Clampram has cabin fever!

Clampram

Our last minute cruise on the Royal is next Saturday and I am still waiting for a cabin assignment. This isn't easy! I like to look at my cabin location and figure out how I am going to navigate!

Princess is still selling cabins for this cruise which is a surprise. I wish they would hurry up - I want my assignment!! 

Just joking of course but.........I want my mini suite number!!

43 minutes ago, nukesubsailor said:

I have always selected my own cabin when making my booking so I have never considered letting Princess pick one for me.

Is there some advantage to letting Princess select a cabin for you?

A maybe opportunity to get a cabin in a better category for the lower price you paid. Some even get an upgrade to a different type of cabin.

Not worth the hassle of not knowing where you'll be on the ship. We did it once and DH couldn't stand the not knowing.

2 hours ago, Clampram said:

Our last minute cruise on the Royal is next Saturday and I am still waiting for a cabin assignment. This isn't easy! I like to look at my cabin location and figure out how I am going to navigate!

Princess is still selling cabins for this cruise which is a surprise. I wish they would hurry up - I want my assignment!! 

Just joking of course but.........I want my mini suite number!!

Years ago I would book a quarantee half the fun was where my cabin was and how i could finagle my  way into a better area ,now a days not worth it! Good luck!

This is the exciting part!!!! Please, keep us posted on your progress... I have thought about you several times this weekend.

And if we were running a parlay- I would bet Wednesday night at 6:00 pm,  you will get assignment.

7 minutes ago, TracieABD said:

This is the exciting part!!!! Please, keep us posted on your progress... I have thought about you several times this weekend.

And if we were running a parlay- I would bet Wednesday night at 6:00 pm,  you will get assignment.

Wednesday at 6PM???? I'm not gonna make it!!!!

However, I will be having my first pre cruise dinner at Greek Islands Taverna so that will help me to cope!!

1 hour ago, nukesubsailor said:

I have always selected my own cabin when making my booking so I have never considered letting Princess pick one for me.

We had no choice...…..last minute booking!!

1 minute ago, Clampram said:

Wednesday at 6PM???? I'm not gonna make it!!!!

However, I will be having my first pre cruise dinner at Greek Islands Taverna so that will help me to cope!!

You will make it! I promise!

And we will all be here cheering you on!!!

1 hour ago, nukesubsailor said:

When there are only GTY's available it's what you have to do.

• Like 2

Still no cabin! I am truly surprised that they are still selling cabins for the Crown which leaves Wednesday 1/16 and they are still selling for the Royal which is 1/19.

I didn't think that happened anymore post 911. Surprisingly, the fares don't seem to be discounted.

10 hours ago, Clampram said:

Still no cabin! I am truly surprised that they are still selling cabins for the Crown which leaves Wednesday 1/16 and they are still selling for the Royal which is 1/19.

I didn't think that happened anymore post 911. Surprisingly, the fares don't seem to be discounted.

Just checking in... Anything?

Bueller... Bueller?

Love the idea of a guarantee. You can end up with a great deal or maybe not so great a deal. Half the fun is the anticipation. The couple of times we have booked a guarantee have worked out very well. On the other hand, my wife really hates not knowing, so we don't usually book them. Maybe if I had a bad assignment I would think twice, but at this time we have won the gamble both times. 

Good luck with your assignment!

Not knowing which cabin I had would drive me crazy which is why I would never take a guarantee.  For self preservation I have to know but can understand the OP's predicament.   I always book as soon as they announce the sailings and have cruise booked up through summer 2020 waiting anxiously for the fall 2020 to come out.  Princess like land hotels will sell cabins as long as they have them available.  Vacancies occur as pax are forced to cancel for a personal reason and Princess wants to fill all of the cabins.  A empty cabin brings no revenue as it sets empty.  If they are not having any problems with getting full occupancy, they will not relax the prices.   I wish good luck to the OP and that they find out soon what cabin they will end up with and hoping it is something really nice.  

15 minutes ago, satxdiver said:

Not knowing which cabin I had would drive me crazy which is why I would never take a guarantee.  

Which is why I am NEVER doing another one. When I refared to save $$ I didn't know I'd be put in 'guarantee' status. Ship's been sold out for as month & sailing in 58 days. 

The email subject - "Upgrade Confirmation" .............what is this??

"We have been upgraded to MC minisuite M222".............hurrah!!! And it's on the port side too!!!

OK........now I'm happy...........thanks for listening to my bellyaching everyone!

• Like 3