Cruise Critic Community

I just got and email offering and up grade from and oceanview on deck 2 Of the Valor to a balcony on deck 7 for $160. Is it worth it? This is the first time I was offered one.

I think it's a good deal going from a lower deck ocean view to a higher deck balcony.  I would take the deal.

1 hour ago, starfirelb said:

I just got and email offering and up grade from and oceanview on deck 2 Of the Valor to a balcony on deck 7 for $160. Is it worth it? This is the first time I was offered one.

I would take it in a heartbeat!!!

I'd take that in a heartbeat! I have a family of four, and on our upcoming cruise it would cost us nearly $800 to upgrade to a balcony.

If it is a total of $160 and not pp, then definitely.
Even if it is pp, then I would probably consider it.

Deck 7 isn't too bad and balcony is all we book.

Thanks. We will take it. And it's $160 for both not pp. Can't pass that up. Thanks all.

18 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Yes!!  But make sure the restaurant and galley is not above you.

To the best of the knowledge

Deck 7 is nicely sandwiched between Deck 6 full of cabins

and Deck 8 also full of cabins.

That's why a lot of the suites are on 7! GO for it.

Thanks all. I got the upgrade. Only $166. for both of us. We love balconies. Our last one was on the lido deck on the Dream and our first one was on the Triumph. Had a premium vista. 

This must be something new they are trying. I got an email for an upgrade on my 1/25/20 Breeze trip. $54 total to go from a cove balcony on deck to to a standard balcony on 11.  I took it 🤗

Lol. I just got another upgrade email. This time going from a deck 7 balcony to a deck 10 balcony for $32 for both.

Edited by starfirelb

I would stay on 7. You will feel more motion on 10 and I believe those cabins are more at the front of the ship

What about deck 8? We were on the lido deck on the Dream and it was nice. 

I was called and emailed today with an offer to go from a standard balcony to a Havana premium balcony. Not sure the price yet.  Not sure if the Havana balcony is that much better.  Help?

We just received the offer on the Victory 4 NIght - From an interior to a balcony for $180

I got an email offering an upgrade from my normal deck 8 balcony to a spa balcony on deck 12 for the Sunshine for $40. Better believe I took it!!! I'm pretty sure it was a flat $40, but even per person it's a great deal!

3 hours ago, Llamabear said:

I got an email offering an upgrade from my normal deck 8 balcony to a spa balcony on deck 12 for the Sunshine for $40. Better believe I took it!!! I'm pretty sure it was a flat $40, but even per person it's a great deal!

You will adore the spa balcony on Sunshine. It’s so quiet. The steam rooms are wonderful! Have fun!

4 hours ago, Mommawo said:

Why oh why don’t I get this email!!???i wanna balcony lol

But then, if you're like me, you start thinking...."What about a suite?  It couldn't be that much more..."

And the next thing you know, you're selling your firstborn to the gypsies (for lower than market value, I might add).

Lol!!! Yeah I'm kind of afraid I might get hooked on the spa balcony now, and suites are just a tiny bit more...Carnival has me on the line, and they're reeling me in ya'll!!!😂

I received an email a couple of week's ago.  From balcony to an ocean suite on Conquest for $219 total.  We took it 🙂 

On 1/9/2019 at 5:53 PM, starfirelb said:

If that's the total cost, I would say yes as well.  Good for you!  

How many days prior to your cruises are you receiving these emails please?  I have a cruise in 59 days and would love an email.  

Thanks!