Considering B2B Cruise

Hello

Sorry if this has already been discussed on here.

If anybody has any tips, experiences, etc to share of back to back cruising I would love to hear them as I am considering doing my first B2B cruise in 2021.

I'm mainly interested in cruising out of Sydney (for convenience seeing I live there) but open to other suggestions too.

This will be my 40th birthday celebration and most likely a solo trip.

I have done the South Pacific twice (but without Fiji) and going to NZ for the second time this December (2nd time on Ovation - first solo holiday).

Maybe if it's not too costly I will do the Radiance of the seas B2B that goes all around Australia.

I hope someone out there can help.

Thank you and happy cruising.

Just done a b2b,  if you book via the website call Royal Caribbean and they’ll link the two bookings together (you can’t book a b2b via the website). 

Ideally you’ll want to keep the same room for both cruises and finding a cabin that is available for both sailings can be time consuming, if you want to eliminate that problem book direct with Royal Caribbean or through a travel agent.

If your loyalty points take you to next level after the first cruise make sure they’re applied for your second sailing or you’ll miss out on any discounts and perks that they’ll bring.

4 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Sure you can, just book consecutive cruises.

Sorry, meant to clarify that by linking the two cruises it will then be picked up by Royal Caribbean that you’re staying aboard and you’ll receive notification on what to do on change over day.

For B2B definitely try to get the same cabin for both legs.  While you don't need to fully pack, it just makes things easier.  I am a bit more flexible in my cabin location when doing B2B as I like the convience.

However if you can't get the same cabin, also let your cabin steward know during the cruise.  Sometimes they don't get the word

• Like 1

Thanks for the info guys.

Will I be okay to do an excursion or get out at the port to explore on my own on the day one cruise ends and the next begins, and not have trouble getting on/off the ship that day. Would having to move to another cabin for the second cruise affect this?

And also do I have to have a certain status in the crown and anchor society or be in a fancier cabin type to get my luggage moved by RC.

I do realize that some of these questions might be stupid.

Appreciate your feedback.

When doing b2b from Sydney you have to leave the ship and reboard, not sure about Freo as we have always disembarked there, but others we have done there is no problems getting off and exploring before getting back on.  You will receive notification of a meeting for b2b cruisers a few days before the end of the first leg where they will explain the procedures and about getting your new sea pass card.  I say go for it and enjoy, we have done both legs before, just not b2b.

4 hours ago, Mike From Syd said:

Will I be okay to do an excursion or get out at the port to explore on my own on the day one cruise ends and the next begins, and not have trouble getting on/off the ship that day. Would having to move to another cabin for the second cruise affect this?

Moving from one cabin to another should not be an issue.  You will pack the night before and crew will  move your luggage.

On transition day, you will need to log off the ship with old seapass card and log back on with new seapass card.  We have always gone through this process at a meeting on the morning of transition day.  I have always gotten my new seapass card at that meeting.   Others have said that it was delivered to stateroom the day before.  When you can get off will depend on when you get your new seapass card.

We've done a few b2b's, and each one is a little different process. On the last one we had the option of getting our new seapass card and "in transit" paper before 9AM at Guest Services on transition day. That way we had all day to go ashore and explore, and didn't have to wait in the lines to check back in. 

On 1/28/2019 at 10:18 PM, Mike From Syd said:

And also do I have to have a certain status in the crown and anchor society or be in a fancier cabin type to get my luggage moved by RC.

I do realize that some of these questions might be stupid.

Appreciate your feedback.

We've done a few B2B out of Sydney...the OPT, Overseas Passenger Terminal, is probably one of the most organized cruise terminal we've been to.

Yes, it is ok to do an excursion on "turn around day".  For us, we disembarked early (used our old seapass card getting off the ship) and had our new seapass card and "in transit" card for when we get back.  When you get back, simply let them know you are "in transit" and you will bypass all the lines.  (You will still have to go through the security/x-ray line).  It is pretty easy.

Moving to another cabin won't affect this.  As others said, if you have to move, pack all your "small" items in your luggage...all the stuff in your bathroom, drawers, table, and make sure to empty your safe.  All your clothes that are hanging...leave them hanging.  Your cabin steward will move them for you...no special C&A status needed.

Note: A day or so before the end of the first cruise, try to meet your new cabin steward and let him/her know if you have any special request.  Also, if you decide not to disembark the ship on turnaround day, you will access to your new cabin. 

Special note: There is usually a "special" lunch provided for B2B passengers...so if you are out on an excursion...you'll miss it.  The B2B lunch can vary from ship to ship...they can have it at a specialty restaurant (with limited menu...still great), or perhaps a section in the MDR, also with a limited menu...sometimes with complimentary wine.  Enjoy your B2B, and Happy Sailing!!! :classic_smile:

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 2:37 AM, Mike From Syd said:

Hello

Sorry if this has already been discussed on here.

If anybody has any tips, experiences, etc to share of back to back cruising I would love to hear them as I am considering doing my first B2B cruise in 2021.

I'm mainly interested in cruising out of Sydney (for convenience seeing I live there) but open to other suggestions too.

This will be my 40th birthday celebration and most likely a solo trip.

I have done the South Pacific twice (but without Fiji) and going to NZ for the second time this December (2nd time on Ovation - first solo holiday).

Maybe if it's not too costly I will do the Radiance of the seas B2B that goes all around Australia.

I hope someone out there can help.

Thank you and happy cruising.

You will receive in your cabin a letter for consecutive cruisers a day or two before the end of the first leg detailing the procedure for your TAD. It will tell you where and what time to meet and what you are required to bring with you. All of our B2B cruises have been very well organized. Your TAD process won't take place until all non consecutive cruisers are off the ship and all consecutive cruisers are present for the TAD process. After the TAD process is over you don't have to wait until the 1:00 PM opening of all cabins. You can come and go as you please. The fire doors will be closed to the cabin hallways but you are permitted to open them  to get to your cabin. 

Edited by davekathy

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the info.

What about drinks? I assume there is no B2B discount on deluxe drink packages (Royal would lose too much money) and I'd rather put some of that money towards shore excursions and port of call spending so maybe I should do a combo of the following:

* bring 2 bottles of wine on embarkation (does this work for turn around day as well?)

* purchase 10 drink cards

* purchase coffee cards

* purchase bucket of beers special

* simply charge the occasional drink to my on board expense account eg drink of the day

* do the galley brunch tour (includes bubbly)

What do you guys think? What have you previous B2B cruisers done?

I must admit having the deluxe drinks package is more convenient.

I don't mean to sound like an alcoholic I just want as much info as possible before the next oz cruise season goes on sale on March 18th (according to RC blog)

7 hours ago, Mike From Syd said:

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the info.

What about drinks? I assume there is no B2B discount on deluxe drink packages (Royal would lose too much money) and I'd rather put some of that money towards shore excursions and port of call spending so maybe I should do a combo of the following:

* bring 2 bottles of wine on embarkation (does this work for turn around day as well?)

* purchase 10 drink cards

* purchase coffee cards

* purchase bucket of beers special

* simply charge the occasional drink to my on board expense account eg drink of the day

* do the galley brunch tour (includes bubbly)

What do you guys think? What have you previous B2B cruisers done?

I must admit having the deluxe drinks package is more convenient.

I don't mean to sound like an alcoholic I just want as much info as possible before the next oz cruise season goes on sale on March 18th (according to RC blog)

Wine:  I have read reports people have brought four bottles of wine on board.  They had to show paperwork for both legs.  I can't remember if two of the bottles were held by RC for the second leg.  If so, one option would be to buy the drinks package for the first let, saving the first two bottles to second leg.  That way you would have 4 bottles available for the second leg

t

The purchase 10 drink card is not always offered.  It is hit or miss.

Coffee card.  I am not up on coffee turns, but anyway.  It seems the ships are inconsistent about how they implement this.  Some enforce an one shot/one punch policy.  I.E. if you order a coffee drink that requires two shots, your card is punched twice.  While other ships, will only punch once no matter the number of shots used for that drink.  If it is the former, then the coffee card is not a good deal.

Some say.........If you want liquor to drink for the second of your B2B...buy liquor onboard during your first week of your B2B.  If you buy it early, they will deliver the bottle (or bottles) on the last day of your first cruise.  If you buy it on the last day, they will often just allow you to take it.  You'll then have liquor in your cabin for your second cruise. :classic_biggrin::classic_wink:🍹

One nice thing to do, if you are keeping the same cabin, is to let your cabin attendant know you are doing a B2B,...... then inform him/her that you don't need turnaround service.  It will lighten their load, and will be most appreciated.  🙂 

I just asked for a few replacement towels that morning, and was fine with the rest.  

Edited by island lady

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

One nice thing to do, if you are keeping the same cabin, is to let your cabin attendant know you are doing a B2B,...... then inform him/her that you don't need turnaround service.  It will lighten their load, and will be most appreciated.  🙂 

I just asked for a few replacement towels that morning, and was fine with the rest.  

I hope you and Bucky are having a great time on the Enchantment.  🍷🍺

I like the idea of getting the drinks package for one leg of the cruise. It would be both convenient and save hundreds of dollars on a cruise all way round Australia - more money for the ports/excursions. It would also reduce the chance of abusing the package and reduce calorie intake. I could get it the 2nd leg of the cruise so it would be a nice end to my 40th birthday celebration cruise.

What about the ports of call when sailing around Australia - which ones are worth getting excursions through the ship and which excursions in particular? Do some of the ports just have a shuttle so you can wonder around on your own - does the shuttle cost extra? Are there some ports where you can just walk of the ship and there will be things to see/do. 

What do you think about radiance of the seas? I hear shes getting on a bit but I think that in general the service is better on the smaller ships. Is the tendering a smooth operation on the Australian ports of call.

I know I ask too many questions. All advice/recommendations appreciated.