Taxes on drinks?

Juliansmom

9 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Like the post above mentions, the information is available on Carnival’s website.  There is also a lot of good information provided online when going thru the check-in process. One problem is a lot of people don’t read this information and then complain about something later on saying they were never told that (the issue they are complaining about). 

Yes, I guess more research prior to booking should have been done.  Are you talking about the check-in process to print out the cabin tags?  If so, then I guess I can go back to that and read but I'm pretty sure they just wanted a CC and pick a time to get onboard, I didn't see anything about extra charges for stuff.

5 minutes ago, Crazy4Camping said:

Yes, I guess more research prior to booking should have been done.  Are you talking about the check-in process to print out the cabin tags?  If so, then I guess I can go back to that and read but I'm pretty sure they just wanted a CC and pick a time to get onboard, I didn't see anything about extra charges for stuff.

One of the biggest surprise new cruisers seem to have is when gratuities are automatically added to their accounts toward the end of the cruise, even though that is clearly stated in Carnival’s website. 

The FAQ section on the website also has a lot of good information.  

Edited by PhillyFan33579

Just now, PhillyFan33579 said:

One of the biggest surprise new cruisers seem to have is when gratuities are automatically added to their accounts toward the end of the cruise, even though that is clearly stated in Carnival’s website. 

I already prepaid the gratuities-thank God before they increased.  Have read mixed info on here about whether we will be charged the difference or if we are fine....

Maybe I missed it, but are the taxes collected the entire time the ship is in U.S. waters, or only while at the pier?  The reason I ask is that we are leaving out of New Orleans this summer, and it will be 7 or 8 hours before we clear U.S. waters.   Are taxes charged all the way to the Gulf of Mexico?

Thanks for your help.

1 hour ago, BTromboneFrack said:

Maybe I missed it, but are the taxes collected the entire time the ship is in U.S. waters, or only while at the pier?  The reason I ask is that we are leaving out of New Orleans this summer, and it will be 7 or 8 hours before we clear U.S. waters.   Are taxes charged all the way to the Gulf of Mexico?

Thanks for your help.

Edited by wesorbeth
error

• 3 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, lpsteve said:

Does anyone have the current drink prices for the magic? I've searched and only found out dated info. 

Looking for specific drink types, brands,  etc by price.

Don't search by ship - the prices are consistent across the (US-based) fleet, I believe.  So just look for a photo of a drink list from any recent Carnival cruise.

9 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Don't search by ship - the prices are consistent across the (US-based) fleet, I believe.  So just look for a photo of a drink list from any recent Carnival cruise.

I've looked and see photos for the drink menu but no prices next to each drink

port canaveral-   we had the bubbles card and had to pay tax on three soda refills.  It was 18 cents each   not huge.   Once we set sail and was in international waters we were no longer charged  

On 1/20/2019 at 11:53 AM, ProgRockCruiser said:

If you don't like paying taxes, talk to the Government (US and/or Puerto Rico, in this case), not Carnival.  Why should Carnival take the hit? 

Why should they take the hit? Because they market it as an all-inclusive package. I understand the cost is pretty minimal in the grand scheme, but its not ridiculous to think that the amount you pay for Cheers should include sales tax when you're in US waters. Plenty of bars on land build sales tax into the price.

• 2 years later...

My son and I were on MSC a couple months ago and had non alcohoic packages. There were not any chanrges first day for drinks we had. Maybe it is embedded in their overall price. We were out of Miami and we were first on ship.

On 12/24/2021 at 9:34 PM, thepla said:

My son and I were on MSC a couple months ago and had non alcohoic packages. There were not any chanrges first day for drinks we had. Maybe it is embedded in their overall price. We were out of Miami and we were first on ship.

MSC does things differently than Carnival, just like Carnival does things differently than RCI or NCL out of Texas.

And why the two year resurrection of a long dead thread?

3 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

MSC does things differently than Carnival, just like Carnival does things differently than RCI or NCL out of Texas.

And why the two year resurrection of a long dead thread?

Sorry, didn't notice it was two years old. I guess I googled taxes on soda packages 

On 1/18/2019 at 9:07 PM, KCCasebolt said:

This! Please someone explain!

If you buy cheers no additional charges, unless you buy above the limited price such as a very high price bottle of wine.  The bill they hand you to sign will say $0 and there is a line if you want to add a tip which we always write a line through since we tip separately

8 hours ago, dbrucern said:

If you buy cheers no additional charges, unless you buy above the limited price such as a very high price bottle of wine.  The bill they hand you to sign will say $0 and there is a line if you want to add a tip which we always write a line through since we tip separately

As an aside, there are also some high end rums available at the Tiki Bar on the Mardi Gras that are above the 20.00 threshold.

13 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

As an aside, there are also some high end rums available at the Tiki Bar on the Mardi Gras that are above the 20.00 threshold.

Your correct my husband drinks one but they allowed it to be covered on Cheers which did surprise both of us.