Specialty Dining Reservations

fabby50

Hey!  Searched on the Carnival website and here - can't find the answer.

We have reserved a cruise pretty far out - how many days in advance can we reserved specialty dining?  I know on other lines, it's farther out if you have a suite, for example, on NCL it's something like 80 days if you have a suite and 60 in a standard cabin.

Thanks for any info -

Easiest way is to download the Carnival Hub app and add your booking. There’s a link that you can use to make reservations. Carnival isn’t like other lines where you’ll get an immediate reservation. You have to wait for a confirmation email which can sometimes take weeks. You can also go to the Carnival website and log into your cruise manager and make the request there.

Wow - that's good information.  I just get an error when I try to go to the reservation page - says it's been reported to Carnival and they are working on it.  I figured it was because it was too soon.  I'll try again.

Thank you all!

I don’t know the time limit, but a month or so ago I made reservations for two speciality restaurants on Horizon in July 2020.  I always make reservation requests thru Carnival’s website and I always get a confirmation e-mail within 2-3 days at the most.  I don’t know if being Platinum helps, but I have never had to wait weeks for a response like a previous poster mentioned. 

12 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I don’t know the time limit, but a month or so ago I made reservations for two speciality restaurants on Horizon in July 2020.  I always make reservation requests thru Carnival’s website and I always get a confirmation e-mail within 2-3 days at the most.  I don’t know if being Platinum helps, but I have never had to wait weeks for a response like a previous poster mentioned. 

Not platinum and the first time I made reservations online in advance I waited 2-3 weeks to hear. This most recent cruise I heard back the next day. Both reservations were made 6 months to a year before the cruise... it seems that it just depends on how busy the specialty restaurant manager is when your reservation comes in to them.

4 hours ago, Shaded Lady said:

Not platinum and the first time I made reservations online in advance I waited 2-3 weeks to hear. This most recent cruise I heard back the next day. Both reservations were made 6 months to a year before the cruise... it seems that it just depends on how busy the specialty restaurant manager is when your reservation comes in to them.

we were on the dream last week and ate at the steak house on thursday night. we ate at 6 pm and there were only 8 people eating there. we made the reservations on tuesday and every time spot was open.