Edge Dining Venues and Menus - Navigating the Choices

vtcruising

39 minutes ago, dodger1964 said:

THANKS for doing such a great summary!

One question...

On the other ships you can order dinner (and lunch i think) from the MDR menu to have delivered to stateroom any night.  Does the Edge follow this method??

Good question. I’ll add it to my list of things to ask next week. 🙂

Marilyn are you planning on documenting your next adventure? I loved following your adventures - and was amazed with your positivity despite your medical misadventures. Celebrity really aught to hire you in some capacity since you have provided us all with much more detailed and helpful info than their website. Your posts lead me to book a reservation more than any of their ads.

Anyways...enough fangirling 😆 Does anyone know if there is a minimum dollar amount for the a la cart Raw on 5? Hubby is excited about the prospect of getting a roll or 2 but he isn’t a large meal eater. He’s more of a small frequent snack kind of person. 

49 minutes ago, Lilikins said:

Marilyn are you planning on documenting your next adventure? I loved following your adventures - and was amazed with your positivity despite your medical misadventures. Celebrity really aught to hire you in some capacity since you have provided us all with much more detailed and helpful info than their website. Your posts lead me to book a reservation more than any of their ads.

Anyways...enough fangirling 😆 Does anyone know if there is a minimum dollar amount for the a la cart Raw on 5? Hubby is excited about the prospect of getting a roll or 2 but he isn’t a large meal eater. He’s more of a small frequent snack kind of person. 

Thanks for the kind words. I don't think I could work for Celebrity - I need to be able call things as I see them and they might not appreciate that! 😉

I will be reporting on my next adventure - hopefully with less drama! It will be good to go back and do all the things I missed and repeat the things loved.

I can't imagine that there is a minimum, but I can ask. I didn't see it anywhere on the menu. I expect that they have people who stop in for a roll or two, especially at lunch. I can't wait to have another shrimp tempura roll!  🙂

I just found out from another thread that the Grand Plaza Cafe (post #12) is now closed.  I wonder if it was underutilized? Cafe al Bacio has similar pastries and desserts all day that are complimentary and Eden Cafe has what looks like even better sandwiches and other lunch items that are complimentary so hopefully won't be missed (though having the coffee and a bite there was likely handy).

9 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I just found out from another thread that the Grand Plaza Cafe (post #12) is now closed.  I wonder if it was underutilized? Cafe al Bacio has similar pastries and desserts all day that are complimentary and Eden Cafe has what looks like even better sandwiches and other lunch items that are complimentary so hopefully won't be missed (though having the coffee and a bite there was likely handy).

What do you think they would make this into then? Another additional fee small venue of some kind? Not that I had high hopes for this, but because it was new I was planning on at least checking it out.

36 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Even though you clearly labeled it, I just assumed these photos were from cafe al bacio. I don’t know what it is about the grand plaza cafe but it seems to be confusing us all! Always sad to see tasty treats disappear but if it was underutilized I’m glad that they are adjusting and trying something different.

34 minutes ago, CruisingTheWaves said:

What do you think they would make this into then? Another additional fee small venue of some kind? Not that I had high hopes for this, but because it was new I was planning on at least checking it out.

Good question. I'll see if I can find out onboard. 🙂

46 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I just wanted to make sure people know that this is just the small kiosk in the corner of the Grand Plaza on 3,  not  Le Grand Bistro on 4, which serves the lovely lunch and dinner is LPC and not Cafe al Bacio on 4, where they have similar pastries and desserts. They are still up and running (at least for now). The names are similar so confusing.  🙂

10 minutes ago, Lilikins said:

Even though you clearly labeled it, I just assumed these photos were from cafe al bacio. I don’t know what it is about the grand plaza cafe but it seems to be confusing us all! Always sad to see tasty treats disappear but if it was underutilized I’m glad that they are adjusting and trying something different.

I agree - I studied the deck plans very closely before our trip and still got a bit confused!! I really got messed up with Cafe al Bacio on 4 - that is my compass center point for the M and S Class ships where it is on 5 and I find my way around in relation to it. 🙂

3 minutes ago, GottaKnowWhen said:

Thank you. This was incredibly useful and complete. If the prices ever go down we may try one of the E ship and a big mystery for me was this business of 4 MDRs. Mystery solved.

Stan

I have heard excellent feedback so far about the 4 MDRs.  I was expecting lots of issues with getting into the desired restaurants at the desired times, but have heard little about that. We ate at Cyprus one night and were very impressed and they are all so pretty.

3 hours ago, vermonter16 said:

If anyone goes to Eden and can post pics of their food and what they got that would be great.  Along with the other venues as well.

You choose one thing from each of the 5 courses.

image.thumb.png.f4bebbddeb832b2a7f71f7e4f86405e0.png

image.thumb.png.e80506451ef045f328ae5f406dc08cfd.png

image.thumb.png.57ab3b479506882dd5fa94544316d44f.png

image.thumb.png.6ed87823eaf97b830a5553d734f300c9.png

image.thumb.png.725d39bc1cfa46160774d2372cdaad15.png

The food was actually very good (a couple of the amuse bouche were iffy). The grouper and rib eye were excellent.

image.thumb.png.01ad213478f5adb2ea8d0e328eaafa24.png

Edited by vtcruising

Vt..and all

Noticed that the photo of the outdoor dining  area at Fine Cut Steak house looks  much more appealing and private than the outdoor area of BLU.  From your sources,  do you know if they plan to do more with that?  Guess we'll try it for breakfast but dh was already not impressed with the pics. 

Wonder how all the outdoor venues are managing after hearing about the MC  and Rooftop Grill having wind issues??? We are booked at RTG for a port night..hopefully less windy,

25 minutes ago, vermonter16 said:

The smoothies were included with the Premium Beverage Package when I was on Silhouette in December at the Spa Cafe.  They weren't included with the Classic though.

Yes, I should have mentioned that. But the prices were well within the limit of the Classic package. They still didn't seem busy on Infinity.

12 minutes ago, hcat said:

Vt..and all

Noticed that the photo of the outdoor dining  area at Fine Cut Steak house looks  much more appealing and private than the outdoor area of BLU.  From your sources,  do you know if they plan to do more with that?  Guess we'll try it for breakfast but dh was already not impressed with the pics. 

Wonder how all the outdoor venues are managing after hearing about the MC  and Rooftop Grill having wind issues??? We are booked at RTG for a port night..hopefully less windy,

I'm not sure about Blu's area - the pictures I posted were from an early cruise. I will get back out there and take a peek. I think the wind will be intermittently an issue, but some of the days we were onboard were absolutely fine outside and others breezier - luck of the draw. I hope your RTG night will be a lovely night!!

21 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I'm not sure about Blu's area - the pictures I posted were from an early cruise. I will get back out there and take a peek. I think the wind will be intermittently an issue, but some of the days we were onboard were absolutely fine outside and others breezier - luck of the draw. I hope your RTG night will be a lovely night!!

Thanks...we will start packing on Saturday...glad you switched flights to beat the storms!

29 minutes ago, hcat said:

Thanks...we will start packing on Saturday...glad you switched flights to beat the storms!

My app is showing lots of details for our cruise now and Cassablanca is playing in the Roof Top Garden at times. That would be a good one to watch there.

There was some trivia listed that didn't require phones and they have Move on The Edge at the RTG one night where the production cast teaches salsa, merengue and cha-cha. I was able to find some other fun things that interest us.  Can't wait!! 🙂

Not EXACTLY a dining question, but.....does anybody know if the cabanas are priced per PERSON or per CABANA?

On my Cruise Planner it is not clear.  I can click on the Split Cabana (2 guests) and it shows $200.  I can click on the Full Cabana (4 guests) and it shows $400.  For some reason, I cannot reserve one - no dates available and I doubt that they are all booked because they JUST started to appear.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CanadianTourist said:

Not EXACTLY a dining question, but.....does anybody know if the cabanas are priced per PERSON or per CABANA?

On my Cruise Planner it is not clear.  I can click on the Split Cabana (2 guests) and it shows $200.  I can click on the Full Cabana (4 guests) and it shows $400.  For some reason, I cannot reserve one - no dates available and I doubt that they are all booked because they JUST started to appear.

It is per cabana.  I rented one on Dec 2nd. I was able to book it online. Apparently, they are now saying that they have to be booked onboard. I'm planning to chat again with the guy in charge of them next week onboard to see what the latest scoop is with the cabanas. I will post the info, if I can pin him down. 🙂

Edited by vtcruising