Does anyone have a post-cruise contact at X who actually cares?

lysolqn

Long story short, pre-cruise we made dinner reservations at Murano and paid for same with OBC.  Flash forward to the morning after we dined at Murano's and our onboard account showed a $130 charge for the dinner we had already paid for (with OBC) pre-cruise.  The first of many trips to Guest Relations resulted in an acknowledgment that the $130 charge was indeed a mistake, profuse apologies and a promise the mistake would be rectified.  Five days and multiple trips to GR later (I have the names of the individuals with whom we spoke), the charge still appeared on our account.  The last night of the cruise we were promised we would see a $130 credit either before we disembarked in the morning or on our credit card account within a day or two thereafter.  That was almost three weeks ago.  After several calls, we've yet to receive a credit for the dinner twice charged to our account.

Any suggestions?????

Sorry..I have no contact.  Did you call Cap Ckub?   Or e mail LLP?

I'd file a dispute  with your credit card company..They will investigate the disputed charge,  that will preserve your complaint while you wait for X to act in its own

• Like 3

Thanks for your suggestions.

Thought of filing a dispute with AmX but because we had more OBC for the cruise than we actually used, there was no charge to our credit card account at the end of the cruise.

Will try going through Captain's Club and if that doesn't work, will send an email to LLP, along with a printout showing dinner was paid for with OBC pre-cruise and our final bill showing dinner was also charged to our onboard account.  

Just now, lysolqn said:

Thanks for your suggestions.

Thought of filing a dispute with AmX but because we had more OBC for the cruise than we actually used, there was no charge to our credit card account at the end of the cruise.

Will try going through Captain's Club and if that doesn't work, will send an email to LLP, along with a printout showing dinner was paid for with OBC pre-cruise and our final bill showing dinner was also charged to our onboard account.  

Darn...so is the refundable OBC?

.We have also experienced issues with pre paid specialty dining..Tuscan on Infinity..and  they were fairly rude about it  as if we were scamming.

.Luckily for us Guest rel sorted it out..it took three  or four days while we were onboard!

Hope someone else has more info..good luck!

10 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

You must have used non-refundable credit to book pre-cruise, correct?

you had credit left at the end of the cruise, yes?

was it refundable credit and you didn’t get it back?

because if it wasnon-refundable credit, you aren’t due anything back.

We had both refundable and non-refundable credit.  The OBC we used pre-cruise to book Murano and Tuscan was charged against the non-refundable pre-cruise.  However, Murano was charged against our account twice - once against the non-refundable credit and once again against the refundable credit.  It is the second charge which was against our refundable credit that should have been credited back to us.  In other words, we ate at Murano's once but were charged twice.

Edited by lysolqn

Even in the best scenario these things can take longer than 3 weeks to resolve.  It shouldn't but if they have acknowledged they owe you the money then I'd give it another  2-3 weeks. 

6 minutes ago, RickT said:

Even in the best scenario these things can take longer than 3 weeks to resolve.  It shouldn't but if they have acknowledged they owe you the money then I'd give it another  2-3 weeks. 

Under ordinary circumstances, I would agree with you.  However, we were traveling with our children and grandchildren on this cruise and we had a total of four cabins.  The same double charge for Murano appeared on each of the four accounts.  Four accounts were problematic, three were reconciled prior to leaving the ship and for some reason unbeknownst to man, the fourth has yet to be rectified.  Even GR couldn't explain that.

15 minutes ago, lysolqn said:

Under ordinary circumstances, I would agree with you.  However, we were traveling with our children and grandchildren on this cruise and we had a total of four cabins.  The same double charge for Murano appeared on each of the four accounts.  Four accounts were problematic, three were reconciled prior to leaving the ship and for some reason unbeknownst to man, the fourth has yet to be rectified.  Even GR couldn't explain that.

Very strange.  It is even more strange that GR could not remove the incorrect charge when you were on board.  How hard can it be for them to just remove a charge?

I cannot even think of a possible reason, except that they did not believe it was a double charge.

are you 100% certain that each account had enough OBC to pay for the charge before the cruise?

I would think it would be even more difficult to resolve now that you are no longer on the ship.

Good luck.

P.S.  I assume that no one in your party signed a charge ticket after dining?

I am more than 100% sure each of the four accounts had enough OBC to pay for the charges before the cruise.  I have a printout from X showing that after each account was debited (pre-cruise) for a Murano charge and a Tuscan charge, there was still $50 OBC left in each account.  Also, once we were on board, additional OBC from our travel agent was credited to each account.  Three accounts were properly reconciled on board, one was not.

Finally!  Just off the phone with a Captain's Club rep who was kind enough to elevate the matter to someone with a sympathetic ear, although despite my asking, she wouldn't identify her department.  According to the young lady with whom I just spoke, our onboard account "clearly shows you were double charged for Murano, once prior to and once again during the cruise."  "It's a simple matter," she said.  "It should have taken Guest Relations five minutes to resolve it when you brought it to their attention."  Hmmm...exactly what I've been saying for weeks!  She promised a refund will appear on my credit card within 3 - 5 days.  We shall see. 

Hope it gets done...

We will be careful on our upcoming EDGE cruise, although ours was a diff issue on Infinity..it involved pre paid specialty dining...for which the maitre d did not want to  give us the 15 % E plus discount.  He was rude!

Hope we do better on EDGE

Edited by hcat

We're likewise Elite Plus. The discount automatically showed up on our bill for Lawn Club which we booked once on board but not for Murano or Tuscan which we booked using OBC about six+ weeks prior to the cruise.  We didn't even bother trying to get the discount for either since we had bigger fish to fry.  Doubt we will reserve specialty dining pre-cruise in the future.  It seemed a good idea at the time but proved to be bothersome, especially since we've never had a problem with booking specialty reservations once we board.

1 hour ago, lysolqn said:

Finally!  Just off the phone with a Captain's Club rep who was kind enough to elevate the matter to someone with a sympathetic ear, although despite my asking, she wouldn't identify her department.  According to the young lady with whom I just spoke, our onboard account "clearly shows you were double charged for Murano, once prior to and once again during the cruise."  "It's a simple matter," she said.  "It should have taken Guest Relations five minutes to resolve it when you brought it to their attention."  Hmmm...exactly what I've been saying for weeks!  She promised a refund will appear on my credit card within 3 - 5 days.  We shall see. 

Congratulations.  Glad to hear it was resolved.  

I hope there was not more one incompetent person in GS involved.  

32 minutes ago, lysolqn said:

We're likewise Elite Plus. The discount automatically showed up on our bill for Lawn Club which we booked once on board but not for Murano or Tuscan which we booked using OBC about six+ weeks prior to the cruise.  We didn't even bother trying to get the discount for either since we had bigger fish to fry.  Doubt we will reserve specialty dining pre-cruise in the future.  It seemed a good idea at the time but proved to be bothersome, especially since we've never had a problem with booking specialty reservations once we board.

Since the discount only applies to the Elite plus members, it might have been even more complicated.

1 hour ago, jagoffee said:

Congratulations.  Glad to hear it was resolved.  

I hope there was not more one incompetent person in GS involved.  

Since the discount only applies to the Elite plus members, it might have been even more complicated.

Two Guest Services individuals were involved over a period of five days, in addition to someone in Miami who was contacted by GS to aid and assist in arranging a credit to our onboard accounts for what was acknowledged by all to be an erroneous, duplicate charge for dining in Murano one evening.  Keep in mind, GS was successful in posting the credit in question to each of our three other cabins (which were likewise charged twice for the same dinner), but for some reason, crediting our fourth cabin left everyone helpless. Thank goodness the folks on the bridge are more competent.

I had a different situation but similar goofed by Celebrity.  We had $700 non-refundable OBC which we used ~$200 to book a shore excursion during a sale which was something like 20% off their regular price.  2 days before sailing I received an email indicating the shore excursion was cancelled due to non-payment and that $50 OBC was being refunded to the account.  When I logged into the account, it showed $50 OBC and no shore excursion booked.

I called Captains Club whose first response from a very inexperienced staff was that I did not pay for the shore excursion even though I had explained the situation to her.  I repeated the problem and she put me on hold.  She came back and said "The system automatically cancelled $650 of the OBC and no employee ID was associated with the cancellation".  She said she could not put back the OBC since it was during the 3-day freeze period and that she had sent a note to the ship to re-add the $700 OBC and also requested to rebook our shore excursion at the old rate.  She said it was up to the ship whether to price protect the rebooking.  It was not a good answer, talk about poor customer service.

I escalated to my travel agent who got hold of a supervisor.  The $700 was re-added plus a $25 goodwill for the hassle.  He also assured my TA that the shore excursion would be rebooked by the ship personnel at the old rate.  We got on the ship and sure enough, the shore excursion was rebooked and tickets were left in the cabin, and the acccount showed the correct amount of OBC.

The real kicker is that there were several pieces of letters left in our cabin, 2 of the correspondence had names of 2 sets of people who were also supposed to be in our cabin!  When we spoke with Michael's Club concierge, his system was showing one of the 2 couples.  He corrected it while we were there.   My guess is that their IT system retained names of everyone who had booked a cabin for that cruise and instead of making the cancelled names inactive, they were still showing as occupants.   

Edited by CEOofVacation

Computers are great - until they start doing things "automatically" and "automatically" screw things up.  Everyone blames "the system", no one takes responsibility and more importantly, common sense goes out the window.  Correcting a simple, obvious mistake becomes a team effort in futility.  JMHO.

Edited by lysolqn
  • Thanks 1