Behavior warning email

RNmominLA

Hmmm.Interesting email. I cruise in early February so will see if I get the email too. There were several people pulled from the line going through customs when we were disembarking on our last cruise in November. It seemed pretty serious, probably not a violation of bringing a fruit into the US. I think it's best to just go with the flow and follow the rules.

4 minutes ago, BoDidly said:

You may have thought that , not in the ports we were at.

Nah, sorry but I can't believe CDs were encouraging people to freely smoke pot on the boat. On the Horizon in November, about 15 people were apprehended by ship security for smoking pot on their balcony during a get-together. So Cuban cigars, I can believe. Pot? Nope. 

On 1/24/2019 at 11:40 AM, Saturngrl said:

The email lists items that are included in the Contract of Carriage, which is a legal document that every cruise passenger should read prior to sailing.   I'm with you other posters who embrace the idea of Carnival enforcing its rules to make the cruise safer and more pleasant for all of us. 

Unfortunately Carnival is terrible at enforcing their own rules.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, samiam0403 said:

Nah, sorry but I can't believe CDs were encouraging people to freely smoke pot on the boat. On the Horizon in November, about 15 people were apprehended by ship security for smoking pot on their balcony during a get-together. So Cuban cigars, I can believe. Pot? Nope. 

Fifteen people , wow imagine that.  Who woulda thunk :classic_rolleyes:

I guess you wouldn't believe I sat two tables from a group of people smoking pot on Lido while security only there feet away did nothing to intervene. 

Edited by BoDidly

12 minutes ago, BoDidly said:

Fifteen people , wow imagine that.  Who woulda thunk :classic_rolleyes:

I guess you wouldn't believe I sat two tables from a group of people smoking pot on Lido while security only there feet away did nothing to intervene. 

Ummm cool? Good for them? I don't have a problem with it, I was doubting your implication that the CD told people to go smoke their pot. The 15 people arrested at one time was a big deal on our cruise - probably because someone reported them and it was an entire family/friends group at once. If no one technically reported the folks on Lido on your cruise, great. I don't really care. But I refuse to believe the CD flat out told people to go smoke pot - he/she could lose their job for that, and the odds of no one reporting him/her to corporate are slim. As previously stated, I don't care one way or the other if people smoke, but illegal activity is illegal activity. No CD is going to promote that. 

• Like 1

On 1/23/2019 at 12:48 PM, ProgRockCruiser said:

Nope.  Carnival abides by US federal laws for stuff like that; I imagine all the cruise lines do.

Plus, can you imagine the mayhem if Carnival was known as the cruise line where it was OK to smoke pot while at sea?

From my experience I thought that was already true.  The next Carnival cruise I go on where I don’t smell marijuana will be a first for me. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Sotermarler said:

A couple weeks ago on the Imagination out of CA, we sat next to a senior woman smoking pot in the Serenity area.  Since it was coool out, the Serenity was fairly empty and she was a pleasant woman. 

Noe one bothered her about it as she was fairly discreet.

If she was fairly discreet you wouldn’t have noticed it. 

23 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

From my experience I thought that was already true.  The next Carnival cruise I go on where I don’t smell marijuana will be a first for me. 

While I cannot say it never happened, saying that it happens all the time (35 Carnival cruises and 40 total), from my perspective, it is a minority of times, not every cruise.  I spend a LOT of times out on balconies.

19 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

If she was fairly discreet you wouldn’t have noticed it. 

Not sure what this implies, if it is a rule and you break it, it is what it is.  Whether people notice or not.  I hope Carnival takes a stronger stance on rule breaking (and I fully understand the issues with invading into someone’s vacation time).  Rules have a purpose.

31 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

We've been on a total of three Carnival cruises in the last 14 months or so, two short ones and one long one, and to be honest, I do not recall smelling weed on the ship at all.  OTOH, I did not frequent the smoking areas of the ship, and two of those cruises were aft balconies, where it seems folks weren't smoking nearby at all.  :shrug: Maybe we got lucky.

3 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

We've been on a total of three Carnival cruises in the last 14 months or so, two short ones and one long one, and to be honest, I do not recall smelling weed on the ship at all.  OTOH, I did not frequent the smoking areas of the ship, and two of those cruises were aft balconies, where it seems folks weren't smoking nearby at all.  :shrug: Maybe we got lucky.

I was not doubting you, also would not consider that you being lucky, but that is just me....

The like button thingy is strange , you either give someone a trophy ( thanks ) or a laugh ( Haha) symbol or a heart for (like).  As a man I find it strange to heart :classic_love: a mans post :classic_blink: So I either laugh at him or thank him .

I'm not going any further with this , just an observation .  :classic_blink:

Perhaps just give every one a   :classic_love::classic_love::classic_love: for equal right of course 😎

Edited by BoDidly
One thing more , TO add more BS

17 hours ago, talliana said:

We went on a short cruise last October and the pot smoke was ridiculous on the Lido deck. There were lots of obviously drunk people on the cruise also. Staggering and talking incoherently even before the ship left the dock. This was the first cruise that I ever saw security walking around the Lido although they were not doing anything in terms of securing the deck. This was our first short cruise and I had heard about the problems before so I was not completely surprised by what I saw. 

Staggering and talking incoherently is an effect of alcohol not pot. We have never seen anyone smoking on the Lido Deck openly. We have smelled it on the balcony a few times, but it dissipates  so fast, never got a "contact high" :classic_rolleyes:

4 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

While I cannot say it never happened, saying that it happens all the time (35 Carnival cruises and 40 total), from my perspective, it is a minority of times, not every cruise.  I spend a LOT of times out on balconies.

I have never smelled marijuana on a balcony. I always smell it when walking down hallways.  My wife notices it too.  Personally I don’t understand people who have the guts to smuggle it on board. Even if I wanted to smoke marijuana, I would be way too scared to attempt brining it onboard. 

14 hours ago, samiam0403 said:

And here I always thought they were talking about Cuban cigars! In fact, I'm pretty sure they specifically mentioned cigars - which were legal to buy, but not legal to bring back into the US. Unless I horribly misunderstood and the cruise directors were, in fact, willing to lose their jobs over illegal activity on board. 😯

I remember that announcement on just about every cruise.  They always said Cuban cigars.  They always made sure to differentiate between US and Canadian Citizens.  Canadians could bring back Cuban cigars, but not Americans.  If I'm not mistaken, US Citizens can bring back Cuban cigars now.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, chumley28540 said:

There was some news recently regarding a lot of passengers being arrested as they were getting off the ship due to use and possession of drugs. Cannot remember what ship or cruise line. 

Was it Mary Jane Wanna ?🐺

54 minutes ago, chumley28540 said:

There was some news recently regarding a lot of passengers being arrested as they were getting off the ship due to use and possession of drugs. Cannot remember what ship or cruise line. 

I know Norwegian Epic had a good dozen or so people arrested while boarding earlier this month - it was an EDM charter cruise (Holy Ship!). At least one person was arrested for possession of cocaine. And a drug-sniffing K-9 had to be issued Narcan after suffering a seizure while working. 😳  Maybe that's the one you're thinking of? 

On 1/22/2019 at 6:35 PM, jessbp said:

I find it so strange that marijuana is prohibited. I take several prescribed medications and took them onboard by last cruise. Nobody even looked twice at what they were, they could’ve been all sorts of hard drugs and people do take two of these medications I take as a ‘party drug’ (though at a much higher dose than I take) so it just baffles me that something (even with a prescription?) is not allowed. 

Not that i’m really complaining. I dislike the stuff and it smells foul so the further away from me, the better (and it’s very illegal in my country) I just think it’s odd. 

There is no legal marijuana medicinal prescriptions at the federal level and the cruise lines follow federal law, not state law. Compared to other products that might be abused, but which have been approved by the FDA and thus have valid prescriptions at the federal level.

4 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I have never smelled marijuana on a balcony. I always smell it when walking down hallways.  My wife notices it too.  Personally I don’t understand people who have the guts to smuggle it on board. Even if I wanted to smoke marijuana, I would be way too scared to attempt brining it onboard. 

On a semi related note, the last morning of our Journey cruise on the Breeze, we had an aft wrap 6th floor.  When we went down to retrieve our bags after breakfast the last morning, we got near our room to be confronted 4 Carnival security, 3 sheriffs, and to govt officers, all focused on our neighbors and I doubt it was for stealing a piece of fruit....

5 minutes ago, James4me said:

It had to be more than weed.  Most people dispose their stuff night prior.  Did you smell anything?

No and their door always had a snoozing sign out.  Only saw them 3 times on a 14 day cruise.  My guess was nose candy, they were cuffing him as we got our bag.

7 minutes ago, James4me said:

It had to be more than weed.  Most people dispose their stuff night prior.  Did you smell anything?

Rumor has it he was caught at the door sniffing and grinning 😇

Now yawl know I'm kidding, don't you ? 🤣

Edited by BoDidly