Copenhagen Hotels

jlnprt

You have incorrectly posted this in the Zuiderdam Roll Calls forum.  You should ask your question over in the Ports of Call Northern Europe forum.  In fact, it would be a good idea to do some reading/searching there first, as the hotel question comes up frequently.  (You could also ask in the specific Roll Call for your cruise, but this is not it.)

12 hours ago, jlnprt said:

THANK YOU!!! That's where I meant to post it. I was wondering why it hadn't shown up. Must have had a major brain freeze!! Thanks again!

No problem!  I'm glad you found where they moved your thread (since there was no "moved to..." notice on the other board).

BTW, we spent three days in Copenhagen prior to a HAL cruise in August.  We stayed at the Scandic Palace.  The location was great (we walked everywhere) except that in our room, we could hear the bell in the City Hall clock tower right across the street. It chimed every 15 minutes, and counted out the time on the hour, every hour, until midnight.  It was quite disturbing.   And we weren't even on the side of the hotel facing the tower.   (We'd supposedly been given a quiet room! :classic_wacko:)

We stayed the at the AC Bella Hotel (part of the Marriott group) for a few days prior to our HAL cruise last August. It's not located in the main downtown area, but at their convention centre area (about half way between the airport and downtown). It was very quiet and we found taking the Metro into the downtown area very easy.

They have a large bus scuttle service from the hotel direct to the cruise terminal. The cost was 150 DKK per person.

I did a review of our cruise, which included our time in Copenhagen. It's at https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2600192-review-of-visits-to-norwayicelandgreenland-on-fall-2018-cruise/

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 4:50 PM, jlnprt said:

We will be flying in a few days before the start of the cruise. Does anyone have any hotel recommendations? Are there any that offer transportation to the cruise port or are we better off just catching a cab?

Cabs are very expensive in Copenhagen, but they have an excellent public transportation system, and it is very easy to take the train and bus directly to the port for very little money.  As long as you're able to carry your bags on and off the train and bus, it's a easy trip.

I don´t know your price range but if I was you I would choose a hotel in the downtown area so you don´t waste time on transport.

Expensive hotels (over 1500 kroner for a night in June)

Nimb

D´Angleterre

71 Nyhavn

Radisson Royal

Marriott

Nobis Hotel Copenhagen

Admiral Hotel

Scandic Palace

Sankt Petri

The Square

Mid range 1000 to 1500 kroner

Andersen Butique Hotel

Absalon Hotel

Hotel Kong Arthur

Babette Guldsmeden

Hotel Tiffany

Hotel Christian IV

Best Western Hotel Hebron

Manon Les Suites

Scandic Front

Savoy Hotel

Wakeup Copenhagen Borgergade

Scandic Kødbyen

Budget under 1000 kroner

Bethel

66 Guldsmeden

Axel Guldsmeden

Cabin City (small rooms)

Hotel Nebo

Scandic Webers

Hotel Windsor

Zleep Hotel Copenhagen City

Hotel Loeven

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2019 at 1:50 PM, jlnprt said:

We will be flying in a few days before the start of the cruise. Does anyone have any hotel recommendations? Are there any that offer transportation to the cruise port or are we better off just catching a cab?

I am booked at Best Western. ( two of them) Less $$ than that offered by NCL  but need to take a taxi to port. Rooms going fast.

On 1/14/2019 at 8:32 AM, Turtles06 said:

No problem!  I'm glad you found where they moved your thread (since there was no "moved to..." notice on the other board).

BTW, we spent three days in Copenhagen prior to a HAL cruise in August.  We stayed at the Scandic Palace.  The location was great (we walked everywhere) except that in our room, we could hear the bell in the City Hall clock tower right across the street. It chimed every 15 minutes, and counted out the time on the hour, every hour, until midnight.  It was quite disturbing.   And we weren't even on the side of the hotel facing the tower.   (We'd supposedly been given a quiet room! :classic_wacko:)

We are booked in the Scandic Palace. I booked it through an online site, saving a several hundreds of dollars over the cruise line price. I paid at booking, but the cost is included in our trip insurance. On our last trip to Copenhagen we stayed around the corner from Nyhaven, which was also a great location with the HoHo canal boats there. Copenhagen is such a wonderfully walkable city. We'll take cabs from the airport and to the ship.

We spent a few nights at the Scandic Palace before our Disney cruise in 8/18.  The hotel was quite nice, the breakfast was great, and the location was fantastic.  It was somewhat noisy with Tivoli fireworks and a concert across the street, but we knew to expect this so we weren't upset.  It's a great place, but not if you need quiet.  It was quiet by 11pm though.  

We stayed at the Wake Up Borgegade, one of the mid-priced hotels mentioned by Danish Viking.  It was easy and cheap to reach from the airport via public transportation (36 DKK per person) and it was easy and cheap to reach our HAL ship docked at Oceankaj via public transportation (24 DKK per person).  The rooms at the Wake Up Borgegade are basic, but they are clean and comfortable.  If you opt for one of the "Heaven" rooms, as we did, it will also be quiet.  The breakfast buffet is GREAT and well worth the cost!  The location is excellent as it is within walking distance of Nyhavn, the Stroget and Tivoli.  

Edited by GradUT

57 minutes ago, Danish viking said:

Good point.

Just so anyone knows, if you check in at Citizen M, The Square, Scandic Palace, Nimb, Plaza and other hotels near Tivoli. 

They have their Fredagsrock concerts each Friday from 22:00 to around 23:30. 

We are going to be staying at the Copenhagen Plaza near Tivoli July 10-13 before a cruise and it turns out that will be when the Copenhagen Jazz Festival is going on. So probably won't be quiet but sounds like a great time to be there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danish viking said:

It won't be as loud as the Fredagsrock concerts, that's for sure 🙂

But hopefully at that time the metro station has opened so at least it will be getting easier to go around the city. 

Guess I need to lookup a Fredagsrock concert and see what it is. Looking forward to our first trip to Copenhagen. Thanks

40 minutes ago, swmichigan cruiser said:

Guess I need to lookup a Fredagsrock concert and see what it is. Looking forward to our first trip to Copenhagen. Thanks

Friday (Fredags) Rock :classic_smile:

Unless you are looking for specifics about who might be playing.

Not trying to be snarky. Really.

Edited by gnome12

We loved Hotel Bethel.  I was worried as it was significantly cheaper than other places but we thought it was great. Delicious included breakfast and incredibly friendly and helpful staff. Due to my DMIL mobility issues, we used the HoHo bus to get around and it stops literally at the corner across the street from the hotel. 

Edited by Clay Clayton