Culinary Centre bookings

Kangakid

Hi All - I was just wondering how you go about booking a session in the culinary centre.  Do the bookings open up prior to the Cruise or do we make the bookings once on board.  Any info would be appreciated, also do these sessions occur on every cruise or only select cruises.

Cheers V

5 minutes ago, Kangakid said:

Hi All - I was just wondering how you go about booking a session in the culinary centre.  Do the bookings open up prior to the Cruise or do we make the bookings once on board.  Any info would be appreciated, also do these sessions occur on every cruise or only select cruises.

Cheers V

Culinary Centers are only on Marina and Riviera. You can (and should) pre-purchase the classes online. In "manage my booking" on your account, go to "other options" (it's similar to  shopping for excursions). Sea Day classes sell out quickly after they are added to the schedule.

• Like 1

Yes, they will open up prior to sailing.  Dates vary with each cruise.  As I recall on our last Marina cruise I think the culinary classes opened up around 45-60 days prior.  Go to "Manage Reservations" on the Oceania website and watch for the culinary classes to open up.  On our last cruise an extra class was added once we sailed.  If you sail in May or later, you will be able to use On Board Credit to book.  The official date is May 19.  However, we sail May 15 and booked La Reserve with OBC.  Hope this helps.

-Katie

Despite the fact that they sell out quickly (which they do), I once had to cancel at the last minute because I typically have nasal congestion.  I wasn't feeling well, and they are pretty specific about who should participate.

All I'm trying to say is that it can't hurt to try for a last minute reservation.

There was another time when I was booked but totally forgot until two days later ... so my bad but there was another opening on that day as well.

It can't hurt to ask if you haven't been able to book earlier.

The first time I got my fee back, the second time I didn't ... which wasn't unexpected since I didn't cancel!

Mura

I  have booked on embarkation day without  a problem

but we were will to just wait & see what was available

If  something you really want to do book ahead

I think ours showed up prior to final payment day

just check in"MY ACCOUNT"   then Manage this booking  then under the "Other Options"  tab

1 hour ago, Kangakid said:

Thanks everyone I will check about the same time my bookings open up for the specialty which is end of June

cheers V

have you check  in MY ACCOUNT  on O website ?

the popular ones may fill  up before the cruise

Thanks Orv will check my account again, but didn’t  notice any ability to book when I checked prior to posting.  My cruise is in August and only in B verandah stateroom, so I wonder if that impacts on time lines?

7 minutes ago, Kangakid said:

Thanks Orv will check my account again, but didn’t  notice any ability to book when I checked prior to posting.  My cruise is in August and only in B verandah stateroom, so I wonder if that impacts on time lines?

The cooking classes are open to all  once posted

when you check online in your account  click on the OTHER OPTIONS  tab

if classes are up for your sailing the button SHOP FOR CULINARY CLASSES  will be  highlighted

click there  & check the dates  classes are offered  & select those you want to try

They may or may not be open for booking  for your cruise  just keep checking

23 minutes ago, Kangakid said:

I have a Riviera cruise starting at the end of this August and all "sea day" classes have been filled for weeks. Most port day classes are also filled.

Booking availability is open to all categories at the same time. 

Go to "other options" in "my account" then "manage this booking."

In looking at various comments I'm wondering if some are confusing reservations for specialty restaurants with booking a culinary class.  The former do depend on your room category, the latter do NOT.  Nor does a booking for La Reserve or Privee, come to think of it since those are fee based (at least that's why I assume they are different from the free reservations).

The advice for booking La Reserve or a cooking class early are that there just aren't many available on a ship that can carry 1250 passengers.  La Reserve has 24 seats.  I've forgotten how many can take a cooking class but I think it's about the same.

And NO ONE can get extra specialty reservations before boarding.  Once you are on board, by all means try for them if they are important to you. 

Mura

Hip hip hooray, thank you everyone for your invaluable advice culinary classes booked.  Without your learned advice I would have probably left it all too late and missed out on the opportunity to partake.

Many thanks to you all...

Cheers Vicki

4 minutes ago, Kangakid said:

Hip hip hooray, thank you everyone for your invaluable advice culinary classes booked.  Without your learned advice I would have probably left it all too late and missed out on the opportunity to partake.

Cheers Vicki

Great news

👍

Thanks for the great info on culinary classes. As a newbie to Oceania, I did not know you could book them in advance. I just booked one for my Nov. 15 Riviera  cruise and was able to use OBC. 

I have been sailing with Celebrity so long that I had forgotten how  much useful info there is on these boards when you are new to a cruise line. Sometimes you don’t know that you had a question until you read the answer!

Edited by Straughn
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Kangakid said:

Cheers Vicki

I'm sure you'll enjoy them! We recently returned from our first Oceania cruise and over 10 seas days I took 7 of the classes. They were fun and food was delicious!

We have take many of the classes on two cruises and were fortunate to have Annie Copps as instructor.  Every class was sold out, with about a dozen people waiting at the door, in case someone didn't show.  Book early and enjoy.

1 hour ago, Sny said:

We have take many of the classes on two cruises and were fortunate to have Annie Copps as instructor.  Every class was sold out, with about a dozen people waiting at the door, in case someone didn't show.  Book early and enjoy.

I like  Chef Annie  the best  😉

I see they have new classes on our upcoming  Marina TA  but  most are booked up now :classic_sad: