Children

Lisab31

51 minutes ago, Lisab31 said:

Booked to go on explorer of seas 5 th November just wondered are there likely to be lots of children not problem I know uk are in term time not sure about other nationalities tia

Royal caters to families. What’s the issue with children?  You were one once. 

Generally, it’s not the children who are issues, it’s the parents. 

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

4 minutes ago, Lisab31 said:

Milwaukee eight, I have no problem with children in the slightest I am a mother my self was just wondering that was all so no need to reply like that , 

spunky946 thank you 

I’m sorry. I guess I misunderstood. I wasn’t aware you needed a headcount so you could bring all the children onboard candy. 

59 minutes ago, mugtech said:

I like to avoid cruises with lots of children simply because they are usually extra passengers, making the ship that much more crowded.

Well since most cruises sail full, it would not be any more or less crowded - just a matter of demographic mix.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lisab31 said:

Milwaukee eight, I have no problem with children in the slightest I am a mother my self was just wondering that was all so no need to reply like that , 

spunky946 thank you 

As others have mentioned, schools are in session in the US during that time frame so the likelihood of there being a significant number of families with children on board any itinerary at that time is low.

3 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Well since most cruises sail full, it would not be any more or less crowded - just a matter of demographic mix.  

Except with children there would be more 3 and  4 person cabins booked increasing the occupancy. 

Sailing full at double occupancy snd sailing full st max occupancy are two different things. On Navigator it’s just over 500 passengers difference.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Actually people are more likely to put 3 or 4 in a cabin if children are involved.  On cruises with 800 children on board there are more total passengers than cruises with 50 children.

9 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Except with children there would be more 3 and  4 person cabins booked increasing the occupancy. 

Sailing full at double occupancy snd sailing full st max occupancy are two different things. On Navigator it’s just over 500 passengers difference.

Ken when I said sailing full I meant when sailing at max occupancy based on total life boat capacity, not just stateroom double occupancy.  But thanks for clarifying.

Ditto mugtech. :classic_smile:

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Haha 1

Lisab

3 hours ago, Lisab31 said:

Booked to go on explorer of seas 5 th November just wondered are there likely to be lots of children not problem I know uk are in term time not sure about other nationalities tia

I am with you on this one, I tend to book my cruises when the kids are in school, I like kids, and mine have cruised with us before, but I also like cruising when things are calmer. November 5 you will have kids who are home schooled, and those too young to be in school, but the majority of American kids are in session at that time. Hope this helps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1