Live from Regal 1/20/19 on 1/24 mini review solid 4 STARS

framer

Having done 20+ cruises I must say, "this has been a great cruise.".  Food has been outstanding, entertainment a nice mix, and no pushy sales.   Embarkation with us arriving at 11AM in FLL was 10 minutes from shuttle into ship.  Medallions seem to work well.  

I can get super fast WIFI everywhere I've tried it.  I'm in a front cabin and can get WIFI on the balcony,  works up in Sanctuary also.  I'm streaming Hulu and Netflix with no issues. 

Room service has done a great job every morning.

Service has been spot on.

Sitting in a Cabana as I write this...

framer

• Like 4

Thanks for the update. So happy to read that the food has been outstanding and service has been spot on. We were thinking about renting a cabana - how much was it for the day and did you have to book it on embarkation day?

43 minutes ago, hllwdcruiser said:

Thanks for the update. So happy to read that the food has been outstanding and service has been spot on. We were thinking about renting a cabana - how much was it for the day and did you have to book it on embarkation day?

Will be on the Regal for the first time in April for a TA to Copenhagen--excited to hear such good reports.  Will be our first TA.  

21 hours ago, framer said:

Having done 20+ cruises I must say, "this has been a great cruise.".  Food has been outstanding, entertainment a nice mix, and no pushy sales.   Embarkation with us arriving at 11AM in FLL was 10 minutes from shuttle into ship.  Medallions seem to work well.  

I can get super fast WIFI everywhere I've tried it.  I'm in a front cabin and can get WIFI on the balcony,  works up in Sanctuary also.  I'm streaming Hulu and Netflix with no issues. 

Room service has done a great job every morning.

Service has been spot on.

Sitting in a Cabana as I write this...

framer

Sounds great! Love the Regal!

The TV issue was strange I know the cabin next to ours was out.  Ours worked perfect, which I informed the room steward when asked.  Last night I get a letter saying how sorry they were for the TV issue and we got a $25 per person OBC or $50 combined.  I'm very happy...

On 1/24/2019 at 10:12 PM, hllwdcruiser said:

No, but you take your chances.  Sea days it unlikely any will be open.  We prefer port days and they had a couple open if you walked in.    We do 1/2 day in the afternoons, $140.00 total for both of us.  You get 2 welcome drinks of your choice, mini bar setup 375ml bottle of booze or bottle of wine plus 6 water/mixers.  They'll bring you lunch, cool you off.  Short hop into the pool.  Tea at 3.  

We are not heavy drinkers so we get the bottle of wine send to MDR for dinner.  Extra water gets sent to our room. 

It's a flat out bargain to make the wife feel like a princess for a few hours.  

framer

Just got off the Regal before you boarding and will agree with you totally.  The only  complaint we had was the quality of steaks in the Crown Grill  as I believe they have gone down since our last cruise.  The food in the MDR was very good but as all say is subjective at best.  We did this cruise as a per-curser to our upcoming Transatlantic / Baltic cruise.

I skipped the CG this trip because I agree the last couple cruises I was not impressed equal to Texas Roadhouse Steak House, which I like but cost less. 

IMHO The CG / Sterling steaks use to be melt in your mouth prime, now choice at best.  

framer

• Like 1

Glad to hear you are so enjoying your sailing.  We were on the sailing before yours and loved our cruise along with our time in the Sanctuary.  

Please tell Jovie and Rolly at Crooners that Carolyn and Steve say hello! 

2 hours ago, Crown Cruiser said:

Hi Framer,

You mentioned that the Sanctuary was $140.00 for two for 1/2 days in the afternoon.  Was that for the entire cruise or just for the port days?

Thanks in advance....

That price is for the cabana in the Sanctuary.  It's $140 for 1/2 day.

On 1/25/2019 at 2:12 AM, floridalover5623 said:

The TV system went out yesterday & some people as of this morning still haven gotten it back. 😠

On 1/25/2019 at 2:12 AM, floridalover5623 said:

The TV system went out yesterday & some people as of this morning still haven gotten it back. 😠

Our TV was out for a full day.  Called services in morning to ask about the outage and again in the evening as it was still out.  We each too received $25 goodwill credit which was a nice surprise

On 1/26/2019 at 11:40 AM, framer said:

No, but you take your chances.  Sea days it unlikely any will be open.  We prefer port days and they had a couple open if you walked in.    We do 1/2 day in the afternoons, $140.00 total for both of us.  You get 2 welcome drinks of your choice, mini bar setup 375ml bottle of booze or bottle of wine plus 6 water/mixers.  They'll bring you lunch, cool you off.  Short hop into the pool.  Tea at 3.  

We are not heavy drinkers so we get the bottle of wine send to MDR for dinner.  Extra water gets sent to our room. 

It's a flat out bargain to make the wife feel like a princess for a few hours.  

framer

Thank you for the details - it sounds lovely. Now I just have to figure out how show this to DH so that he will somehow believe he thought of it himself! Happy wife, happy life and all that....:classic_wink:

WE were in Lido 108 which is a front facing corner mini-suite.  

It is exactly like a video of the Royal Princess L108 that's on youtube.  It's different than the M108 below in that the closets are at the entrance and not in the bedroom.  It seems slightly bigger than M108.  L108 has a longer desk area.  If I had my choice I'd prefer L108 to M108.  

The balcony area has a completely covered area and a partially covered area, all very private.     

L108, M108, L107, M108 are all great mini-suites, with huge balconies and normally the lowest cost Club Class cabin you can get. 

framer

l108.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, shakeNbake said:

Would appreciate if you can give a review of the Princess Theater shows. Sailing on her in a few weeks. Sailed Rega on her inaugural season.

We were on Regal for 2 weeks...jan 13 to 27th

The following shows are excellent..Born to Dance, Bravo, Fiera, and Sweet Soul Music...performed by Princess singers and dancers

Bravo included guest soprano Amal el Sharif...phenomenal voice

show times were 8 and 10....people started to get their seats at 7:15

comedian Robbie Printz is very entertaining

Johnny Beehner we didn’t see

mexican Folklore festival did not see

Beatlemaniacs...The Fab Four... a good show...takes you back to the Beatles days

not to be missed in piazza and also performed on pool deck and in Crooners

Ella Ryan...she has a fabulous voice

solomon Jaye...classic and contemporary pop/RnB...influences of Bruno Mars, Sam Cooke, Lionel Richie etc and tap dancing style of Michael Jackson, Sammy Davis Jr.

he performed twice...I felt the second show was better than his first but it was also very good

we have seen some of the shows several times but still enjoy them!

Have fun!

• Thanks 1