Regent Seven Seas / Oceania, You are spamming our mailbox!

553Makai

Several years ago my wife and I cruised once on Regent Seven Seas Mariner and apparently Regent also provided our mailing address and names to sister line Oceania.  Today, we receive two to four brochures four times a week from Oceania and Regent Seven Seas, more often than not, duplicates.  We are being inundated by these two NCL companies with absolutely wasted marketing materials.  We have contacted Regent and Oceania and asked that they stop sending the brochures, we were told they would try to remove us from the mailing lists, but three years later, we are still getting brochures four days a week which just get tossed, never looked at, because we will never consider a cruise again with Regent or Oceania due to their marketing spam. 

Perhaps with the clout of Cruisecritic and its many readers, someone at Regent Seven Seas/Oceania will get a clue that spamming their potential customers with so much junk mail sends potential guests to their competition.  Below is a sample of what we received today from Regent Seven Seas and Oceania.

JunkMail from Regent Seven Seas and Oceania for one day.jpg

Edited by 553Makai
Grammar

• 553Makai changed the title to Regent Seven Seas / Oceania, You are spamming our mailbox!

Would much rather have the brochures that we can  instantly throw out if we're not interested than email spam.  Yes, all travel companies spend too much on fancy brochures, but it must work for them.  It's called "Free Market." 😏

Edited by 1985rz1

E-mail spam can at least be blocked.  Yes, it is a free market, my wife and I have freely booked upcoming cruises with two other cruise lines over the course of the next year.  Neither Silversea nor Celebrity bombard us with 12 to 20 pieces of junk mail per week.  In fact, since our first cruise on Silversea almost twenty-five years ago, I'll bet we have had no more than one brochure a year from Silversea and that brochure is far nicer than the daily offerings from Regent/Oceania.  

Some of the brochures are sent under the addresses of travel agents. We get duplicates from the different agents we use.

I do wonder what the cost of a lux cruise would be without the constant brochures. And for those of us who subscribe to travel magazines we also have the tear out versions. 

It irks me too.

Many may not notice-

But you have been on Cruise Critic for more than two full years and you have made only two Posts.

Both about getting too many brochures.

I think that says more about you than it does about Oceania or Regent.  

Let's all think about that.....

• Like 2

We also get many brochures from Oceania and Regent since we have sailed previously on Riviera.  In the fall my husband noticed a nice itinerary that fit our schedule and booked it as a birthday treat for me.  So obviously mailing brochures works.  We wouldn’t have known or bothered otherwise.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, EasyGoingGuy said:

I had to do this also and now I can’t even get a brochure out of them.   Seems once you are off the email list you are off for good. 

38 minutes ago, lais said:

I had to do this also and now I can’t even get a brochure out of them.   Seems once you are off the email list you are off for good. 

It’s kind of hard to be on and also off the mailing list at the same time 😄

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, lais said:

I mean off the mailing list. 

EasygoingGuy, Thanks for your post.  I will go to the site and ask to be removed.  The representative for Regent and Oceania apparently did not know how to accomplish that task.  Your comment is really appreciated.  As to those who thought my concern over receiving up to 16 brochures a week from Regent and Oceania was over the top, I wish you well, and happy cruising.

On 1/10/2019 at 8:56 AM, Roccaforte said:

We also get many brochures from Oceania and Regent since we have sailed previously on Riviera.  In the fall my husband noticed a nice itinerary that fit our schedule and booked it as a birthday treat for me.  So obviously mailing brochures works.  We wouldn’t have known or bothered otherwise.

Makes great reading on the john.