How do we communicate with each other on a cruise?

LUV2TRAVELLINDA

All personal opinions aside, I have seen people use the app through the cruise line lately. The walkie talkie idea is a little outdated due to the apps. The walkie talkies are inconsiderate to other people IMHO. I've also seen people use dry erase boards or sticky notes.

Me personally, I use the ship app due to all the other features that come with it. Its no that I have to be on my phone all the time, but more of the use of it. I have the texting to the DW and also the daily fun stuff to happen. I know that other CL apps might be different but I'm sure they all have the texting while on the ship function.  

2 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

To each other???  gasp!!  What a goundbreaking idea!  Do you think it will ever catch on? :classic_blink:

A couple of years ago a group of us was dining in a "fine restaurant" and enjoying a long dinner.  The next table had a lovely looking young couple who spent nearly their entire meal texting.  DW noticed that they did not ever talk to each other and would even stop eating so they could both keep texting.  My thought was that perhaps they were texting each other :).   When on a cruise, DW and I will usually lock our phones in the cabin safe except for a few minutes a day when we will check our e-mails and facetime our Grandson.  In fact, DW does not even carry a purse when on ships, but simply tucks her cruise card into her Kindle case..so she has no place to put a phone.  I can imagine some folks being shocked that we could simply agree to meet at a certain place at a certain time :).  Oh, the horror!

Hank

21 hours ago, Hlitner said:

A couple of years ago a group of us was dining in a "fine restaurant" and enjoying a long dinner.  The next table had a lovely looking young couple who spent nearly their entire meal texting.  DW noticed that they did not ever talk to each other and would even stop eating so they could both keep texting.  My thought was that perhaps they were texting each other :).  

I have a friend that used to text his girlfriend (now wife) while they sat in the same room at home.