Shower before getting into pools/hot tub

The directions placed in front of the pools/hot tubs clearly state to shower before entering.  They place convenient showers right next to these clearly marked signs so you can shower before jumping in.  It takes like 30 seconds.  Why does basically NO ONE follow the instruction? So gross...

12 minutes ago, UnorigionalName said:

The directions placed in front of the pools/hot tubs clearly state to shower before entering.  They place convenient showers right next to these clearly marked signs so you can shower before jumping in.  It takes like 30 seconds.  Why does basically NO ONE follow the instruction? So gross...

Hot Tub is People Soup. Pass...

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I’m less worried about people not showering than I am about the folks who have had 2 buckets of beers and haven’t been out of the water in hours .........if you know what I mean. 

And some ask if the water in the pools is warm. 

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I’m less worried about people not showering than I am about the folks who have had 2 buckets of beers and haven’t been out of the water in hours .........if you know what I mean. 

Watched TV show last week where they tested bunch of Pools and Hot Tubs, even really nice Resorts. Said average size swimming pool has 8 Gallons of Urine in it. 

Edited by ONECRUISER

The sign about showing and whether there is urine in a pool are separate topics.

The sign is a product of corporate bureaucracy and nanny state mentality.  Common sense says if someone shows up at a pool slathered in motor oil, yes, please shower off first.  If you've been bronzing in a lawn chair for 30 minutes and have some human perspiration on you, then just dive in.  That's what I do, that's what the guests to my pool do and it doesn't gross me out.  Perspiration is completely soluble in water and is not harmful.

The urine in the pool comes from inside a body and cannot be showered off beforehand.  Separate issue.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DfDinLA said:

The sign about showing and whether there is urine in a pool are separate topics.

The sign is a product of corporate bureaucracy and nanny state mentality.  Common sense says if someone shows up at a pool slathered in motor oil, yes, please shower off first.  If you've been bronzing in a lawn chair for 30 minutes and have some human perspiration on you, then just dive in.  That's what I do, that's what the guests to my pool do and it doesn't gross me out.  Perspiration is completely soluble in water and is not harmful.

The urine in the pool comes from inside a body and cannot be showered off beforehand.  Separate issue.

Agree, but what about fecal matter?  There's got to be some present and that's worse than urine.

26 minutes ago, DfDinLA said:

No, that's exactly what it's for.  Please shower off your perspiration.  I don't want to be marinating in a human soup please.  Maybe it's a cultural thing... but gross. 

Urinating in a pool with other people is so unthinkable, that deserves like throwing them into the ocean.

Very few people ever shower on cruise ship pools.....they never informed this rule. I like to sit out catching some Sun and like to watch how many actually shower.....not many.....I think that's why they have such a high concentration of chemicals in the pools.

Imagine the nastiness on the elevator buttons. Or the serving spoons in the Windjammer. The showers are a good idea but they are usually way too cold for me. Five seconds and I'm freezing. 30 seconds out is of the question.

• Like 1

The “No Food Or Drink” in pools and hot tubs was ignored by every shift of life guards on the Vision OTS in the solarium pool.

Another observation whilst on board was the amount of people who walked straight out of the bathroom without washing their hands 🤢.

• Like 1

When we were on Navigator in November, there was so much gunge that it all clumped together on the surface of the pool to the extent that it looked like vomit, but when I pointed it out to the head lifeguard, she assured me it was "just sunscreen". No prizes for guessing who didn't get in the pool... 

20181126_190947.jpg

4 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

When we were on Navigator in November, there was so much gunge that it all clumped together on the surface of the pool to the extent that it looked like vomit, but when I pointed it out to the head lifeguard, she assured me it was "just sunscreen". No prizes for guessing who didn't get in the pool... 

20181126_190947.jpg

Oh that's just nasty!

1 minute ago, Colorado Babe said:

I rarely ever go in the pool but if I do, it's in the solarium.  I thought the water in the pools come from the ocean and are filtered.  Now I am really grossed out. 

The water in the pools DOES come from the ocean. Once it's in the pool though, there's no stopping people from doing what they want in the water.

1 minute ago, Colorado Babe said:

I rarely ever go in the pool but if I do, it's in the solarium.  I thought the water in the pools come from the ocean and are filtered.  Now I am really grossed out. 

Doesn't matter if the water is filtered, as soon as dirty bodies get in so is the water.

1 minute ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

The water in the pools DOES come from the ocean. Once it's in the pool though, there's no stopping people from doing what they want in the water.

I guess my question is, doesn't the water get filtered in and out instantaneously?