questions about the refillable cup

Astromaid

I have bought the refreshment package, I believe I have read the cup does not come with a straw, can I bring one from one of my cups from home and assume it will work with this cup? Also will the cup be in our cabin or do we go somewhere to get it? Are there different designs?

5 minutes ago, Astromaid said:

I have bought the refreshment package, I believe I have read the cup does not come with a straw, can I bring one from one of my cups from home and assume it will work with this cup? Also will the cup be in our cabin or do we go somewhere to get it? Are there different designs?

The cup will be in your stateroom.

When we were on Harmony, there were several different designs.   If you don't like the design of the one in your room, you could exchange it.  I had unfortunately taken off the clear wrapping so I could not exchange it

Edited by Emfagan
wording

8 hours ago, Emfagan said:

When we were on Harmony, there were several different designs.   If you don't like the design of the one in your room, you could exchange it.  I had unfortunately taken off the clear wrapping so I could not exchange it

Do you get these cups with the DBP (alcohol included), or only with the RBP (no alcohol)??   Where would you go to exchange it???

Edited by ULCajunCruiser
Add question

20 minutes ago, ULCajunCruiser said:

Do you get these cups with the DBP (alcohol included), or only with the RBP (no alcohol)??   Where would you go to exchange it???

Comes with all beverage packages.

Can be exchanged (if UNWRAPPED) at any of the numerous stations set up to sell the package.  Seriously, walk around any ship the first two days and you'll trip over them all the time!

I always thought it odd that they don't automatically give two different colors when leaving them in a stateroom... how do you tell whose is whose if they're both the same color?

Just now, brillohead said:

Comes with all beverage packages.

Can be exchanged (if UNWRAPPED) at any of the numerous stations set up to sell the package.  Seriously, walk around any ship the first two days and you'll trip over them all the time!

I always thought it odd that they don't automatically give two different colors when leaving them in a stateroom... how do you tell whose is whose if they're both the same color?

Thanks!!  This will be the first time I get this cup.   

Yeah, I guess putting two different color cups in a stateroom makes too much sense!! 

57 minutes ago, ULCajunCruiser said:

Thanks!!  This will be the first time I get this cup.   

Yeah, I guess putting two different color cups in a stateroom makes too much sense!! 

Maybe they're thinking that families will want to match???  

More than likely, though, they just reach in the box and plop down whatever is in their hand without looking at it.  Turnaround day is soooooo busy and hectic, that even a few seconds to look for a different color cup is a few seconds too much!

Some people complain about carrying the cup around, but I prefer it for the pool deck because it holds more and it keeps the ice from melting quite so quickly.  In a lounge or in a dining room, I just get soda in the glass.  

I just carry a small beachbag / totebag on the pool deck, for my phone, Kindle, sunscreen, sunglasses, etc. and I use that for carrying the empty cup around, so it's no problem for me.  

Curious how teens handle the drink pkgs...... on Disney there are free drink stations w disposable cups and the boys were constantly grabbing a drink.  My 15 and 11 year old won’t always be w us so I wonder if teens just carry the cups around?

14 hours ago, parrothead34984 said:

It takes a slimmer straw than normal. We bring some from a local Cumberland Farms gas station and they work great.

Yes, I liked the Royal cups from 5-6yrs ago, top was more like a Coffee cup and think that one you actually could put coffee in it

8 minutes ago, Zendeck said:

Curious how teens handle the drink pkgs...... on Disney there are free drink stations w disposable cups and the boys were constantly grabbing a drink.  My 15 and 11 year old won’t always be w us so I wonder if teens just carry the cups around?

Some carry the cup, others are happy with the limited flavours at the bars and don’t bother taking the cup with them.  On our last cruise we brought home 4 cups still in their original packaging. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

7 minutes ago, Zendeck said:

They don’t need to carry their cup. As long as they have their Seapass card they can get soda at any bar; not as many choices though. 

4 hours ago, brillohead said:

Some people complain about carrying the cup around, but I prefer it for the pool deck because it holds more and it keeps the ice from melting quite so quickly.  In a lounge or in a dining room, I just get soda in the glass.  

I've always been surprised Royal doesn't sell some sort of holster or baldric to hold the cup while you walk around.  Six Flags' amusement parks sell a shoulder strap and neoprene cup holder for their season drink cups for about $6...so Royal could sell something similar for, oh, about $12.  :)  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pellaz said:

I've always been surprised Royal doesn't sell some sort of holster or baldric to hold the cup while you walk around.  Six Flags' amusement parks sell a shoulder strap and neoprene cup holder for their season drink cups for about $6...so Royal could sell something similar for, oh, about $12.  🙂

Add a mini fan to your fancy cup holder and you can charge $20 like Disney World!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pellaz said:

I've always been surprised Royal doesn't sell some sort of holster or baldric to hold the cup while you walk around.  Six Flags' amusement parks sell a shoulder strap and neoprene cup holder for their season drink cups for about $6...so Royal could sell something similar for, oh, about $12.  🙂

Sure why not a Hat that can hold 2 of them with a straw to your mouth(kidding).. Problem is these cups leak out the opening, even when closed. So you wouldn't want it swinging/bouncing around

Edited by ONECRUISER

4 minutes ago, norway olin said:

We haven't been on Royal Caribbean for years so we are not familiar with the cups. Are the cups required for the freestyle machines? Can you just use your card for any other venue?

Cups are required for the freestyle machines.  Seapass card or cup at bars. 

13 minutes ago, norway olin said:

We haven't been on Royal Caribbean for years so we are not familiar with the cups. Are the cups required for the freestyle machines? Can you just use your card for any other venue?

When you use your card at restarants or bars, you will only have a choice of about 6 different flavors.  The Freestyle machine has over 100 different combinations.

• 1 month later...

Question that I'm sure has been asked before - If I have cups from previous cruises, will they work on the freestyle machines if I bring them with me on my cruise? Just curious. I actually have several sets of cups, all unopened and see them listed on Ebay so wondering if I sell mine, would someone be able to use them for free soda?

8 minutes ago, RobinCruiser said:

Question that I'm sure has been asked before - If I have cups from previous cruises, will they work on the freestyle machines if I bring them with me on my cruise? Just curious. I actually have several sets of cups, all unopened and see them listed on Ebay so wondering if I sell mine, would someone be able to use them for free soda?

No, cups from earlier cruises won't work. 

Each cup has a unique identifier via an RFID chip in the base.  That identifier times out a certain number of days after it's first use.