LA disembarkation transfers

wombat34

Hi,

For those disembarking in LA, does anyone know if Princess provide a transfer service to all airports ( Burbank, Santa Monica etc.), or just to LAX International?

Also, if transferring to LAX international, how long should I allow to clear immigration (as I am a UK passport holder) and for journey time?

Any information would be helpful. Thankyou.

IF you are asking what time to book flights from LAX after your cruise then I wouldn't book anything before 12 noon just to be sure.

What time you get off the ship will depend on whether or not you carry your own luggage or put it out the night before to be taken off by staff.

You clear immigration at the port. There is no outward immigration at USA airports.

I believe there is only transfer service to LAX but there is no need to use that as taxis and uber/lyft cars are plentiful.

The drive to the airport can take 40 min or it can take longer depending on day of the week and traffic.

3 hours ago, wombat34 said:

Hi,

For those disembarking in LA, does anyone know if Princess provide a transfer service to all airports ( Burbank, Santa Monica etc.), or just to LAX International?

Also, if transferring to LAX international, how long should I allow to clear immigration (as I am a UK passport holder) and for journey time?

Any information would be helpful. Thank you.

You should be through immigration in about 30 minutes after disembarkation. It's quicker if you select the early walk off option, around 7am, where you wheel all your own luggage off the ship. This option is not a good one if you have a Princess transfer.

Believe Princess transfers only go to LAX, about 40/45 minutes depending on the traffic which can be slow on the infamous Interstate 405.

With a Princess transfer there are specific guidelines for International and domestic flights. Your flight can not be scheduled to depart before Princess' indicated times. Also, the Princess transfer buses wait until they are filled before they leave. I would either take a taxi, Uber or similar, or one of the group shuttles like Super Shuttle. They are all available and waiting when you disembark. Group Shuttles can be pre-booked.

I always take the Princess transfer to LAX, and it works great.  I always have a flight after 12:30pm.  I see many using Super Shuttle, and they are always right there.  Super Shuttle must be good, too.  I have noticed Super Shuttle as they are often mentioned here on these boards.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Husky61 said:

You can also book a town car for $60 to LAX, or an SUV for $65 one way. They will be waiting for you and you can leave right away.

ontime1.com

Is that just port to lax?  I just booked a lax to port with them and the fare was $125!

ive used the service before and I know it is good but I haven’t received that good of a fare for town car service 😩

Yes, that is port to LAX.  However, I have used them several times and the rate was actually the same from the port to LAX as well as LAX to the ort.

The last time I used them we had an SUV for 6 of us and it was $65 to LAX.  If you go to their website and check on their rates you can see that the rate is $60 and $65.

Maybe the rate has changed, but that is what I have paid.

In fact, a telephone call to them might help.

Good luck.