Man jumps off cruise ship for kicks

Copper10-8

This moron hit the water feet first from 11 decks up.   That's over 100 ft.  He complained that his back hurt for a while afterwards.  I wouldn't doubt that he may have compressed some disks in his spine, and he will be having some pretty bad back problems in the future.  He will probably file a lawsuit against the cruise line, and some idiot judge will probably accept the case.   The legal complaint will be that the cruise line should have warnings posted on all balconies saying that "Jumping from this balcony into the water can be detrimental to your health".    

This will also trigger copy-cat stunts like this.   His friends were the ones who took the video of him jumping.  Because they participated in this dumb stunt, they all were booted off the ship in Nassau and had to fly home.   I sure hope that all they had were driver's licenses and birth certificates.   That will cause them to spend a few nights in a hotel waiting for an emergency passport.

Edited by TAD2005

6 hours ago, OlsSalt said:

And we wonder why HAL eliminated the unlimited in-cabin wine policy? I always suspected it had to do with potential legal exposure for the increasing numbers of overboard "accidents" happening industry wide at the same time.

Are you referring to the number of "free" bottles of wine you can bring on-board, or is there now a limit on the number of glasses of wine you can consume in your cabin?  I don't think paying for alcohol would have/or did discourage this idiot and his friends.  Cherie

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cccole said:

Are you referring to the number of "free" bottles of wine you can bring on-board, or is there now a limit on the number of glasses of wine you can consume in your cabin?  I don't think paying for alcohol would have/or did discourage this idiot and his friends.  Cherie

No. No. and no. 

11 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

and banned for life (along with his buds who helped him get on the ship's railing) by Royal Caribbean. 

I hope they are banned by other cruise lines as well.  I do NOT want to be on a cruise with these idiots! 😵

• Like 1

Where's the Youtube video of them being removed from the ship?  None of his friends thought to capture that moment?  Now that would make for some entertaining viewing!

Edited by EMc&DrS
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1