Favorite Drink

17 hours ago, RTR 21-0 said:

Really can’t go wrong with any drink at the Alchemy.

Oh yes, you can. While I enjoyed most of the drinks I've gotten there, I still won't forget the first drink I had there, the Alchemist's Sidecar. Since we were doing pay as you go and I hate wasting anything (especially an 11 dollar drink), I forced myself to finish it, but it wasn't easy. DH on the other hand thought it was good, but then he didn't like the Caribbean Manhattan we tried next that I thought was awesome.  

My first drink on board is the Cruiser

Ingredients

1 oz skyy vodka
1 oz Malibu Coconut Rum
1/2 oz Peach Schnapps
1 1/4 oz Cranberry Juice
1 1/4 oz Orange Juice
1 1/4 oz Pineapple Juice

Directions
1. Shake all ingredients with ice
2. Pour into a glass, garnish with a orange slice and cherry.

5 hours ago, schazzy said:

Oh yes, you can. While I enjoyed most of the drinks I've gotten there, I still won't forget the first drink I had there, the Alchemist's Sidecar. Since we were doing pay as you go and I hate wasting anything (especially an 11 dollar drink), I forced myself to finish it, but it wasn't easy. DH on the other hand thought it was good, but then he didn't like the Caribbean Manhattan we tried next that I thought was awesome.  

Stinks when we get a drink or meal anywhere that doesn’t make our mouths want to do a happy dance.  I like to recommend the Alchemy as the mixologists will create a drink based off your preferences.  They did that for DH who is mainly a beer guy and he didn’t leave the bar for quite a while after that concoction 😂

• Like 1

On 2/3/2019 at 8:15 PM, PhillyFan33579 said:

My “kick-off” drink used to be Strongbow, but Carnival got rid of that several years ago. So I turned to Bud Light Lime to start off every cruise, only to find out on Miracle in December that Carnival got rid of that beer. So now I am faced with a big decision to make when I board Sunshine in less than two weeks. 

Carnival carries Angry Orchard.  It's a bit sweeter than Strongbow (yum) but still a decent cider.  I think you get a little more in an AO can vs. Strongbow too.

On 2/4/2019 at 12:42 AM, babe97 said:

I really love a Red's Remedy from the rum bar. I have no idea what is in it but it's delicious! My old go to was the green iguana from the tequila bar, but after realizing I was having sudden but mild asthma attacks after drinking them, I discovered I'm allergic to midori. So I know it has tequila and midori in it, but not sure what else. 

That's so sad, I enjoy a lot of midori based drinks on Carnival.  Glad you were able to find something else.

On 2/5/2019 at 12:19 PM, RTR 21-0 said:

Stinks when we get a drink or meal anywhere that doesn’t make our mouths want to do a happy dance.  I like to recommend the Alchemy as the mixologists will create a drink based off your preferences.  They did that for DH who is mainly a beer guy and he didn’t leave the bar for quite a while after that concoction 😂

Looking forward to trying Alchemy for the first time on the Breeze next week since I have Cheers for the first time.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mimxmom said:

BBC (Baileys Banana Colada)

Not sure what’s in it but it’s creamy and frozen and delicious!

Ummmmm yeah this will definitely be had 1st instead of my usual pina colada on our April cruise.   Sounds so good! 

On 2/6/2019 at 4:32 PM, GMRPHRN said:

Looking forward to trying Alchemy for the first time on the Breeze next week since I have Cheers for the first time.

Wishing you a fun & safe cruise. 

Edited by RTR 21-0

We always start with a Funship special, then I switch to a Miami Vice (half Pina Colada and half Strawberry Daiquiri) and alternate with a Twilight Zone1 oz Bacardi Light Rum. 1/2 oz Melon Liqueur. 1 1/2 oz Coconut Cream. 5 oz Crushed Ice. Float of Blue Caracao.

I also like a good Mojito and hope the Havana Bar on the Sunshine next week makes a good one.  Also looking forward to trying more than The Deal Closer at the Alchemy Bar. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2019 at 8:15 PM, PhillyFan33579 said:

My “kick-off” drink used to be Strongbow, but Carnival got rid of that several years ago. So I turned to Bud Light Lime to start off every cruise, only to find out on Miracle in December that Carnival got rid of that beer. So now I am faced with a big decision to make when I board Sunshine in less than two weeks. 

Any feedback from your recent trip?  Did they have the bud light lime by chance?  Fingers crossed...

My husband and I always get the Cheers package. I have three favorites. Kiss on the Lips is my first drink on board, Its very sweet so I can not drink too many, Its the "I am finally back on board drink". I also love the Lynchburg on Serenity deck. It is very strong and you can not have any worries after this drink.

Lynchburg Lemonade Jack Daniel’s Whiskey, Patrón Citrónge and Lemonade.

I also love the Spicy Re-Mix its on the NightClub menu but other bars on board will make it. 

Spicy Re-Mix  Jack Daniel’s, chipotle peppers, lemonade, pineapple juice and cool mint leaves.

But I have to admit that I can not drink many of these drinks and my goto drink Is Titos and diet Sprite in a tall glass.

We also like to go to Alchemy Bar and get special just for us drinks made.  

• Like 1