Excursion on day of embarkation?

Please help me to understand.  I am looking at an excursion for our embarkation port (Vancouver).  It is a 2 hr excursion starting at 9.  So we would be responsible for getting transportation to the cruise terminal and the excursion would leave from there, is that correct? And after we arrive (at 9), do we check in then or when we get back at 11?  What happens to our luggage? Does the checked luggage get checked that early? And what about carryons? Do we have to keep our carryons with wine and soda with us or is there somewhere to leave all that?  And where exactly do you check in for the excursion?  Is that somewhere inside or outside the terminal?  Sorry for all the questions, but my PVP has vanished and I didn’t know who else to ask. TIA!

usually cruise lines excursions on the day you leave are for people with later flights-- it should include transportation to the airport.   (does it say that on the excursion notes?     you put everything on the bus   the bus transport it to the airport.    

or is this an excursion before the cruise?   Never heard of that before

46 minutes ago, riffatsea said:

I have never heard of taking an excursion at the port before your cruise??

I don't think it is possible .

seems like there were some options for Port Canaveral for our Dec 2017 sailing on Sunshine, like air boat rides... but i had many of the same questions as the OP, and other things came up, so we did not try the pre-cruise excursion.

so i will be interested in answers from those who have done one.

I took a screenshot of the excursion in question.  You can see that it is listed as being on 4/29 which is embarkation day. This is my 5th cruise and I don’t know that I have ever seen an embarkation day excursion (just transfers).  I am really interested in doing this one IF I can figure out how it works.

17159AC9-FA00-492F-8722-AECD56750410.jpeg

1 hour ago, serene56 said:

usually cruise lines excursions on the day you leave are for people with later flights-- it should include transportation to the airport.   (does it say that on the excursion notes?     you put everything on the bus   the bus transport it to the airport.    

or is this an excursion before the cruise?   Never heard of that before

49 minutes ago, coevan said:

only time I have seen same day pre cruise excursions in San Juan, when they depart at 10pm

1 hour ago, riffatsea said:

I have never heard of taking an excursion at the port before your cruise??

I don't think it is possible .

Included screenshot above.  Maybe it will provide some clarity?

1 hour ago, Garth2 said:

You should pick up the phone and call Carnival before you book the excursion.

I can try that, but I’ve already asked my PVP, who had no idea. Then I called and spoke to someone else who also had no idea. So I only want to call if I think I can actually speak to someone who knows.

14 hours ago, Mediterranean_Honeymooner said:

I took a screenshot of the excursion in question.  You can see that it is listed as being on 4/29 which is embarkation day. This is my 5th cruise and I don’t know that I have ever seen an embarkation day excursion (just transfers).  I am really interested in doing this one IF I can figure out how it works.

17159AC9-FA00-492F-8722-AECD56750410.jpeg

This tour might only be for people that have already booked airport transfers. 

I looked at the general excursions page for Vancouver.  There is another tour offered, Scenic Grouse Mountain, that is also available as a standalone and as a combo with airport transfers.  The description of the standalone version says that it is only for people that have already booked airport transfers. 

The standalone version of your tour has the same picture as the combo version.  The two versions of Scenic Grouse Mountain also share a picture.  The difference in price between the standalone and combo for both tours appears to be the same.  The general excursions page for Vancouver only shows both tours as being for debarkation day.  Your cruise must be an exception.

7 hours ago, Tiger0613 said:

This tour might only be for people that have already booked airport transfers. 

I looked at the general excursions page for Vancouver.  There is another tour offered, Scenic Grouse Mountain, that is also available as a standalone and as a combo with airport transfers.  The description of the standalone version says that it is only for people that have already booked airport transfers. 

The standalone version of your tour has the same picture as the combo version.  The two versions of Scenic Grouse Mountain also share a picture.  The difference in price between the standalone and combo for both tours appears to be the same.  The general excursions page for Vancouver only shows both tours as being for debarkation day.  Your cruise must be an exception.

Thank you.  I will try to call today and see if I can get someone at Carnival who actually knows what’s going on.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mediterranean_Honeymooner said:

Follow up:  I finally got in touch with shore excursions and despite that fact that is available for me to purchase on my embarkation day, the excursion is actually supposed to be for disembarking guests from the previous cruise. 😢. Oh well.  

Perfect for you, when you get back