago, Kauai Swimmer said:

Aloha, Lisa:

Jerry and I will be joining the Insignia in Singapore and disembarking in London.  I've been doing a lot of research for every port but now need help.  I really like the excursion below but need 12 more people to join us.  I posted it on another board where I read a suggestion to post it on the ATW19 board.  Of course, I'd love it if you and Connie would either help me find fellow passengers to join us and/or join us yourselves.

Thank you VERY much for whatever help you may be and be sure to say hi to Jennifer Faust for us.  We can't wait to see her again....and Victor of course!

Mahalo and Aloha,

Bonnie Stowe

Kauai, HI

Please let me know if you'd be interested in joining my husband and me on this tour:

TUESDAY MAY 28 2019( TOUR 1 )
Limassol Highlights and Paphos UNESCO Tour.
Price: 36 Euros per Person.
Duration: 8:15 am until 3:00 pm.

Inspiration video: http://youtu.be/7itmTgsoa_U

- Payment at the end of the Tour
- Including all places with air conditioned bus or minivan
- Pick up services from the Port and return
- Licenced English Speaking Guide
- Mineral Water during the Tour
- Including Entrance fees in Archaelogical Places
- Kolossi Castle ( Foto stop )
- Kourion Archaeological site
- Petra tou Romiou - Aphrodite's Beach Birth Place Rock 
- Paphos UNESCO Tour ( European Capital of Culture 2017 )
- Santa Solomoni Catacomb 
- Ayia Kyriaki church and Saint Paul Pillar
- Paphos UNESCO Archaeological Park, House of Dionysos Mosaics
- Free time in old Harbor and Medieval Castle (restaurants, souvenir shops, cafeterias)
- Return to ship

Our guides are licensed by the Ministry of Tourism, speak fluent English, and have excellent experience with cruisers.

NOTE: Minimum Number of Passengers 14

For your comfort we never put together too many persons. Mostly we use buses with seats for 10, 14, 22, 25 passengers.

If you like this, please write to my gmail account:  kauaicruiser.

Thank you very much!

Bonnie

Edited by slblalock
Already have a tour

19 hours ago, cbb said:

You'll also get a new Captain, GM, Chef, and CD at some point in your cruise.  But it is all ok....they're all pretty much wonderful! 

I don't care (nor do I ever know) who the crew or staff is...we're treated/pampered so well that it makes no difference who they are. All are great and I'm happy!  👍  😍

Edited by Go-Bucks!
  • Like 1

On 3/9/2019 at 4:53 PM, cbb said:

We sailed out of Miami with  our beloved Capt Flokos, he left us as his contract required him to at one point, but we all pretty much begged and pleaded with him to return--it wasn't pretty, but he did return!  GM Victor did the same and Jennifer was with us the whole way!  Farid, the Chef began with us, had to leave, then returned.  CD switched in late Feb and Ray stayed with us to the end. 

We all are still in contact with each other on social media!

Ray Carr comes on as CD in Singapore.

Another adventurous "first" for me....ate kangaroo meat at the Terrace Cafe Australian market dinner!!  Was tender and the taste was similar to steak. I did draw the line on crocodile though. Buffet was beautiful!

20190311_182544.jpg

20190311_172040.jpg

20190311_181637.jpg

20190311_181751.jpg

20190311_181744.jpg

20190311_181739.jpg

20190311_181809.jpg

20190311_181802.jpg

20190311_181654.jpg

20190311_181659.jpg

20190311_181703.jpg

Edited by Go-Bucks!

damicom-

Many of the Worldies of '16 remain in contact with each other on "that" social media forum, including the Capt,  GM, both CDs and many of the staff and crew.  Ray Carr had told us he would be joining ATW19 and the '16 worldies on board now were delighted to hear that.

Trivia with Ray:  know your collective nouns of animals, reptiles, birds like  hippopotamus=bloat or crash.  Ray is also  passionate about rock music so expect lots of those.  He's a lot of fun so have a great time at trivia!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cbb said:

damicom-

Many of the Worldies of '16 remain in contact with each other on "that" social media forum, including the Capt,  GM, both CDs and many of the staff and crew.  Ray Carr had told us he would be joining ATW19 and the '16 worldies on board now were delighted to hear that.

Trivia with Ray:  know your collective nouns of animals, reptiles, birds like  hippopotamus=bloat or crash.  Ray is also  passionate about rock music so expect lots of those.  He's a lot of fun so have a great time at trivia!

My husband loves Ray Carr (as do I) and yes, Ray's certainly a big music fan.  My husband told him about a friend's vinyl store in one of the ports he would be visiting last year.  A month or two later, we received a photo from Ray taken at the store with our friend.  Ray bought a bunch of vinyl and had it shipped to his home.

We were disappointed to hear that he will probably be on Insignia or Marina rather than Regatta when we sail later this year.  But hope all the worldies enjoy him.

Edited by IWantToLiveOverTheSea

TOURS BY LOCALS

If anyone is using Tours by Locals for a tour and hasn’t paid yet,  I have a $29 credit available. Cabin 4055

Also we have available a ticket to Komodo Dragons for tomorrow March 13.

if interested contact Barbara at cabin 4055.

23 hours ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Where was the koala-hugging shot taken?  

I'd eat crococile before I'd eat kangeroo, although I'm unlikely to eat either.

I wasn't sure if I could try either of them, but after seeing the meats I decided to go with kangaroo since it looked like steak. The croc was white and shiny which made that decision quickly. I'm guessing that they raise these animals to butcher, not catch in the wild. The first time I tried goat it was a big decision too.

My koala picture was at the RainForeStation Nature Park in Kuranda, Australia. Our ship tour took us there from the port of Cairns. 

When we were in Nairobi in August 1987 we had dinner one night at a restaurant called "The Carnivore".  It was well named.  They brought around huge hunks of various meats on swords and hacked them off.  If you were still hungry you could have more ...  I remember not being able to dine on zebra although I did try something exotic.  Unfortunately my diary doesn't specify.  (It didn't help that I was feeling very unwell that night!)

I might try crocodile, but I could never bring myself to sample the kangaroo any more than I could eat koala ...

Just saw a funny bit in my diary while I was searching out our experience at The Carnivore.  Apparently when arriving in Tanzania we had to convert a required amount of money into their local currency.  We paid together and when we looked at the receipt we saw that it was made out to "Mr. and Mrs. Two Persons".  That's a new one!  Or at least it was at the time....

Mura

24 minutes ago, Go-Bucks! said:

I wasn't sure if I could try either of them, but after seeing the meats I decided to go with kangaroo since it looked like steak. The croc was white and shiny which made that decision quickly. I'm guessing that they raise these animals to butcher, not catch in the wild. The first time I tried goat it was a big decision too.

My koala picture was at the RainForeStation Nature Park in Kuranda, Australia. Our ship tour took us there from the port of Cairns. 

🦘 Kangaroo meat is sold in our local supermarkets and is very high in protein and low in fat. Great source or iron and Omega 3. We eat it regularly. 🐊 Croc is definitely more of an acquired taste. 

• Thanks 1