Coffee & Cones Question

halfapair

2 hours ago, halfapair said:

My husband does not like coffee at all. Would he be able to go to Coffee & Cones and ask for a Frappe made without espresso in it? Basically a milkshake?

They make Frappes there & they might make it minus espresso:  Complimentary ice cream cones await you at our transformed top-deck creamery venue. Pick up a chocolate cone, a vanilla, or a combination. Or treat yourself to an ice cream sandwich, with a tempting choice of flavors such as The Classic, Cookie Colada, Snickerdoodle, Honey ‘N’ Oats and Mint Paddy. We’ve added specialty New Grounds Crafted Coffee too. Including Espresso and Cappuccino, Latte, Chai Tea and more. You’ll even find a choice of Frappes, such as Nuts for Caffeine, Mocha Milkshake and Mexican Frothed Chocolate.

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/products/dining-included/coffee-and-cones.html

Here’s a link to the menu showing prices (ice cream sandwiches $3):

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships-and-experience/ships/products/menus/Coffee-and-Cones-Menu.pdf

Edited by Astro Flyer

1 hour ago, Astro Flyer said:

Here’s a link to the menu showing prices (ice cream sandwiches $3):

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships-and-experience/ships/products/menus/Coffee-and-Cones-Menu.pdf

One and done (forever) for me. Spent my $3 and thought it was awful. Hard as a rock and generally flavorless. I gave it back to them and made certain the charge was removed from my account. I refuse to get stuck with even a tiny amount for a poor quality product. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ep010835 said:

One and done (forever) for me. Spent my $3 and thought it was awful. Hard as a rock and generally flavorless. I gave it back to them and made certain the charge was removed from my account. I refuse to get stuck with even a tiny amount for a poor quality product. 

I am glad to hear they would make that right. You should not have to pay for something that you cannot eat.

1 hour ago, Ep010835 said:

Good to know...all of my future cruises have Gelato’s and for $3.50 will buy a great sundae. 😊

We are sailing on the Crown and they don't seem to have a Gelato's. The only "Milkshake" on the Coffee & Cones menu is a Mocha Frappe. The first ingredient in espresso. So I am hoping he can ask for the Mocha Frappe without espresso and that will solve the problem for him.

3 minutes ago, halfapair said:

We are sailing on the Crown and they don't seem to have a Gelato's. The only "Milkshake" on the Coffee & Cones menu is a Mocha Frappe. The first ingredient in espresso. So I am hoping he can ask for the Mocha Frappe without espresso and that will solve the problem for him.

Kinda sounds to me like I'd be on board with either.....sans the espresso. But they are priced (per the Coffee and Cones page - link below) at $4/$5. What the heck. Think I'll give 'em a try next month!

MOCHA MILKSHAKE Espresso, cocoa, milk, vanilla ice cream, whipped cream + chocolate-caramel sauce

MEXICAN FROTHED CHOCOLATE Espresso, chili-spiked cocoa, ice, milk, cinnamon syrup + dulce de leche

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, halfapair said:

Only the Royal/Regal have the venue....Gelatos.  (not sure about the Majestic)

The Crown/Ruby/Emerald did have a gelato/machine in the International Cafe when they came into service.

Just got of the Ruby and next to the C&C where you get the vanilla, chocolate or swirl ice cream they will make you a milkshake. Vanilla,chocolate or strawberry flavored. I think their is a fee for them, but since we had the premium beverage package their was no charge for us. 

• Like 1

On 1/13/2019 at 11:51 AM, halfapair said:

My husband does not like coffee at all. Would he be able to go to Coffee & Cones and ask for a Frappe made without espresso in it? Basically a milkshake?

You can get a milkshake or a malt.  There is a charge...maybe $3?  But I thought the malts were yummy!

On 1/13/2019 at 12:17 PM, Ep010835 said:

22 minutes ago, suzyed said:

You can get a milkshake or a malt.  There is a charge...maybe $3?  But I thought the malts were yummy!

For $3 that sounds much better than their ice cream sandwiches.