Booking entertainment, when?

I am going on a cruise in April and the reservations for shows are STILL not available. How will I find out when to book? Do they send you an email letting you know they are up? I'm frustrated because I didn't try booking any dinners until 90 days out, which is what my travel agent told me and my then the earliest reservations we could get was 7pm or later! My family is used to dinner at 5:30 so this is going to make for an unusual cruise and if we don't get shows, ugh!

Jenn

No set time for reservations to become available.  No email sent. Check every day.

By the way, you can get into shows without reservations.  You just have to get into the standby line, which is allowed into the venue about 10 minutes before the performance starts.  For most shows this works fine, though you might have a problem with the comedy show as that is a small venue.

1 minute ago, susan12369 said:

We're going on a cruise in about 20 days and I don't see any reservations for shows - will those become available on the cruise planner?  First time cruiser, so sorry if this is a dumb question.

What ship?

Only Oasis and Quantum class ships have pre-cruise show reservations.

1 minute ago, susan12369 said:

We're going on a cruise in about 20 days and I don't see any reservations for shows - will those become available on the cruise planner?  First time cruiser, so sorry if this is a dumb question.

No reservations on Rhapsody.

2 minutes ago, susan12369 said:

Gotcha - Rhapsody of the Seas, so we'll wait until we board.

Yep, all shows on Rhapsody are first come, first served.  No show reservations on board either.

6 hours ago, jordanaire said:

On Allure on April 7th and still not able to make reservations for the shows. Hopefully soon!

We're on Oasis April 7 - still nothing on our cruise planner yet either. Hoping now for maybe 60 days out...  When we sailed Oasis for NYE show reservations opened up in July.