Crazy cheap price - website error?

Looking into Alaska cruises and when I do a search, it brings up a 10 nt Family Tundra Express tour and the price is crazy cheap.  It says it's for the July 12 sailing, but when you try and book it it brings up an August date.  I first noticed this on the weekend and it still hasn't changed.  I am assuming it's an error and Royal wouldn't honour the price even though it's on their website, is that correct?

33 minutes ago, MillbrookMom said:

Looking into Alaska cruises and when I do a search, it brings up a 10 nt Family Tundra Express tour and the price is crazy cheap.  It says it's for the July 12 sailing, but when you try and book it it brings up an August date.  I first noticed this on the weekend and it still hasn't changed.  I am assuming it's an error and Royal wouldn't honour the price even though it's on their website, is that correct?

Depends.  We've been able to take advantage of an obvious error in price that they caught within a few hours, but I've read reports from others that had bookings cancelled.

F.Y.I.

We reserve the right to refuse or cancel any order prior to delivery.  Some situations that may result in your order being cancelled include system or typographical errors, inaccuracies in product or pricing information or product availability, fairness among customers where supplies are limited, or problems identified by our credit or fraud departments.  We also may require additional verification or information before accepting an order.  We will contact you if any portion of your order is cancelled or if additional information is required to accept your order. 

Millbrook Mom,  Very frequently when accessing RCCL from Canada, there are system glitches whereby we see a cheaper price than what the agent (in Guatemala, or Philippines, or Miami or wherever they are) sees.  This has happened to us many times.  We have cruises booked, and I check regularly for price drops.  They have a darn time finding my price which is right in front of my eyes.  I latch on to the cabin and simply hold it.  I do a print screen and keep them on the phone and they run a million miles trying to figure it out from one supervisor to another and every time in the end, we win.  They provide us with the lower price.  Countless times this has happened.    It is a real shame we have to monitor the price of each and every cruise with RCCL.  Why can't booking early truly be advantageous anymore.

17 minutes ago, pink845 said:

Millbrook Mom,  Very frequently when accessing RCCL from Canada, there are system glitches whereby we see a cheaper price than what the agent (in Guatemala, or Philippines, or Miami or wherever they are) sees.  This has happened to us many times.  We have cruises booked, and I check regularly for price drops.  They have a darn time finding my price which is right in front of my eyes.  I latch on to the cabin and simply hold it.  I do a print screen and keep them on the phone and they run a million miles trying to figure it out from one supervisor to another and every time in the end, we win.  They provide us with the lower price.  Countless times this has happened.    It is a real shame we have to monitor the price of each and every cruise with RCCL.  Why can't booking early truly be advantageous anymore.

But if price is insanely cheap in error it might not be honored. It's happened multiple times in the past. One time lot of CC members got great deal on Suites, Royal quickly corrected it didn't honor their's but didn't catch them all. Was like 100% off second passenger and 50% off first. Choice was either pay higher correct rate or cancel, this after deposits had been made..

We jumped on a 7 night Harmony cruise early last year that was selling for less than $400 per person & included a deluxe drinks package. We booked online, paid our deposit & held our breath. 

The next day the price was almost $1200 per person. 

We were never contacted to say there was a mistake & got to cruise for an amazing price. 

• Like 2

I first noticed that price over a week ago or that cruise.  It has been there for a while.  I know it is an error, but tried to book a room as soon as I saw it on the off chance I could make the booking and have it honoured.  It always says, sorry there are no rooms for 2 (or 3, or 4) available to call them.  Obviously a glitch, but I keep trying once per day to see if I hit the jackpot and it offers me a cabin for that price.  No luck yet, and I doubt I ever will be lucky enough to get one at that price.  We can all dream though...