“LIVE FROM” 2019 Oceania Insignia World Cruise, Jan. 11-July 11

Go-Bucks!

2 hours ago, Paulchili said:

They will not sell it and I doubt that it is available for sale in shops.

Surely some kind soul will give you 20 points - I would if I were there.

Bob beat me to it and it would appear that he IS a kind soul. :classic_biggrin:

You need to be shameless like my husband.  He makes it very clear to anyone he meets while earning Big O points that if the person doesn't want their points toward the end of the cruise (or right then and there!), he will gladly take them off their hands! 

14 hours ago, Go-Bucks! said:

We've revised it a bit...we have to do immigration at 4pm tomorrow

When you say you have to "do immigration," does that mean that Australia is one of those countries which has immigration people come on board to check each person's passport, or do you have to do an immigration check when you leave the ship - or what? 

Greetings Oceania Insignia ATW & SYDNEY Segment Cruisers  —

Just as a tickler here, but I wanted to remind all you onboard Insignia that we will have our Sydney-Tokyo MEET & MINGLE  --  this time on TUESDAY (5 Mar), in Horizons on the starboard (right) side at 10AM.  (FYI, there will be Needlepoint finishing-up on the port (left) side.) 

As usual, this is a no-host event, so please bring your own name tags, so it will be easier to mingle.  This is a GREAT time to coordinate and finalize shared Shore Excursions.  Also, feel free to invite others who might not check CC or get my follow-up eMail.

Attached is the latest iterations of the CC Roll Call, one prioritized by CC UserName and another by ports.

If you have any corrections, comments, or suggestions please contact me at c.ryan.henry@me.com.  

Best Regards  —  Ryan

ATW-19 CC Mbrs - Names (Syd).pdf

ATW-19 CC Mbrs - PORTS (Syd).pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Go-Bucks! said:

Bob,

I would love a table purse hook but have no points...will they sell one to me?  Maybe in the boutique?  Just wondering if you might know.  😉

I had one not from O  but they do not work on a table with tablecloths  on or at least the one I had didn't

just so you know

22 hours ago, LHT28 said:

I had one not from O  but they do not work on a table with tablecloths  on or at least the one I had didn't

just so you know

Not a problem...its for at home. 

Dear sweet Bob got one for me...thx a bunch!!!

23 hours ago, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

When you say you have to "do immigration," does that mean that Australia is one of those countries which has immigration people come on board to check each person's passport, or do you have to do an immigration check when you leave the ship - or what? 

Not sure yet...we're waiting for instructions. They told us what to take with us, but not the procedure. 

Here's my forever-proof that I've been here!

20190303_151432.jpg

• Like 4

On 3/2/2019 at 4:53 PM, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

We did it in the terminal...they scanned our passports but didn't check our In Transit cards or the immigration cards we filled out. Maybe they will tomorrow. Everyone had to get off the ship and do this procedure then could either catch the shuttle for the Kings St. wharf or sit in the terminal and wait for everyone to finish before reboarding.

22 hours ago, palakika said:

Dritan and jimbri...the other blog is patandnormtravel.com 

They give a lot of great info and interesting pics.

Go-Bucks...  your new fish hook necklaces are really cool.  You are acquiring quite a collection of interesting jewelry!!  Would like to meet you too:)

Thanks - I've got it bookmarked with the rest now.

Really appreciate it.

bob brown-

if you have time--take the harbor ferry to Manly.  That way you get this glorious view of the Opera House & Bridge from the back of the ferry on your way to Manly.  Manly beach is gorgeous, have snacks/drink then ferry back.  Awesome way to see Sydney!!!  Ticket office is at Circular Quay. 

10 hours ago, Go-Bucks! said:

We did it in the terminal...they scanned our passports but didn't check our In Transit cards or the immigration cards we filled out. Maybe they will tomorrow. Everyone had to get off the ship and do this procedure then could either catch the shuttle for the Kings St. wharf or sit in the terminal and wait for everyone to finish before reboarding.

Thanks for the info.  It's been a long time since I've cruised to a country that required an immigration procedure like that.  But that's OK.  I'll just keep in the back of my mind that we may have a little less time for sightseeing when we cruise to our first Australian port later this year.   

I’m joining the ship in Tokyo. We’ve been planning to take the train from Kyoto on the morning we board. I want to be sure we get to the ship on time so maybe we’ll just get back to Tokyo the night before. Can anyone tell me where the ship docks and/or suggest a convenient hotel? Thanks.

53 minutes ago, Damicom said:

I’m joining the ship in Tokyo. We’ve been planning to take the train from Kyoto on the morning we board. I want to be sure we get to the ship on time so maybe we’ll just get back to Tokyo the night before. Can anyone tell me where the ship docks and/or suggest a convenient hotel? Thanks.

You certainly could stay in Tokyo overnight if you wish but you surely do not have to. The bullet train from Kyoto to Tokyo takes 3 hrs and they run frequently enough that you should have no problem making it to the ship the same day. Does the ship dock in Tokyo or Yokohama?

Your choice.

2 hours ago, Damicom said:

Here is an option:

https://www.rome2rio.com/map/Kyoto/5-Chome-7-1-Harumi-Chūō-Tokyo-104-0053-Japan

Train journey is 2 hours 16 min (change from bullet train to local in Tokyo) and substitute the last segment by taxi (not walking); or just take a taxi from bullet train station to port avoiding train transfer.

Seems pretty simple.

Had a really busy day in Sydney!

We took a taxi from the ship to the first HOHO bus stop then got off at the opera house where we had a 10:30am guided tour...one of the best tours ever!  Wish I could attend a performance there. Walked to Circular Quay and got on the ferry to the Taronga zoo...the zoo had beautiful vegetation and views (went up in the cable cars) but saw very few animals.  Bummer!  By then it was time to take the ferry back to the King St. wharf and the shuttle to the ship. Wish we had had more time because there was so much to see and do.

Loved seeing the Queen Elizabeth in dock...beautiful ship. Oh, while we were walking on Circular Quay, a seagull (aka "vulture") swooped down on Connie's head and grabbed the pastry she was eating right out of her hand!  Scared us to death!  Mugged by a bird!!!  😂  🦅

Our bridge cam is cool...the P&O Pacific Explorer ship is nose-to-nose with us.

20190304_101722.jpg

20190304_160750.jpg

20190304_115013.jpg

20190304_124945.jpg

20190304_124925.jpg

20190304_130004.jpg

20190304_130436.jpg

20190304_132104.jpg

20190304_131308.jpg

20190304_132639.jpg

20190304_133458.jpg

20190304_133712.jpg

20190304_141717.jpg

20190304_130656.jpg

20190304_114244.jpg

20190304_123326.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Skmar said:

Gotta love that Harbour! 😁👌🏻

The only city in the world that might beat San Francisco if only it weren't in the middle of nowhere :classic_biggrin:

We've been there many times and have 2 more cruises booked visiting Sydney - can't get enough of a good thing like Sydney.

Edited by Paulchili
  • Like 2

World Cruisers, here you are - caught on a Sydney webcam!1519897856_insigniaunderbridgesydworldcruise.thumb.JPG.f9e419127efa1571237c73faca579d97.JPG

Paulchilli, I'll have to see later this year if I like Sydney harbor more than San Francisco's. It was fun to finally cruise out of SF last year after seeing the bridge, Alcatraz, Fort Point, a few lighthouses, etc. that I had seen from land at least a few times before on trips to the city for work.  But cruising gave me a totally different perspective of the northern reaches of the city, and the landscape seemed to go on forever. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Paulchili said:

The only city in the world that might beat San Francisco if only it weren't in the middle of nowhere :classic_biggrin:

We've been there many times and have 2 more cruises booked visiting Sydney - can't get enough of a good thing like Sydney.

I will raise you one city with a nice harbor, great sail away and fascinating sights to visit - Istanbul - but unlikely to return there soon due to the political situation.  Just happy that I spent time there in both 2008 and 2014.

Edited by CintiPam