Address on Identification

snoope

Can any one foresee a problem where your address on file with Royal and actual id don’t match? I can’t think of any. When I physically check in I show my passport and nothing else. Am I missing anything?

Dave

1 hour ago, snoope said:

Can any one foresee a problem where your address on file with Royal and actual id don’t match? I can’t think of any. When I physically check in I show my passport and nothing else. Am I missing anything?

Dave

Only situation that comes to mind is if you booked with a residency rate.  If so, they have the option to ask for ID that matches the residency rate.  We've had many residency rates and they have never asked to see an ID with an address, but they could.  If you didn't have an ID that matches the residency rate, they could charge you more for the stateroom.

4 hours ago, snoope said:

Dave

Last 15 years never a problem and we cruise 2-3 times a year! 👍

13 hours ago, snoope said:

Thanks guys. That’s what I thought. 

Canadian passports don’t have addresses. 

I don't think any passports have addresses.

I know that US and Bulgarian (EU) do not.

Since US passports are good for 10 years (Don't know about other Countries), it would be a pain if they had your address on them.  Just think you would have to have them updated whenever you moved.  There was a period of time when I moved about 5 times over a 3 year period due to marriage and new job.